[TOW] How many Bull Centaurs can we fit?

I am very much wanting to see a mass of Bull Centaurs on the table, but it doesn’t seem like we can fit too many. Seems like we need a Sorcerer-Prophet just to function but 3 units of Centaurs and 3 Tauruks is pretty cool thematically.

===
Bahal Stampede [2000 pts]
Warhammer: The Old World, Chaos Dwarfs

++ Characters [694 pts] ++

Bull Centaur Taur’ruk [228 pts]

• Darkforged Weapon
  • Heavy armour
  • Shield
  • General
  • Armour of Destiny

Bull Centaur Taur’ruk [233 pts]

• Darkforged Weapon
  • Heavy armour
  • Shield
  • Black Hammer of Hashut
  • Obsidian Vambraces

Bull Centaur Taur’ruk [233 pts]

• Darkforged Weapon
  • Heavy armour
  • Shield
  • Dragon Slaying Sword
  • Potion of Speed
  • Obsidian Vambraces

++ Core Units [540 pts] ++

10 Infernal Guard [181 pts]

• Fireglaives
  • Heavy armour
  • Blackshard Armour (0-1 per 1000 points)
  • Deathmask (champion) [Pistol]
  • Standard bearer
  • Musician

10 Infernal Guard [181 pts]

• Fireglaives
  • Heavy armour
  • Deathmask (champion) [Pistol]
  • Standard bearer
  • Musician

10 Infernal Guard [178 pts]

• Fireglaives
  • Heavy armour
  • Deathmask (champion)
  • Standard bearer
  • Musician

++ Special Units [766 pts] ++

4 Bull Centaur Renders [254 pts]

• Hand weapons
  • Light armour
  • Shield
  • Ba’hal
  • Standard bearer
  • Musician

4 Bull Centaur Renders [258 pts]

• Great weapons
  • Light armour
  • Ba’hal
  • Standard bearer
  • Musician

4 Bull Centaur Renders [254 pts]

• Hand weapons
  • Light armour
  • Shield
  • Ba’hal
  • Standard bearer
  • Musician

Created with “Old World Builder”

[https://old-world-builder.com]

Guess I could maintain the Bahal-yness with my Sorcerer-Prophet on Bale Taurus, who is gonna be old Shartor with Daemon Prince wings anyways.

4 Likes

Do Darkforged weapons work in conjunction with magic weapons? That’d be sick… :thinking:

1 Like

That’s a great question…I think Darkforged weapon is like a bonus to their weapon that makes the Chorfs get something unique for themselves. But being an Old World noob, I could be mistaken.

Ah yeah, just looked it up. No a darkforged weapon is a sort of special hand weapon, which is not technically a magic weapon, but has some special abilities. Its bonus cannot be passed on to any magic weapons the character may be equipped with.

4 Likes

Hmmm, well that will save a few points. Wish the bonus wasn’t random! That’s Chaos for us :hashut1:

1 Like

Except for flaming attacks, the bonuses are all universally useful. You roll at the start of the game, so you have time to find the right target for, e.g. multiple wounds.

Oh, and I checked out the IG load outs. A lot of fireglaives there :grimacing: Blackshard armor is also arguably not worth the investment, since it’s so situational.

I know this might be a meme list that won’t ever see table time (is it?), but it’d probably be worth it to have a large anvil of HW&S guys - the combination of shieldwall and stubborn is stupendous - and a couple of detachments. Maybe 8-10 blunderers with shields (so they can also act anvil - as long as 1 guy is left, they can make use of the aforementioned rules combo. And if you want, get a detachment of GW’s or fireglaives. The fireglaives are questionable at range - they won’t do much at a distance, and ok in h2h, the great weapons are just better, initiative -1 notwithstanding.

From what I’ve seen, people swear by Bull centaurs with great weapons. T5 w3 goes a long way, so having that extra oomph to smash what you want is welcome. Ashen banner can prolong their survival as well. Hellshard is always awesome as an “Hashut akbar!” moment (watch those overkill wounds roll in in a challenge)

2 Likes

Darkforged weapons at least work with the Ensorcelled Weapons special rule, which is kinda nice. At 10pts I find them a nice little weapon if you want to give a character a little push in combat without spending too much (and they don’t come out of “magic items” of course, which is potentially huge)

3 Likes

I got the -1ap roll on my Seneschal and the daemonic vessel buff off. Suddenly he was S5 A4 AP3 :flushed: Beastly

2 Likes

Why so many Taur’ruks? Get rid of one and you have room for another unit of Renders that could could squeeze into the last few points below 50% special.

1 Like

Unfortunately - yes! If you want that list to be legal, you need some other character to be your General, as Taur’ruks have Loner. Can be a cheap Hobgoblin Khan, though.

I’m trying to avoid Hobgoblins actually, just personal preference. For extra speed bumps I’d rather have Kdaai Fireborn.

I only was able to win the auction for a single unit of 3 Bull Centaurs (the Forgeworld ones) so they’ll have hand weapons and shields, and I’ll make the other converted unit of 6 with great weapons then.

I didn’t realize the shooty Infernal Guard could take shields as well as the guns? That’s pretty nice. Those are all gonna be converted Irondrakes, and if I have enough alternate weapon and shield arms I wouldn’t mind having half n half shooty and choppy.

1 Like