3D printed some new minis

Hi All,

I haven’t played Warhammer in years, but I saw these minis and fell in love with them and just had to print a bunch of them. They came out so amazing I had to share.

11 Likes

Havent seen these before, looking forward to seeing them painted!
Nice one

These just came out in June. It’s Artisan Guild, which I love their minis. The Patreon was $10 for the whole set. Now it’s $30 or so.

Let’s see if I can get the pic of the whole set.

There are some great modular rank and file minis. They are all pretty dynamic.

There are only 2 complaints I have. The first is the lack of armor on these guys. I’m sure someone somewhere is going to say something, especially on the Bull Centaurs. The second is they are naturally 32mm, which is pretty annoying when you are all 28mm. Seems lots of designers make them all 32mm. Hard to fit on a small 20mm base!

I did buy and print some other company awhile ago, but didn’t know they were 32mm. They are too big to rank up and will be used for my DnD games.

You also might be waiting a while for them to be painted. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those are gorgeous. Anyone with a bit of 3d printing experience know how easy these files are to scale down by 1/8th? @MichaelX you surely have the expertise to say?

Chitubox, hit scale and set to what ever height you like, it gives out a mm reading as you take % down or ya can just set it to a specific mm height

Fantastic, thanks @Deebo , I’m compiling notes lol

1 Like

As far as I’ve experimented you can scale down quite a lot. I’ve gone to 25% with larger models, 40% with normal infantry. I’ve gone 200% added without issues.

I use this file and other models I’ve already printed as a reference. For example to scale a dwarf I take a similar dwarf I printed earlier that has a similar pose.

2 Likes

There are just too many kind, helpful people on this forum. Thanks for the tip @MichaelX

2 Likes

This place is a very karma-esque place. You get what you give. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s just a refreshing change after the hellscape that is the rest of the Internet lol.

2 Likes

Tell me about it. I’ve fallen in love with this place

3 Likes

that’ll change when i force you all to teach me how to paint

2 Likes

Good luck. My painting looks like it was done by a 6 year old with adhd after 3 pints of beer.

2 Likes

It is SUPER easy to change the size, but the problem is REMEMBERING to actually change it!!! The main .STL file is set up at 32mm, so any time you want to go build up a plateful of minis, you drop in the original STL file. You just need to remember to change the ratio by 84%.

Best thing to do is to save the chitubox project when you are done resizing and supporting. That way it’s super easy to fix some supports after a first test print and also allows you to save the size for future printing. I just name the file something like CD_fireglaives_84%_8x.photon

@chitzkoi nah… well gladly help. :relieved:

3 Likes

Yeah, but you have to print exactly that job again.

Oh, all these are pre-supported. No one does non-supported anymore. Saves the hassle.

Nah mate, you can delete parts of it and add new ones. But only if you save the project. Not if you slice and save the sliced file. The project contains all stl files, positioning info, supports, settings… the whole shebang…

Also, pre supported is always hit and miss for me. Some work great… some are horrible. And resizing presupported models restricts the amount of resizing ALOT… like 50% or 200% is out of the question unless you are a maschochist :slight_smile:

1 Like

You could even open multiple .chitubox files and merge them into one.

I often get presupported patreons as a stl and chitubox project file. It’s great since you can add supports or remove them where needed.

1 Like

Haha we are alike, I do that as well in a diff format, I usually put e.g 85p at the start of file name

Oh I feel that on such a deep level lol :beer:

Knowing how to paint and forcing one to pick up a brush is 2 very different things I find … “ohhh I will just print this off then defs gonna paint, ohhh shiny I will def paint after playing with the shiny ect…” lol

3 Likes

Knowing how to paint and forcing one to pick up a brush is 2 very different things I find … “ohhh I will just print this off then defs gonna paint, ohhh shiny I will def paint after playing with the shiny ect…” lol

Yep. I have a BFA in Painting, but it took me a decade to actually want to paint my minis right.

2 Likes