[Archive] 07-29-2017 Uthers Legions of Hashut

Uther the unhinged:

I think my figures are like impressionist paintings really… not so good in close up…better from a distance…in poor light… squinting.

Oh well in for a penny…

Every good dawi zharr army needs artillery so heres my Iron daemon

and its’ skullcracker sibling driven by the unstoppable Khaseii Jhowns

The mobile magma cannon

Well its getting late now

I’ll post some more tomorrow

Carcearion:

They look really cool! What are they from?

Things like this always may me wish we had a good Iron Daemon equivlent in Kings of War.

Admiral:

Scratchbuild extravaganza. Well done! I like the Iron Daemon and Skullcracker a lot, not least the wrecking ball. The tracks on the Magma Cannon do break the fantasy imagery of steam machinery, however. It would look much better with wheels of some sort, or even Daemonic legs. Anyway, very good job!

tjub:

Original! Are orks the base for all conversions?

Too bad about that Lego collection though… :stuck_out_tongue:

Jackswift:

Nice job on these conversions. The iron daemon stands out. Really well thought out. Also looking forward to the Dawileks. Cheers

Helblindi:

Looks good! I especially like the limousine vibe on your Iron Daemon, but it hurts my brain that the front and back wheels will always turn in opposite direction :o

HPN:

Looks good! I especially like the limousine vibe on your Iron Daemon, but it hurts my brain that the front and back wheels will always turn in opposite direction :o

Helblindi
"Trust me, i'm an engineer!"

Very nice conversions anyway!

Abecedar:

Absolutely love home made stuff.  Great Efforts

I will have to raid my sons Lego for some ideas,
I couldn’t use any of mine (that he inherited) as it is so old that a rounded piece was considered radical.

Uther the unhinged:

Thanks Guys

Carcearion: Well the back half of the iron Daemon is some 40k half track thing and the front bumper from some other 40k ork thing (big bits box from ebay). The main body is the metal canister from an asthma inhaler, the funnel a calpol syringe and the wheels mostly lego (Tjub do not worry all lego bits donated by my kids… no collections were harmed in the making of these models). The front guns are 40k ork burnas/lootas stuff. the spikes are cocktail sticks.

The skull craker mostly a broken (honest ) Thomas the tank engine toy. The front some 40k ork bits some lego cogs and some unidentified broken plastic toy bits.

The Graet Taurus: body of multiple kinder eggs (all praise to Bolg creator of the kinder cannon …my Dawi Zharr and kids thank you… for different reasons). The head green stuff. the wings ice-cream tub plastic green stuff and shields, the rocket engines at the back Horse Wormer syringe tops (waste not want not) The legs not sure 40k maybe or bits of broken transformer toy can’t remember.

Tjub: Yeah all dawi Zharr in this legion were 40k orks. Bought a load cheap off ebay years ago for my daughter who announced she wanted them as allies for her Druchii. Got real lucky (Oh WHFB orcs were expensive at the time and 40k just need gun removal and shield addition). Gutted the day after they arrived to hear her say she only wanted boar riders. Hey ho . They found a new and better life.

Admiral: Yeah I know I know but there is only so many lego cogs that the kids could spare. I was in a hurry… what can I say… mea culpa.

Helbindi/HPN? Err yes I had realized… but … well there are several possible ways of thinking about this …

1 THE TRUE TRUTH: Iron Daemons are in fact constructs of iron and Daemon. The latter are creatures of pure magic, their very existence bends and warps the laws of nature and physics. What we actually see is merely how our mortal brains try the explain the unexplainable and not what is actually their giving rise to such visual anomalies as you have spotted.

2 THE TRUTH: The back wheels are not actually drive wheels but linked via cogs on the inside to the actual drive wheels which sit lower than them. The weight of the construct has caused the rear of the machine to sink giving the impression that the outer wheels are on the sand and driving it.

3. THE HERETICAL, FOUL TISSUE OF A TRAVESTY OF LIES THAT IS CERTAINLY LIBELLOUS AND DEFINITELY ACTIONABLE BY THE DAEMONIC LAWYERS OF HASHUT: I ran out of cogs. If you look at the back there is room for another set which would make it work. Yes I know I could have waited . Yes I know I could have collected more but Life is short. Anyway they have steam powered helicopters, Floating Gold Balloons for Hashuts’ sake and Dragons (don’t get me started on Dragons) so Heck ‘a wizard did it’.

Helbindi Don’t worry about your brain hurting

I’m a psychiatrist

It’ll be fiiiiiiiiiine

Uther the unhinged:

Thanks Abecedar… Although I wish to make it clear that I am in no way to be held responsible for Lego Larceny. All my Lego was ethically sourced from renewable stocks. Honest.

Anyway I thought I woul put some more stuff up.

Hers is my DeathShrieker

OK sorry not worked out how to rotate this one

Now Time for the big boys. Every army needs a Hellcannon soooo

and a K’Daii destroyer SO behold Indianuul Bones Rider of the Last K’Daii

(I Know Admiral I am Sorry but I had no Other Bits … and they were there …and I am a worm)

Uther the unhinged:

Well I love bull centaurs, the concept really. However I have struggled to find a good (cheap) bull body base. My kids toy box really let me down on this. Juggernauts waaaaay too expensive for me. Chaos Knight horses, my own little warrior of chaos would kill me if he saw me chopping those up (apparently all chaos figures belong to him in some sort of moral way). So I decided to rip off, sorry, pay homage to an idea I saw here. I really can’t remember who it was but thank you.

Here are my Steampunk Bull centaurs

Now every Bull centaur unit needs a Tauruk

(Apologies a beardy bit fell off just before taking the picture. Fear not he is booked in for Beard Extensions imminently)

Uther the unhinged:

Thanks Jackswift

Sadly the Dawileks are stalled at the concept stage.

I do have some counts as Fireborn that have a certain Cyberdawi vibe

Well I think so. Here are my battle Dawoids led by General Grievuuk

He is supported by more fireborn Imperial Walkers

Uther the unhinged:

Well it is getting late here so just a few more

The ground troops led by Grand Moff Tarkuuk

The Ironsworn unit of Lazrabuul the Last and his loony lefties

Backed up by the fire glaives of the world Toppers led by Jhimii the Khagnee

and the mass blunderbuss unit (No names and not washed or based yet. I will get round to it I promise… there’s just so many of the little monsters)

Hope you like these despite their roughness

tjub:

Hah, maybe a bit too high tech for my taste with the mono wheel Bullcentaurs. :stuck_out_tongue: But I guess it would fit with better with the new AoS themes. But I have to say that you’ve got some really cool concepts here and original ideas, great work!

Admiral:

The warriors and blunderbussers look good! I like what you’ve done with them. Keep it up.

Ghrask Dragh:

This is one crazy blog, I love it!!

Very different ideas, those Bull Centaurs are great and those Dawoids :o

The Blunderbuss look like a very cool unit, again great conversions, very inspiring :hat off

Helblindi:

Crazy cool ideas there, and wonderful explanations of what looks at first glance to be malfunctioning technology :wink:

Uther the unhinged:

Thanks Ghrask. The craziness is to make up for the lack of talent. Hmmm I made need more craziness. Glad you liked them

Helblindi , thanks… I never let reality get in the way of a good story.

Tjub. Yeah they are very tech/steampunk. Mainly because I really struggled to sculpt/convert anything organic that looked good. But gear not construction of an ‘organic’ legion is well advanced (if somewhat strange) and I am playing with the chariot idea.

In the meantime this legion fits alright with AOS. I like AOS… I know it can be divisive but I came late to WHFB and so did not have the years of love. One nice thing about it is when it started you could take anything… mixed up…combine this with a counts as rule and the possibilities are endless…

You see I wanted the Kharadron Overlords (Alright alright I do like steampunk) but my son (vanilla dwarfs and seraphon wants the models and is saving hard for a frigate/ironclad. So I cant have them. BUT my daughter had a brilliant idea. I mean dwarfs, evil ones…flying…big hats…

Soooooo here are a few WIPS of the stormcrows of hashut

Helicopters …of course but…

Big hat helicopter Dawi Zharr ala inspector gadget

What’s not to love?

This guy will be a lord/hero thing so he gets a really big hat and two

copters (just in case you know)

I had wondered if the hat was too big but my daughter assured me that I was being silly

Here he is with his unit. Only awaiting beards and leg/arm shortening

Uther the unhinged:

Anyway. Back on the ground the legion is short of slaves (not sure if hobgoblins do well in the realm of metal)

So here iare my wolf riders led by Bi’li the Khan

supported by Doc HolliKhan

Wild Bil HiKhan

Jesse Khan

and the aptly named other Khan, forming my wild bunch of count as Wolf riders with bows

Uther the unhinged:

Now, the whole ork/CD thing started with a lack of boars…see above if interested… However I did not give up and my daughter now has boar riders. But there were spare bits left over…

Here is Griguul Siverbristle (aka Grig the pig and his boar centaurs

and to end this evenings post some flame throwers