Zanko`s Army of the Lizard King

… and I haven’t even photographed all the units and models yet. There’s more coming!

2 Likes

The dragon rider is excellent.
I am looking forward to the troops.

1 Like

Love that Ultraforge miniature, great job on it, the mount really suits the Chaos Dwarf on top

Great job :+1:t2::vulcan_salute:t2:

1 Like

The best thing about the design of the Ultraforge dragon is that the dragon, which was originally designed for a high elf, also fits a Dawi Zharr without any problems!

3 Likes

These are my prototypes for the Chaos Dwarves Berseker, the Disciple of Lugar:

I just see that I forgot to paint the eyes. I’ll make up for it in a minute.

What do you think, does the color scheme fit? I’ve had so many problems making it look right.

4 Likes

I do love those old slayer models, are the other 2 GW too? They look great with the white beards, who’d have thought :grin:

Glad you like the painting of the models. :+1:

The other two slayers are from Harlequin Miniatures, now they belong to Black Tree Design (as far as I know).

1 Like

Now once more photos of my Heresy-DRAGON. I think the model is simply terrific, it just deserves to be shown again.

10 Likes

Awesome model and paint job :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Disciple of Lugar unit has been completed today, along with the regiment base. I like the unit with the color scheme quite well, I wouldn’t have thought at first.

I only have to add one more banner in the process. Since I had at the moment no good idea, I thought it would be better to wait for an inspiration!

… to be continued!

9 Likes

In the sacred words of Randy Savage ‘oooh yeah!’, those red eyes look great on them, hats off to you sir

2 Likes

Thanks mate!

1 Like

I used the quiet time at Whitsun and browsed a little in the net and ordered the latest Chaos Dwarfs from Ral Partha. They are not comparable with the models from GW or Clam, but they look quite chic.

Now I just have to find the motivation to paint, but the weather would rather “pull” me into the garden.

I love the old school “Palaquin of Nurgle” model. I found it after a long search on eBay and then it took me quite a long time to find a suitable Chaos Dwarf model which can be positioned well on the Palaquin. After I had the models together, it took me some time to find an adequate color scheme and to paint the whole model. I have to say, even if the photo distorts the colours, I really like it!

… to be continued!

7 Likes

Wonderful take on the Palanquin of Nurgle! Great varied colour palette and choice of Frurndar to stand atop it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words Matte!

Now three more warriors:

… to be continued!

6 Likes

Hi zanko. I like ur little dragon riders. What do you use them as? Did you convert the dwarves on top or buy them somewhere? I got all the ral patha cds i love them. What are these other 2 in your last post?

1 Like

Really nice impression achieved with the two armoured guys in the latest update, Chris! The scythe and spear is such a nice touch. The horned berzerker is also neat. Brutal.

1 Like

Nice that you like my models! Since I am not playing at the moment, I have no direct idea what I could use the model for. The Dragon Rider is, like the middle figure, is from @Clam - a member here at CDO. He has had a very special series modeled (Ewal Dvergar) for him. However, he does not offer the models (as far as I know) for sale anymore. The chaos dwarf on the left is from Old School Miniatures and only a little bit rebuilt (the scythe is new).

Now the last models for today:

Ewal Dvergar trooper:

A fireplace:

… to be continued!

7 Likes