[Archive] [04-14-2008] Chaos Dwarves from France

tirli_pinpon:

Hello guys,

First of all, please excuse my english ! I’m not practising enough so sometimes my words could sound strange…

It’s been quite a long time I’m watching this forum, now it’s time for me to show you my work on the fantastics chaos dwarves minis. I’ve got 3 monthes to paint  3500 pts of CD for a tournament, so I’ve decided to paint “fast but nice” using more brushing than blending. :wink:

First, the blunderbusses, two unit of 15 :

The earthshaker :

And the hobgoblins (just a little converted, I haven’t got enough time :wink: )

You see that I wanted not to paint chaos dwarf in the same tones as usual ( red and black, magma scene…) so  I tried to make them dark but original in a realistic color scheme.

I hope you’ll like :wink:

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

torn:

welcome to the site :slight_smile:

the painting is nice. i like the different from usual colours, especially the skin. the verdigris on the metal is really good too.

i cant wait to see more pictures!

zagor66:

great vintage army!

Canix:

They look GREAT ,love the skin colour the verdigris looks good if a bit abundant and the hobbo/gobbos look really good with their cohesive colour scheme .Very novel worth a slave or two:hat

Thats a very ambitous project good luck

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Boy I love this look! Hope you don’t get bored after the first 2900 points :wink:

How do you paint the verdigris, paint it on first and brush over it with metal or paint it on in the end?

clam:

Also a BIG welcome - from me too!

WOW! Awesome work :hat off - they look so nice - I love the colours - and I’m happy to see, that another classic Big Hat found it’s way to CDO.

Hope we will see a lot more of this army :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

welcome to the site .i love your paint job those colors will go good with my army.

Xander:

Looking Sweet!

Knight Of Awsome:

Nice start:cheers

As an idea i think that there could be red on little parts of the the model and other parts of the model.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Very nice. Welcome to the realm of posters :smiley: I like the copper-y effect and muted tones. Realism is sometimes necessary (I seem to be saying that a lot recently), but if done well (as you have) it works excellently. Keep up the good work, keep posting pics and good luck on getting them all done in time. P.S. If that’s your QUICK painting, I can’t bear to see how good the quality painting is!

Vexxus:

This army promises to be a refreshing retreat from the standard Black/Red. Everything from the skin tones to the bubbling ooze has been thought and is very well co-ordinated. All in all I am very impressed, which is amazing considering how much talent is already on these forums, so Kudos to you!

Keep up the good work, I can hardly wait to see more!

We have a small collection of metal big hat CD’s which we don’t plan on using, so I may try my hand at something along these lines, or perhaps something wild! Good fun.

Narflung:

Wow, great look.

How did you do the skin and beards? I just started painting my blunderbussers in the traditional manner, but I’m loving the effects you have managed.

Welcome to the site!

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

welcome to the site, army looks good but less verdigis on the armour, liking the hobbos though and the green bubbles on the base

your english is fine…better than some on other forums…and thier first language is english

minty:

wow, excelent dawi zharr, must say i love them

clasic models too:)

Lord Archaon:

Great job!:cheers
Don’t worry about your english . Our members are from all around the world and not all of them can speak english properly (including me :)).
Your night goblins/hobgoblins are the best ones i had ever seen!
How do you make your green lava bases?
Cheers!:hat off

Groovy cheetah:

wow great job i just want to now how u got the hobgoblin skin that is worth a couple of slaves

Repone:

Salut!

J’aime beaucoup tes figs. Le schema est simple mais efficace.

Au fait, je fais le meme truc pour les gob BFSP : lame de hache pour remplacer la lance.

Enfin, je sais pas si tu sais sur Warmania y’a une section NdC, n’hésite pas à y faire un saut :wink:

Please only speak in English or place an English translation. Just a warning as Archaon has provided aforementioned translation. further non-English posts will be deleted. thank you ~ Hashut’s Blessing

Lord Archaon:

For those who don’t understand French (like me:)):

Posted by Repone - Today 22:03
Salut!
J’aime beaucoup tes figs. Le schema est simple mais efficace.
Au fait, je fais le meme truc pour les gob BFSP : lame de hache pour remplacer la lance.

Enfin, je sais pas si tu sais sur Warmania y’a une section NdC, n’hésite pas à y faire un saut Wink
is
Greeting!
I like your miniatures very much. The theme is simple but effective.
In fact, I think the “meme truc pour” for goblins BFSP: blade of axe to replace the spear.

Finally, do You know that Warmania has a section NdC in it, do not hesitate to make a jump there
I used the online translator. Is it correct? What is “meme truc pour”.
:hat off

AGPO:

I’m guessing it means conversion. Anyway welcome to the forum, you’ve done a really nice job so far! I love the unconventional look to your models. I may try that scheme at some point for a unit of dwarf mercenaries

tirli_pinpon:

Hello guys !

First, thank you so much for your comments and encouragements. I’m very glade you like my original theme. :slight_smile:

And thank you for the slaves, I will sacrifice them in the name of Hashut-da Vinci ( a great CD painter :wink: ).

How do you paint the verdigris, paint it on first and brush over it with metal or paint it on in the end?
I paint it on the end. First a dry brush of Tin bitz, asecond dry-brush of tin bitz and boltgun. The a wash of catachan green and then I paint a mix of catchan + jade green + white ( 40-40-20 % ). I’ve got a step by step but it’s in french for the moment :wink:
How did you do the skin and beards?
Note that the skin is done the same way for the hobbos and the dwarves ( or dwarve ? )

First I undercoat in black.

The skin is made with a base of liche purple and dwarf flesh ( about 50-50 ) , then highlighted with a mix of liche purple + dwarf flesh + white ( 20-40-40 ) and a the final one with just dwarf flesh + white.

The beards are easy, first kommando khaki, then bleached bone, then bleached bone + white.
How do you make your green lava bases?
Very simple, first I put a little ball of miliput ( a sculpting paste, you also can use greenstuff of course ) on the base. when it’s dry I put some white glue on, let it dry, and paint it with catachan green, then with catachan green and camo green, then camo alone, and to finish, a wash of catachan green.
sur Warmania y’a une section NdC, n’hésite pas à y faire un sautWarmania has a section NdC in it, do not hesitate to make a jump there
Je passerai y faire un tour :wink: I will have a look :wink:
I used the online translator. Is it correct? What is “je fais le même truc pour”.
I think you can translate it with :

“I do the same stuff for”

The rest is good :slight_smile:

This last days I’ve worked on the hobbos, but also on marker for the units “shaked”… pictures tonight :wink: