Zanko`s Army of the Lizard King

The dragon rider is great. Dragons are tough they can take the weight.

1 Like

I am not really satisfied with the Chaos Dwarven Dragon Riders. The dragons are just not massive enough. I’ll just have to put the riders I think are cool on something else… but what?

Wolves are too weak, I don’t like the GW boars.

Do you have an idea which mounts and from which manufacturer could fit?

IMO the dragons looks good, but I know the feeling when you are not 100% satisfied… What about GW Cold Ones?

3 Likes

Cold ones… I hadn’t even thought of them. I was just looking for Teple Dogs, Chaos Hounds etc., but Cold ones didn’t occur to me at all. Let’s see what I find there! Thanks a lot for the hint!

2 Likes

Nice dragon rider. That artwork is top notch! Great touch, Zanko. Kudos to the artist. :slight_smile:

Even though I am not really satisfied with the Dragon Riders, I have completed the next one. Let’s see if I leave it like this, or change it after all. No actionism!

… to be continued!

6 Likes

I think they look good! Fits the small Chaos Dwarf knights. :slight_smile:

1 Like

After a long time of painting and several changes the new Sorcerer-Lord is finally finished:

… to be continued!

8 Likes

Nice colours! A bold take on Chaos Dwarfs, and it works great. :slight_smile:

Love the Sorcerer-Lord, great idea and execution. The blue parts on the dragon make a great contrast.

1 Like

Now that I see the photos and have looked at them more often, I am no longer satisfied with the wings. I have just started to rework them again.

1 Like

It does sound like a very Chaos-Dwarfy thing, to look at a fully grown live dragon and say something like: „Your wings. They displease me. We shall have to make some… amendments.“ :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

That’s pretty much how it went down, the Scorcer Lord decided it. The overall picture is important… the power of pictures!

2 Likes

Loved the Dragon Lord, but I think it is the colours of the smaller ones that are not right some how

Maybe the bright colors of the little kites are also the reason why I didn’t really like the models as they are. I have to think about it and let the colors affect me again.

This whole army is outstanding - id love to face this on the tabletop. A real mix of venerable and newer minis but a totally old school chaos dwarf feel. Feels like they’ve marched straight out of the old realm of chaos books ready to take on any mortal foolish enough to face them. :metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

3 Likes

I’m glad you like my army. But at least half of the troops are still missing here on the new website. I have not yet got around to photograph and enter them, but this will happen in the near future!

1 Like

When I looked at it for a longer time I didn’t like the colours of the wings anymore and I painted over them again. What do you think?

=> Btw. more old units and models are added in the upper posts!

7 Likes

Prefer your v2. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed, an improvement. Well achieved!

And what a marvellous thread start to this showcase of the world’s largest painted Chaos Dwarf army. So neatly organized and filled with good stuff.

Looking forward to see what the next 12 years bring to your collection. :slight_smile:

1 Like