28mm Brazen Bastards, A Community Sculpting Initiative [Antenor Strikes Back: Nov 23 2023]

Sorry, I thought that was the Pm. (Navigating in my phone)

No need to apologize mate hehe, just watching out for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somehow I totally missed this really great project during all of its existence. ^^"
First of all, complements to the work done here and the walrus especially!
After it now had some time, how is the project running? I see several people asked for the master dollies, did they receive them and are there already more results posted somewhere else? What is the expected time frame from having sent back some sculpts to part 6? No data yet, I assume, but what is the guess?

2 Likes

The dollies are out there, on my gdrive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A-ght4tIDyeuFAmjBNal8Ls6-kmJFG9a

Files should be scaled down to 45%

The project is still alive and in the process of being digitalized!

5 Likes

Alright, and what do we do if we have no printer? ^^

We have started this thread for folks in the community with printers. It’s definitely not comprehensive but feel free to DM myself and/or Michael with your general location/continent and we’ll try to link you up with someone close (with the expectation they’d need compensation for shipping and resin).

So far we have 2 or 3 folks with active dollies and no rush to those geniuses at work. As Michael said we are very much still moving this forward and trying to get the first round ready for test prints.

2 Likes

I like the “no rush” part about it. ^^

I also read there were rather many from Germany here, I just don‘t see anyone in the linked thread.

Thanks, kudos, (and maybe partial Darkfather points?) to @KhamdrimSkyMaster for printing me some dollies. Made a resin cast at home, and hope to fix up some scratch minis when I can.

6 Likes

A few more WIP pics

1. Concept: I wanted to make a female CD (partly inspired by the Wulfrik stories with the CD Haridans)

2. [9:36 PM]

however, having “females with their mouths sewn shut” is both a. hard to sculpt, and b. A bit… questionable… so, I devised a “cunning” option; a covered mouth.

1. [9:37 PM]

If AoS Cds have masks and coins for beards, why not a female CD with a chain veil?

Edit: Oh, and the maker lab near me MIGHT(?) have a 3d scanner? If so, I could potentially send in the scans, and keep the originals, yes? (which would be nice)

5 Likes

Unzi Al-Ashrar, “The Wicked”

–Written by the Dark Land’s foremost historian @chitzkoi

The Bastards Will Return…

2 Likes

I’m collecting images from this thread and other miscellaneous bastard conversations into an inspiration post at the top for anyone seeking their bastard soulmate. Top of the thread readers will also notice names have been updated in the ToC…

Could this be a sign of something to come? Or was I just bored and overfull of nonsensical puns…

Inspiration Post Link

2 Likes

@Reaver You can cross this one off the list although I admit I would find it hilarious if there are further attempts in honour of the fallen one.

In general, I’m happy to contribute anything I have done up until this point to the cause provided I have covered my personal needs. As far as I understand, the scanning process may require to prime the model for best results which is not ideal if you also want to create moulds.

2 Likes

For the most part yes. Priming has been showing the more reliable results so far, @MichaelX is the one true wizard here though. If you have other plans for mould making I certainly don’t want to deviate from your plans, considering multiple shipments would be needed to get the item back to you. Feel free to DM @MichaelX and myself if you want to talk scan logistics.

Lovely sculpt by the way!

2 Likes

Maybe this could make a good artisans competition one day? Maybe it takes too long to sculpt to do in a month or two…i have no idea

Maybe too many scared :scream: people like me…

3 Likes

Not required, juist gives best results. I can use chalk spray or scanning sprak too. buth are reversible.

2 Likes

Also, We can do it the other way around too, cast first, scan metal or resin model

3 Likes

wow… are you a telepath?

@Reaver and i have been talking about this all day haha

2 Likes

Intrestin’ Zodd. Intrestin intrestin. Verrrryy Intrestin…

That is step 8 of the insidious bastards plan
I guess we’ll just have to see when we get there. I would hope there would be plenty to take the leap, especially given the OSM contest turnout.

Edit: or maybe Michael just confirmed it. maybe? perhaps not? but mayhaps probably?

3 Likes

Yep, that was the plan. I will get back to you two when I feel ready – I might outsource some of the mould making / casting work in the future, so I don’t want to do empty promises here if something does not work out.

No, please, no upcoming Artisan’s sculpting contest, I was just getting ready to do something non-CD related! :cry:

@Zoddtheimmortal Na, don’t worry, I’m just exceptionally slow. Can be done in two months. :tongue:

3 Likes

Praise the efforts of @MichaelX in subverting original scan plans and hacking his own path to high quality scanning. Hashut and Walhut bestow their blessing upon him for the good of all here at CDO.

In tandem, we are excited to announce the first Bastards themed contest. Let us gather and offer more wonderful concepts to the cause. This first contest is for non-miniature concept art. I look forward to seeing what new ideas come out of this contest. In my mind, one of the most precious (and unique) aspects of this forum is the collaboration of ideas and inspiration, one of the reasons my first sculpt was based on @Loidrial 's art.

Stay tuned for a follow-on contest to challenge the wealth of miniature sculptors on this forum.

For now: enjoy the first revealed renders of the current band of Bastards.
Karpok of the Blubberborne

Porco Dio

Oss Crook-Finger

Unzi Al-Ashrar

Zhiekward of Cath-Arin

11 Likes