Anycubic Mono X

Heroes…or nutters? Haha

Random thought, but for those here who have gotten into printing would you be willing to print stuff for other forum members and what rates would you charge? One of the great things about CDO has always be the friendliness of this little community.

Obviously those with printers can’t actively sell stuff they print for legal reasons, but it should be legal for people to provide them with files and for them to then print those out on their behalf.

1 Like

@Lord_of_Uzkulak id be happy to print for forum dudes for the odd thing. Non profit. Just cover resin and postage. When my new set up is finished I’ll be running the printer so much anyway. I couldn’t do tonnes as it couldn’t be at the detriment of my own super important projects :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Same, my printer either sits idle for weeks or is printing non stop for weeks.

Printing would not be a big problem, shipping might be though… can get pricey fast!

2 Likes

Yeah it sure can. Shipping overseas can be killer.

I’m in the UK. European shipping isn’t mad pricey. So easier to help out people a bit more “local” to me. I know “local” is relative haha. Not saying I couldn’t help people in North America or Australia just saying shipping costs probably would mean ittd be no cheaper than getting someone local who charges to print it.

2 Likes

Yeah I have found in the past getting things shipped from UK to Aus was pretty good, US to Aus shipping has always been painfully expensive and slower than a wet week but lately I have noticed UK shipping going up… up and up again.

I must admit @Lord_of_Uzkulak I am also a lazy git but when it comes to Chaos Dwarfs I go to great lengths (apart from painting). I think once that 1st Chaos Dwarf comes off that printer I am going to be hooked! I love @Oxymandias description of it being like a replicator and that is exactly how I have been viewing it and I have ALWAYS wanted a replicator.

Then again Lords are meant to have slaves to do this sort of work, a Lords place is to rule and a slaves place is to get their hands dirty for their lord so I can see your point :smiley:

3 Likes

i’ve said it before… we need a 3d painting machine! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We’ve got one

It’s called me :muscle:t3:

:cd1991gif:

1 Like

What I would not give for a 3D painting machine!

@Oxymandias Where do I buy one of you? I would pay alot of money and then thrash you for many years and that would just be to catch up with the models I already have, after that you would need to keep up work with the new printer lol :grin:

1 Like

Even if they made one i would not use it… i have to stop myself from stripping any used miniatures, even when painted to a great standard…

I like to paint, i just don’t get to paint enough :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I am having some troubles with the person in Sydney who has sold me this printer and wash station… they do not seem to understand English very well, typical Sydney… Anyways for the past 2 days I have been trying to find out from the seller what kind of solution do I put in this wash and cure station?
And what kind of resin should I be using for printing 28mm models?

Could one of you guys please shed some light on these two things for me?

Shed some light - on light reactive resin? Haha

Okay so resin - just make sure what you buy is UV reactive 405nm. Basically all resin printers on the market seem to use this stuff to be honest.

I don’t use a wash and cure machine so I’m not sure about that step. I use IPA and a UV nail polish curing light for mine

1 Like

Sweet I have been seeing numbers on some of the bottles, I will make sure to get that one cheers. :beer:

Now I just need to find out what to put in this wash and cure station thingy, it looks like this… I am hoping it comes with instructions but I will not hold my breath…

1 Like

Its usually not a specific wavelength but a range, like 395-415nm. The number on the bottle is just the best wavelength for the best/fastest curing. I believe 405nm is like 95% of the commercially available stuff.

If you aren’t against buying from china i can send a link from aliexpress where 1l of resin is 30 euro. Thats pretty cheap and they ship fast. about 1 week to belgium/EU.

As to what you put in the wash station. Ideally IPA. That’s 99% alcohol. If thats not available or cheap, I’ve seen people use simple green (whatever it is, don’t know it) and denatured alcohol. But be careful not to damage the wash station. I do recommend ipa, works great. Just keep it out of sun/uv light as the resin that gets mixed in the ipa will cloth and cure in the ipa. It gets stuck on every surface and can be a pain in the @$$ to clean out. I keep my rinse jar(its a tupperware pickle pot with a neat little removable grid for taking out pickles, or… you know… resin models) in a dark cupboard for that reason.

1 Like

Is that IPA as in Isopropyl Alcohol?

1 Like

Yes that’s correct. Not Indian Pale Ale! (Although grab a bottle of that too - it’s very nice)

1 Like

Tasty IPAs are for washing and curing the soul after a long day in the forges :beers:

2 Likes

Just picked these two bad boys up from the post office :shock:

8 Likes

Have fun!!

2 Likes

That is exciting! :grin:

2 Likes