Volcano Names?

Okay so Azgorh supposedly blew up before anyone got to see it yet they still named the damn thing.

Yet there are Volcanoes supposedly all over the Darklands and I don’t recall seeing any names for the existing ones.

Is there any other named ones?

Anyone wanna have a crack at naming a couple?

Does anyone know how regular Dwarfs name mountains? Chaos Dwarfs would presumably follow a similar tradition. If they named these while exploring before their convergence with glorious Hashut they would’ve been normal dwarfs while naming them. (Ew)

Does Azgorh mean anything? or is it just a dwarven noise?

White Dwarf Presents: Chaos Dwarfs

Tamurkhan - Chapter 3

TamurkhanWheresazgorh

Tamurkhan - First Page of Campaign Section

Tamurkhanazgorhsearch

5 Likes

Erebus is a volcano in the Antarctic and the a Greek Primordial God of Darkness. and reminds me of ‘Erebor’ The Lonely Mountain from lord of the rings

1 Like

I vote we call V4 “Pimple of Bottomless Evil”

3 Likes

ooo I have no clue why I had not simply referred to real-world examples of volcanoes for inspiration.

In Iceland there is a volcano named Grímsvötn. Struck me as awfully wicked, and could be manipulated into something the Norscan’s or the Kul call one of the volcanoes.

1 Like

There’s also Eyjafjallajökull. :wink:

1 Like

Very sad, much anger

“Karag” is khazalid for volcano (source: dwarfs rulebook, 6th edition).

There are a couple of examples of volcanoes in the world edge mountains. They are called Karag-Orrud, Karag-Dron and Karrag-Hazad.

2 Likes

Just a quick one from me. There is a volcano in Eastern Turkey widely believed to have caused a collapse in ancient Sumeria via eruption-linked ecological disruption. It is called Nemrut, after Nimrod.

I think it’s a great name and suggest using it for fan work.

7 Likes

Stolen. Awesome.

2 Likes

Imagine a Nimrod being a latent thing of such cataclysmic power it can cause an apocalyptic event. Oh how time has done Nimrod a disservice

2 Likes

Fortunately not many archaeologists or historians believe Nimrod was real. Quite a lot of the OT is ahistorical, including Exodus. So there’s not really a grave for him to be turning in.

1 Like

Dude who taught my sister to play flute in the late 1990s was a lovely middle-eastern chap called Nimrod. He was real. Could be the same one?

2 Likes

Unmapped does not mean non-existent

Also ain’t you the new chap who was also passionately angry about dwarfs having legion of azgorh state line?

Who hurt you? (Gw?)

2 Likes

hope one of those plateau’s has dinosaurs on it Jules Vernes the lost world style!

2 Likes

I’m going to call it Black Mesa. Home of a chaos incursion caused by the experiments of Sorcerer Prophet Ghordan Frimaan.

2 Likes

GW hurt me for they fucked Chaos Dwarfs, tourist get killed

This user has been temporarily silenced for aggressive discourse. CDO does not allow this kind of interaction. See the rules section for more details.

5 Likes

Thank you, I’ve no interest in seeing this kind of social media toxicity drug into CDO.

4 Likes