Abecedar - Other stuff?

Just to start this with a painted Chronopia Swamp Goblin Leader.
(I didn’t know that until this morning after 13 years of no clue).
It’s part of a little between competitions push to clear the part painted back log.

11 Likes

Pretty cool model, never saw that model before. Will it be part of a forest goblin army? Or just slaves for the cds?

2 Likes

Is that a facehugger from allen in his face??? Allen v chorf confirmed!

4 Likes

I got him during the yeah I’ll make a big Night Goblin spider army phase, so he’ll probably just end up as a part of any slaves units I paint. I haven’t painted a tenth of my Night Goblins yet and none of the spiders at all.
I never had any clue as to what he was, so once painted, I posted him on the Old School Miniatures FB site and they immediately identified it for me.

Here’s the link to them. Swamp Goblins - Chronopia World

3 Likes

Don’t mess with them if they use Face huggers as Hats.

1 Like

Many many unsold Chronopia Swamp Goblin Mantis Guard are for sale on the market currently. Many more were made than were sold, which is part of why the makers Target Games went under.

Theyre easy to find for a reasonable price on eBay, circa 21 pounds for a box of seven including full command. They’re equipped with spears, although rarer, more expensive blisters of things like blowpipers and an insect-riding shaman and this fella were also sold.

They make great armoured Forest Goblins to mix in with a regiment and match nicely with others, with a particularly good champion with two swords.

2 Likes

Nicely done Sir. Always had a soft spot for Chronopia models. This is inspiration to get some of those in my collection painted up. Don’t have any of the swamp goblins, but great models. I like the colors on the Face Hugger hat. The finshed product looks very tribal.

2 Likes

Thanks everybody. I was really happy to finally get him painted.

Next up is a Monster from Fenris Games
https://fenrisgames.com/shop#!/FGCM06-Mistbeast-Tentacle/p/37362302/category=18901002

I’ve challenged my son to a “Paint a Monster a Month” and this is my first one
20210923 Fenris Tentacle 1a
20210923 Fenris Tentacle 1b
20210923 Fenris Tentacle 1c
20210923 Fenris Tentacle 1d
I think I’m going to win because he is being slack-arsed

8 Likes

That’s a lovely beastie, suitable for all the nasty creatures of the Australian walkabout

2 Likes

Thanks Buddy.

Something else on the final leg of being finished is these AQMF Civilians.
20210925 Civilians 1a

4 Likes

Somehow I’ve lost my previous posts about our local clubs " Monster of the Month" painting challenge. If I cannot find them I’ll have to re-post them. Anyway here is my Monster for April 2022. A Reaper Mammoth Centaur Lord.

2022-04 Mammoth 1b
2022-04 Mammoth 1c
2022-04 Mammoth 1d
2022-04 Mammoth 1e

8 Likes

It’s the end of May 2022 and time for May’s “Monster of the Month”

7 Likes

These monsters of the month are incredible! The ape is both hilarious and awesome. Great job on these!

1 Like

Thanks. It is just a little local challenge that gets me painting something different.

1 Like

My 2 latest Monsters of the Month. For June 2022 the Awesome and slightly bemused Thrud.

And for July 2022. A Ral Partha Grendel

7 Likes

Love thrudd. Ill have to get one oneday. That troll slayer is one hell of a scaredy cat!

2 Likes