[TOW] Vs Ogre Kingdoms - Best Practices, Combos and Units?

My Regular main opponent will be Ogre Kingdoms.
I am very curious on what tactics, Units, Item combos everyone has or uses vs Ogre Kingdoms?

2 Likes

I fought ogres twice in the same tournament ([TOW] Tournament Report - #2 by Vacationist)

My opponent wasn’t the best tactically, but I can say that our lovely multiple wound d6 war machines are quite the blessing against ogres.

High armor save was also surprisingly clutch.

Mournfang are glass cannons but hit like trucks, pepper them with magic missiles and preferably a dreadquake to slow their advance.

2 Likes

Controlling the movement phase is key against Ogres. You need Hobgoblins, both on foot as screens as well as Wolf Riders as redirecters. Ogres also don’t have the best LD, so Deathshriekers and Hellcannons can be used to great effect against them.

You can find more in the Big Chaos Dwarfs Tactics Compendium:

1 Like

Hell cannons fuck yo ogres if their backed by a engineer

1 Like

Hellcannons are not war machines and therefore cannot benefit from an Engineer.

2 Likes

Also big prio targets for ogres are mournfang and gnoblar trappers remove their ability as well to block shooting and slow the renders wjth em. As well tyrants on stonehorns are very tough as well don’t send a sorcerer prophet in they will get dunked on if their armed with the tenderizer. In addition if possible try and get shots at the irongut/maneater unit with big artillery

1 Like