Weights need help

Hi all. I wanted to have some advice for an earthshaker I recently bought. First of is weight. I saw there are 2 versions is that correct ? Is the one in white metal lighter ?.
Second I post a photo of a detail to ask if this is normal or a sign of recast.
In case here some photos.
Thx for your precious help. Best regards

2 Likes

You should assume every bare metal Chaos Dwarf is a recast at all times. The only question is the quality.
GW made one production run 30 years ago and it was extremely small. They only used one recipe of metal. None of the models, even those sealed in blister since then, are as clean as the white metal you’re showing below.
Almost all 90s chaos dwarfs that exist today are recasts.
It’s not worth worrying about. Only focus on the quality of the mini. And don’t pay any kind of premium for “legit”!

8 Likes

Thx for your reply. Considering your words how much could a poor recast like this be worth ? Point is also if a seller states it’s original.

2 Likes

Most of what you see online is recast, so, those prices are credible.
In general I would say around ÂŁ7-11/per mini is typical. So, go for the low end of that.
To be clear, a “poor” recast is one that will need work with greenstuff to fix, equivalent to a damaged metal mini. An unacceptable recast is one where the detail won’t show or will look bad under paint. This is very uncommon these days!

I’m pretty sure those mould lines are in the wrong places for originals.

1 Like

I just want to reiterate, I really think it doesnt matter. Every year the proportion of originals gets smaller and smaller because they aren’t ever increased in supply while new recast batches are cast to sell monthly, including to almost every ebay seller. Focus on the quality because you will NEVER know the true provenance and with quality on some as good as the originals, who cares?