Xander's Adepticon Blog 2024!

Hi everyone! I’m at the Convention Centre very early and people are still setting up.

I’ll be doing a picture blog for the next few days!

If there’s anything you think I should check out while I’m here, let me know!

10 Likes

Volunteering at the Golden Demon booth. Cleaning glass!

8 Likes

That crate is a little too reminiscent of the one in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

3 Likes

Yep! :sweat_smile::+1:

Free volunteer lunch!

6 Likes

Nice, greasy pizza so people can make their mark on that glass you just cleaned.

3 Likes

Just had the most amazing time buying bits and some amazing Oldhammer!

More pics tonight. But for now:

8 Likes

Ahhhhhhh the Hellcannons!!! Those aren’t bad prices either. I’m missing out!!!

4 Likes

But they don’t have crew! :face_exhaling:

More pics! Waiting to get my registration badge. So I’ve got some time to kill.

10 Likes

Some very nice stuff! Best of luck and have fun there!

I particularly like the humble crate. Neat touch.

That diorama with the Titan head and the giant crania is glorious.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Registration is underway! And I’m not the only Chaos Dwarf warlord today!

8 Likes

Did you hand him a flyer? :wink:

5 Likes

Serious question time - How do these events work anyway? I’ve never been to one and haven’t been to a sci-fi convention or comic con or anything like that either. Are they just a big convention that you show up to and walk around all day? I quite understand how it is people bring their models to show off. Do they have to spend money to reserve table space or pay to register with another group that lets them show off their stuff? It looks like there’s vendors at these events selling stuff… is that most of what goes on - just a commercial/consumer marker - or is there more to it?

I’m genuinely curious after seeing a few posts on CDO about people going to these kinds of events… I see there’s some kind of draw, but I really don’t know what could go on that would be appealing. I’m imagining for myself, even if it was free to go in, I’d wander through, look at a couple of things and wander right back out without interacting or talking to anyone like I do at the local craft shows.

What is it about these events that is motivating enough to travel to them and pay the high prices for hotels and registration? Am I missing something?
~N

2 Likes

More pics!

7 Likes

ooooooo i saw your post earlier on IG! this looks like one damn proper event!!

1 Like

Check out those sweet, sweet dice! Chessex won’t make 'em like that any more :wink:

~N

6 Likes

I love this whole thread, makes me feel a bit like I was there.

Second hand models for sale in-person (no postage!) and at reasonable prices are a gift.

The army looks so damn good, and with the CDO dice as well :fire:. I especially love the battle against the ogres, all looks so good on the same board.

4 Likes

There are many tournaments, each have their own organizers and schedules. But it’s also an open convention with tons of vendors and game demos and everything else!

I’ve signed up for two Old World events (Thursday and Friday), then on Saturday I’ll check it all the vendors and Golden Daemon.

It’s super fun to see painted armies of every faction you can think of and just roll some dice.

Adepticon is the biggest show in miniatures that there is. Definitely worth the travel. I met a guy who flew in from France!

More pics!

7 Likes

What’s the deal with his army? Combined Slaanesh Warriors and Chaos Dwarfs?

3 Likes

Team event. My Slaanesh warriors and his chaos dwarfs.

7 Likes