Xander's Mag 28 Challenge Entry - The Lesser Daemons of Mhorrigot

So here’s my entry for @28_mag’s #28magchallenge. I went with @the_convertorum’s #mhorrigot daemons. I made a small warband of the Lesser Daemons featuring a #heraldofmhorrigot, a #sicklekin, a sickle-kin on a #scythemare, a #shroudedstalker and a mortal follower of Mhorrigot.

Fairly pleased with these guys seeing as I only started working on them a week ago. Maybe I’ll do a greater daemon at some point. I’m particularly happy with the Scythemare Rider. I’d be stoked if these were selected for inclusion in the next issue of May 28.

My IG post about it:

8 Likes

Oh, they look really evil and dark! Superb! Kind of reminds me of the Nightstalkers from Mantic… Have you ever considered doing Chaos Dwarfs in this style?

1 Like

I honestly just made up the style on the fly. I’m not fully happy with it, but I thought it was reasonable enough. I’d love to go back and do some proper highlights, especially to faces and other points of focus. :slight_smile:
Thanks tjub!

1 Like

There’s so much awesome going on in those pictures. I’m not really sure how to direct my comment, other than that I love the style and everything you’ve done here.

The upright quadlegs hole in chest guy reminds me of the terror of accidentally walking into Ludwig the accursed’s lair in Bloodborne the first time with hundreds of thousands of blood echoes just waiting to be unrecoverable…

1 Like

Fantastic work! Love the colours you went with after, I’d like to think they make it to the mag, they certainly deserve to for me :+1:t2:
I think the scythemare would have to be my favourite

1 Like

Thanks dude! I’ve not played that game, but I really should! Very kind words.

Thanks GD, the Scythemare is my favourite too! :smiley:

2 Likes

Well worthy of the pages of 28

Awesome work!

1 Like

Kind of you to say. Many thanks. :smiley:

1 Like

I definitely recommend the game. I had to borrow a playstation and buy the game for my friend’s account to do it but it was worth it. There’s also a co-op miniature board game coming out that’s just itching for a paint scheme like yours here.

1 Like

Wow! Highly impressive work @Xander :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m hoping it’ll be playable somehow on PS5, as there are a few Sony-only games I am looking to play. :slight_smile:

Thanks Admiral!

1 Like