ZODD's other blog

So I have painted nothing but chaos dwarves and few hobbos since April of last year. I have never painted so much…so fast. Loved it (still ongoing), I have the old cdo site for getting me started and the new discourse site really encouraging me to greater things and allowing me to interact with so many other man children that love nothing more that short evil bearded dwarves (beer aside and possibly the other half once a month (if you are married)).

I threw my toys out of the pram when 40k 2nd edition turned into 40k 3rd edition where everything in my eyes was ruined. I sold stupidly cheaply all my 40k stuff or gave it away and focused on fantasy. Never to go back…unless gw redid squats…

Sadly, joining the Facebook squat group and seeing a bunch of nice new models available in old school style has caused me to part with yet more precious money.

I just started painting a few of these guys but have found it a struggle. Chaos dwarfs are just my thing, everything else is hard work. I’ll post my progress soon in some daylight.

I have lost my hobbie space, my bedroom and my sanity due to leaking radiator pipes caused by shit plumbing and trying to paint models has been rough in various dark places. However I wanted to share my latest discovery- daylight lamp! Wow …never knew they existed. Here is my gym with no other light at all, pitch black outside.

I LOVE LAMP!

Had a bit of a snag though and the lead didn’t quite reach the socket and broke the model I was painting in 2…sniff… :angry:

At least I can now paint in the darkness with no other light. Probably old news to the pros here but some might not know.

Some meaningful progress to follow, I hope to follow up with random other stuff in between chaos dwarves.

11 Likes

What I’m hearing is, buy that lamp.

3 Likes

Get the lamp chitz. £25 on amazon. I will be able to paint in the dark now

2 Likes

17 Likes

These are glorious! Especially the exosuits!

2 Likes

Been working away at my (now becoming) chaos squats. Forgot to post them.

15 Likes

Wow, love those. Are they from Macrocosm Miniatures?

2 Likes

All the guys at the back and the beastman colonel at the front are macrocosm, cheers!

1 Like

A blast from the past to join my chaos squats!

Probably rushed it a bit but i have chaos dwarf plans…

16 Likes

This is such a cool project, if that’s a rushed paint job I’d be very happy with it indeed.

Great back up for the squats there

If squats are really coming out for 40k ill be overjoyed. Ill play for the 1st time since 2nd edition ended!!

13 Likes

The latest acquisition for my chaos squat force…

These guys are mord or less the same size as the gw chaos squats

Id love to paint them all random colours but i know i need to paint them…pink…

They look remarkably similar to my chaos dwarf blunderbusses… i did actually think of converting them myself but these are far better than id have done

8 Likes

What are they? Metal kitbashes maybe? They look great!

3 Likes

They are macrocosm chaos squats. He converted dark dwarf blunderbusses to sci fi. He is good as reinventing older stuff in his range as something else. He probably has the largest squat range available, worth a look.

They were on kick-starter but im sure they will be in his shop soon

2 Likes

Painted a few more chaos squats, thought id photograph them for fun

12 Likes

Great looking gang! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Very brilliant troupe, the old Sqauts are just ace! The ZOOD-typical colour scheme fits perfectly here too! :metal:

2 Likes

Painted the rest of my chaos squat marines and painted an A.I. i think squats invented these so they can reach stuff on the top shelves.
There is a statement somewhere saying androids were made by chaos squats. Its great i finally paint something out of the space crusade box.
The beastman Sargent looks pretty cool with his cigar.

I painted these guys up for the guy that owns macrocosm in exchange for some random fantasy models that he had sitting about.

Took me over 20hrs to paint them. I dont know how commission painters do it. Worked out as about £1.25 an hr lol.( He didnt send me the back packs and wanted the bases black).
I wont be quitting the day job!

10 Likes

Lovely! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Seeing all the squigs on tjubs and jaskos blogs must be rubbing off on me…
I do like squigs

12 Likes