[Archive] [05-10-2008] KOA Raiders of the old world (pic heavy)

Knight Of Awsome:

Some of you my have been waiting for me to make some modles, so heres a starter:cheers:

C&C are most welcome!

Willmark:

Wait I’ve seen the standard bearer somewhere before… :wink:

Great job on your start to your army. I like pretty much everything. Bases look good too. My only criticism is the dwarf iconography like on the shields for intance. There shouldn’t be any traces of our treacherous kin…

GRNDL:

Love the faces! They’ve got serious noses and mean serious business! Exactly as I imagine CD’s to look - grumpy, angry and meaning to hammer something. :slight_smile:

torn:

yeah i llike the faces too, and the earthy colour scheme is something i havent seen on a chaos dwarf before.

have you thought about doing weapon swaps for more chaotic weapons?

ashur:

That standart is great. Il would definatly vote for him. Actually I did it.

Knight Of Awsome:

Well i got 2 more guys painted,I’m planing on making a center piece leader on foot.

@Willmark: well i thought that i could have one normal shield for the leader…

@GRNDL:lol ,thanks i use a full package of green stuff on my champion nose…JK!

@torn: I could just green stuff more chaotic icons onto the weapons, $1CAx20+ shipping and handling is not a price I’m willing to pay…for now!

@ashur: thanks dude

Kera foehunter:

nice i like the grass it looks great .i also like the reds and leather

Khan!:

I like the conversions, the noses are great! If I could make one criticism however, I would suggest that you try painting your flesh tone over a layer of brown (like Bestial or similar) instead of straight onto the black primer. Some parts of your faces and hands seem a bit thin, and a brown underlayer would prevent the black from showing through the fleshtone. Just a small thing really. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

clam:

I love the faces incl the noses as well. A very great start. Keep us posted - please!

Knight Of Awsome:

Update!

I have 3 more CD warrors painted:

For the big guns, I have a lord of hashut:

Partly built…:o:

Kera foehunter:

Wow you guys with your drawing .All i can do is stick people. Can’t wait to see him when your done KOA

Knight Of Awsome:

Update!

Well hes really starting to look like something, but i think im only 65% done…:~(with most of his parts):

Close up with just him(front(sorry for the blurry close up…)):

(back):

Kera foehunter:

Hey!!! put some pance on that poor guy KOA or more ammor

he looks good from the waist up *Kera blushes

minty:

hey, nice dwarf mate, l can’t wait to see the sculpt finished

Knight Of Awsome:

Update!

My other picures were too big so im going to resize all of my new ones!

ok, hes pretty much completed:

(back):

(Hammer):

Enjoy:cheers

Hashut’s Blessing:

See my comments in the other thread for the Lord. I’m loving the colour scheme and the use of concept at and the inclusion of WIP stage-shots.

Vexxus:

Wait I've seen the standard bearer somewhere before... ;)

Great job on your start to your army. I like pretty much everything. Bases look good too. My only criticism is the dwarf iconography like on the shields for intance. There shouldn't be any traces of our treacherous kin...

Willmark
Well that depends on your lore really Willmark, since his army could have just turned, and relics from the old world might still remain. Alternatively, perhaps their evil ways have them taunting the Dwarfs by using their captives armours! haha

That being said, I agree with the heavy hand of Willmark in this case, but if you don't bud, FLUFF it off ... haha pun... delicious

Knight Of Awsome:

Update!

Ok, i started on making some bull centaurs:cheers! the clay that i used was called sculpey (Cheaper and you get 1g more), and works really well. I’m going to be making for more (total of five) bull centaurs. I’m also going to come out with a new look for my dwarfs, much better sculpted than my old CDs (they look a lot like snotlings).

C&C are welcome!

Kera foehunter:

yea i use skully clay too becareful not to burn it !!! cool bullcentaurs too

Knight Of Awsome:

Update!

yea i use skully clay too becareful not to burn it !!! cool bullcentaurs too

Kera foehunter
Wow really, thanks for the heads up!

My bullcentaur has a nose!!(yay)

here are two of my new chaos dwarfs, Sorry for some of the blurryness…there wasn’t a lot of light.