[Archive] [04-14-2008] Chaos Dwarves from France

The Raven:

Very nice! Refresshingly different color scheme and original big hats, wich end high in my book:)

hope to see others soon:hat off

turquois dwarf:

i realy like the green slime

if thats you painting quickly the models you spend ages on must be absolutely brilliant!!!

tirli_pinpon:

Hello guys,

Those last days I haven’t much time, but I 've done my markers for the earthshaker canon.

While I was painting them, I told me " Why are you doing that, you’ve got 3000 pts to paint… it’s not important… paint the Hobbos ! "

I must be silly :slight_smile:

ashur:

J’adore les barbes !!    I love the beards !!

Tres jolie travail.        Very nice work.

Accepte quelques esclaves. Accept a few slaves.

Ton nom me rappel des souvenirs.:hat off

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Whoa, so many markers! Do you plan to have 3 earthshakers in the end? :o

Kera foehunter:

those look great !!the green slimebaces yea!!!

torn:

you should have entered those into the artisans contest!

Hashut’s Blessing:

VERY nice. I like the use of signs. The disturbed ground effect is also cool and the green goo? Brilliant! How did you make and paint it all? (Mayhaps you should have painted the hobbos, but these needed doing sometime and you gotta get into a good mood first :smiley: )

Knight Of Awsome:

I Love the paint job that you did on them, like Hashut’s Blessing why couldn’t you get them done faster…wel you would have had to make many more different markers when you already have 3000pts to paint:)(your second nagging voice). ah the joy of panting gobbos:h(sarcastic remark). I bet you cant wait to see the markers being used…as i cant wait to see the earthshaker:cheers

tirli_pinpon:

Hello guys, it’s been quite a long time ! But I’ve got two very good excuses :

- a trip to Barcelonna :cheers

- my wife baught Mario’s Kart…

But I’m back with new stuff, no painting for the moment ( just undercoating, that’s not very interesting), but some things that might interest you.

First, I think that hobbos with armour and shield are more “tactical”, a bit expensive, but more usefull. But I tought it was to hard to sculpt an armour, unitl a friend of mine told me :

" It could be fun to see hobbos using helmets as light armour, don’t you think ?"

It take me an evening to convert, thanks to the job of Xander ( how to cut the head) and Snotling ( the shape of the helmet).

And the second unit, with a standart more in the CD spirit :wink:

After that I’ve decided to convert one off my two sorceror-heroes to make them look different.

Because I use to play the lore of fire ( burn, burn, yes you gonna burn !! ) I tried to represent him casting a spell.

First step :

Second step, adding tiny balls of miliput to give some volume to the fire

I cut the hand with the sceptre, and add a zombie hand.

And I mixed the both ! I Hope that it works for you :wink:

The Stucka, thanks a lot to snotling, I’ve wanted them to be industrial ( CD touch) and archaic ( hobbo’s touch :wink: )

And before re-undercoating, the first minis I’ve painted…

Have a nice day guys !

Steven:

Wow excellent work! Those are all amazing! The color scheme on the CDs is something I never would have thought to use, but I have to say it looks great! Very original and unique. Great job! I can hardly wait to see more.

Kera foehunter:

GREAT WORK Tirli i love the helmets on the hobbos and the bolt thowers

Repone:

Great stuff!

French chaos dwarfs rulez!!!

AGPO:

Great work, don’t suppose you would like to do a tutorial on how to make those bolt throwers?

tirli_pinpon:

Thank you so much for your nice comments and your support !

And today I’ve got a good new, my first unit of hobbos is done!! And they’re wearing armour, that mean that the unit cost 20 more points, so 20 pts less to paint ! :smiley:

And some guys I’m proud of :wink:

And for Kera who loves the green slimebaces :wink:

And because you’re very nice and give a lot of coments, just for the CDO forum ( I’m posting on an other french forum too) I give you the WIP of the Great Taurus :

A close up on the base, the gouhle will represent a burned body to remind me the flame attack of the taurus !

French chaos dwarfs rulez!!!

I think you’re not objective :wink:

Have a nice day guys :wink:

Canix:

Very nice hobbos i like the symbol on the standard and the helmets are cool ,they and the BTs are very Snotling inspired i guess:hat

Willmark:

This army promises to be a refreshing retreat from the standard Black/Red.

Vexxus
Hey what wrong with that? (glares menancingly in Vex's direction)...

furrie:

black/red looks evil and stuff, it just gets a little bit boring to see so many red/black army’s

Willmark:

That was called sarcasm the furrie :wink:

Fridericus_Rex:

So nice!

How you paint this skin and those beards? And also please tell me how you’ve panited this metal.