[TOW] Fury Road 2000pts

Cooked up this silly little list.

Fury Road - [2000pts]

Chaos Dwarfs - Main Force [1503pts]

Characters [447pts]

Black Orc Bigboss [217pts]: Hand Weapon, Full Plate Armour, Cavalry Spear, General, Enchanted Shield, Trollhide Trousers
• 1x Orc Boar Chariot [90pts]: 2x War Boar, Tusks, 2x Orc Crew, Cavalry Spear, Hand Weapon

Taur’ruk [230pts]: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Darkforged Weapon, The Mask of the Furnace, Charmed Shield, Mantle of Stone

Core [518pts]

Black Orc Mobs [358pts]: Stubborn, Veteran
• 20x Black Orc [15pts]: Full Plate Armour, Hand Weapon, Additional Hand Weapon
• Boss [6pts]: Full Plate Armour, Hand Weapon, Additional Hand Weapon
• Musician [6pts]: Full Plate Armour, Hand Weapon, Additional Hand Weapon
• Standard Bearer [46pts]: Full Plate Armour, Hand Weapon, Additional Hand Weapon, Waaagh! Banner

Infernal Guard [160pts]: Fireglaive, Drilled
• 10x Infernal Guard [11pts]: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour

Special [538pts]

Bull Centaur Renders [228pts]: Great Weapon
• 3x Bull Centaur Render [56pts]: Hand Weapon, Light Armour
• Bull Centaur Ba’hal [6pts]
• Standard Bearer [36pts]: Rampaging Banner
• Musician [6pts]

Iron Daemon [310pts]: Hellbound, Steam Cannonade, 3x Chaos Dwarf Crew, Hand Weapon

Warriors of Chaos - Allies [497pts]

Characters [245pts]

Exalted Sorcerer [245pts]: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Wizard Level 2, Daemonology, Mark of Chaos Undivided, General, Spell Familiar
• 1x Chaos Chariot [110pts]: 2x Chaos Steed, Hand Weapon, 2x Chaos Charioteer, Halberd, Hand Weapon, Mark of Chaos Undivided

Core [142pts]

Chaos Warhounds [30pts]:
• 5x Chaos Warhound [6pts]: Hand Weapon

Chaos Warhounds [30pts]:
• 5x Chaos Warhound [6pts]: Hand Weapon

Marauder Horsemen [82pts]:
• 5x Marauder Horsemen [14pts]: Warhorse, Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Throwing Axe, Flail
• Marauder Horsemaster [7pts]
• Musician [5pts]

Special [110pts]

Chaos Chariots [110pts]:
• 1x Chaos Chariot [110pts]: 2x Chaos Steed, Hand Weapon, 2x Chaos Charioteer, Halberd, Hand Weapon, Mark of Chaos Undivided

Here is what I don’t like about it:

• Infantry tax. A quarter of the army does not fit with the overall theme, especially the Infernal Guard really hurts.
  • The army does not feel like a Chaos Dwarf army. The General even is an Orc!
  • That a Daemonsmith cannot be mounted on an Iron Daemon. Makes me weep.

Here is what I do like about it:

• It just looks super fun!
  • 4 Heavy Chariots!
    • Black Orc Bigboss has T5 W6 AS2+ 6+ Ward 5+ Regeneration and hits at A4 S5 (re-roll 1s to wound) AP-2 on the charge!
    • Exalted Sorcerer has T5 W6 AS3+ and 360° vision for magic
  • Taur’ruk has T6 AS2+

But is it any good? Phew, idk, tough to say :sweat_smile: Not really? :upside_down_face: I’d say it could have its moments. I mean if there ever was an army that needed to get the charge, it’s this one. There are a lot of Impact Hits in this army, and who doesn’t like a good impact hit? The Warhounds and Marauder Horsemen would be critical for any success, they’d need to help control enemy movement. I’d also opt for the Chaos Signature Spell to decrease the movement of an enemy unit at a critical time. Also a conveyance spell to get the Black Orcs to the fight would help. For all its shock-troop capabilities, the army would surely struggle against tarpit armies or big bad monster characters. On the plus side, the game would be over quickly - one way or the other :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You need a magma cannon strapped to that iron daemon :steam_locomotive::guitar::fire:

1 Like

Hahaha, it would fit with the Mad Max theme. :sweat_smile: Imagine if we could exchange the Steam Cannonade with a Magma Cannon! :skull:

But for the actual list: No points for it sadly. Also the army wants to be in combat asap, that’s not a place for a war machine.

1 Like