[Archive] [07-04-2008] Vexxus' Work In Progress Report

Vexxus:

This post will be used to keep the CDO community updated as to my workings, wonderings, and progress concerning my personal contributions to Xander’s and Vexxus’ Chaos Dwarf Army. This post will not contain the finished products, simply a list of things I am working towards for the army, the finished product and photos will be found in the post linked above!

WARNING: If you read any further, be prepared to be very patient, as things progress rather slowly and I may or may not dump a lot of WIP projects in here that will be so cool they will blow your mind (lol) and you won’t want to wait… but you will have to!!

[align=center]

Vexxus’ Current Project Report:

(in no particular order)[/align]

Unit:
“Invert” Hobgoblin Unit of 20 Models

Status: These brilliantly converted hobgoblins as seen here, are converted, primed, and ready to go. 5 Models have been fully painted, as you can see in the link above (the inverts are the ones guarding the flag). These models take a surprisingly long time to paint, but it’ll get there…eventually.

Unit: 12 Black Orcs, each converted to be unique!

Status: All models converted, still need prime and paint. The big boss of the unit is a real treat, I can hardly wait to paint him (but will force myself to paint him last such that my skills/practice is greatest).

Unit: Earthshaker succombing to daemonic influence!

Status: Converted as seen here. Also Now Primed. Love the way this model is turning out, can’t wait to get painting it, check out the link above to see for yourself! One thing slowing my motivation down for this model is my inability to get my “metals” to have the same looking quality as the rest of my painting. If you wish to help me out in this regard with advice, click here.

Thank you to everyone who has already helped me with advice, I am testing out methods on everything I paint, and once I get to a place I am satisfied with I will move to the Earthshaker (or before that if I get impatient haha).

Unit: Gaoler for GH VI Competition.

Status: Complete! Converted with some crazy bits and green stuff. Looks totally bad ass and I cannot wait to show you guys… but sadly I must!

Unit: Fire Sorcerer – To be usable for both Mordheim band as well as Warhammer CD Army.

Status: COMPLETE! This mage is easily one of my favorite models in both design, and painting, of all time. The fire mage himself was a nifty convert by Xander, I added a bad ass base for a larger than life presence, and pulled off a nice paint job that fits Xander’s vision of our CD army, yet has a few new features. Sadly, this model is a very similar style to my Gaoler (since they are both part of the same Mordheim band (in addition to the model being a spectacular Fire Mage for Warhammer CD’s). Since it is so similar, I have to wait to show it off until after the winner of the GH VI is announced :frowning: Believe me no one is more anxious than I !

Unit: Slave Brutes (Counts As Orc Unit) – Slaves on 25mm bases from various Warhammer races.

Status: 18 fully converted! Using Orcs, Breastman, Marauders, Flagellants, and even a HeroQuest Fimir, we have modeled some slaves. To unify the otherwise random unit, all the models hold an axe in their right hand, and will hold a shield in their left. Ragged cloth clothes and chains with also be a theme, as well as the models showing skin. WIP shot of this coming soon. :slight_smile:

Hopefully you agree, there are a lot of things to look forward to, unfortunately forward = waiting and waiting = sux. With Xander moving, it will be harder to stay motivated, but you guys can prod me along on this post :wink: Progress will be slow, but I will go ahead and promise there will be progress none-the-less.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Willmark:

Well isn’t this the intriguing little blog, it merits watching for further developments.

Vexxus:

Well isn't this the intriguing little blog, it merits watching for further developments.

Willmark
Thanks Will, I will hopefully keep this quite current, even the slightest action will ideally be reported haha :)

Kera foehunter:

Don’t worrie We will keep you going Vexxus.* Kera cracks the wip* NOW BACK TO WORK!!!

Vexxus

P.s. great job

Vexxus:

Unfortunately not much was done this week on my part! I have a good start on a 2 handed axeman CD painting, in the same theme as the sorcerer and Gaoler, for the “mordheim band/wh fantasy” combo guys.

Xander painted a full rank of the “invert hobgoblin unit” which is sweet, but I digress… :wink:

Anyways, next week I hope to finish the CD I started, and fully complete (start to finish) the CD with blunderbuss for the team. Here is hoping next week is more productive!

My mind is constantly chugging on ideas for the prison wagon, but I haven’t settled on anything yet. Toying with bits took a lot of time up this week so hopefully next week I can be more focused!

Thanks all for now,

Cheers

Vex

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, no more toying, more painting :smiley: Get pics up ASAP and well done for getting some done :wink:

Vexxus:

Well, no more toying, more painting :D Get pics up ASAP and well done for getting some done ;)

Hashut's Blessing
That's why this post is the most evil, any work I do on Mordheim (combo) figures, will not be shown until after the GH6 results!! Believe me I want to, but iron will prevails :) I feel like I genuinely have a chance to win this one, and want to take every precaution haha, even if I don't win, building the anticipation is done, and it'd be cool to have a Mordheim band all 'released' at the same time. I am really enjoying making them because despite not really PLAYING either game, the idea that they can easily be used for both games appeals to me greatly!

Cheers

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, good lad for restraining yourself. Anticipation can be a good thing. Plus, seeing them all at once will be cooler than one at a time anyway :wink: You can always do individual shots after and it won;t ruin the initial “WOW! A WHOLE WARBAND!” effect…

Xander:

Unit: Slave Brutes (Counts As Orc Unit) – Slaves on 25mm bases from various Warhammer races.

Status: 18 fully converted! Using Orcs, Breastman, Marauders, Flagellants, and even a HeroQuest Fimir, we have modeled some slaves. To unify the otherwise random unit, all the models hold an axe in their right hand, and will hold a shield in their left. Ragged cloth clothes and chains with also be a theme, as well as the models showing skin. WIP shot of this coming soon. :slight_smile:

:smiley:

Kera foehunter:

well a invasion is when you see the troops!!! not here about them. he he

Snotling:

Unit: Slave Brutes (Counts As Orc Unit) -- Slaves on 25mm bases from various Warhammer races.

Xander
mmmh, sounds pretty cool... but my Hashut-Bullmen would kick their asses... if i ever build them... or at least draw them.... okay, you win :cheers

Vexxus:

Been really busy with the dreaded social life of late, but finally got around to another update!

With the deadline for the GH6 rapidly approaching, I have been spurred into action to get my Mordheim Warband filled out, and have thus far now completed (in this order) the Gaoler, Sorcerer/Mage, Chaos Dwarf w/ 2h Axe, and most recently an Informer, which is actually a Beatman model, with the horns flipped up similar to a bull, the axe he came with as well as a two bladed converted weapon I created, which I guess will just be a dagger as far as rules go.

I know it doesn’t seem like much, but since there are only half a dozen to a dozen models in a Mordheim Band, I really wanted to take my time with each, and I am hoping that when I can finally release the photos, you will agree that the time taken was worthwhile :slight_smile:

My goal for the next week (by the GH6 deadline – or at least before the results), is to paint a Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusser and a bull centaur (both Xander converts) to round out my warband! I have some base coats down for each, but a lot of hours left to get them done, it will be a challenge!

A personal thanks to Kera for prodding me via Private Message to keep motivated, thank you!

Vex

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well done for getting most of your Mordheim band done. I can’t wait to see them all. I also can;t wait to see your slave unit, nor the rest of your stuff for that matter :stuck_out_tongue:

Vexxus:

Well done for getting most of your Mordheim band done. I can't wait to see them all. I also can;t wait to see your slave unit, nor the rest of your stuff for that matter :P

Hashut's Blessing
Thanks HB, I am really excited to get the pics up, i has been a very long and hard wait, but I am gonna keep working hard, and the reward will be sweet, as I will be able to reveal them in just a couple weeks now! (after GH6 winner chosen... haha yes I am optimistic) lol

Did not get anything done tonight because it was (another) brother's birthday! Hoping to finish the blunderbusser tomorrow!

Kera foehunter:

well great job can, wait to dee the painted blunderbusser

Hashut’s Blessing:

Drinking is a good excuse to not paint :smiley: Still, I do both :smiley: Glad it won’t be long now…

Vexxus:

Finally, a semi-productive week!

With the deadline for the GH6, and the voting pending, I was spurred into action to complete my 6 man Mordheim warband, and was actively painting them this week.

I completed the bull centaur, took photos, and then did a repaint on his ‘bib’ rethinking my vast use of metal, changing it over to additional use of red, which is also vast on this model, haha!

After the repaint, I added the flesh and first hightlight coats to the blunderbusser, who I would say is now half way completed. Having a bit of trouble getting the detail to show in the paint job, which is a real shame because Xander did an excellent job with this conversion. I am hoping the metal area hightlights will help in this regard, and remain optimistic!

Thats it for now, any suggestions on what (from the list above) you would like to see painted next?

Willmark:

Lets see the ES finished if you have not already done so.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Get the band finished and post them!

Vexxus:

Lets see the ES finished if you have not already done so.

Willmark
ES?

YES HB, it will be presented after voting closes. The whoel band is similar to my Gaoler entry, so I have had to keep them all secret until the final votes are in... it has been hard, I probably want to show them off more than you want to see them! haha