[Archive] 07-29-2017 Uthers Legions of Hashut

Carcearion:

Lololol I must save I absolutly love your army! Exstensivly creative, lovingly executed, and most of all incredibly fun!

tjub:

Oh, those flying hats… Haha… Why didn’t I come up with that idea when I had an army. :smiley: :hat off

Pappa Midnight:

You have created an incredibly original collection of CDs. An excellent use of scratch-building skills and conversions with bags of imagination. Love them.

PM

Ghrask Dragh:

Just gets better and better!

The heli-hats are great and the boar Centaurs a lovely throw back to my favourite era but those ‘khans’ as wild west riders… Brilliant! They look so good and again I love the idea, forgive me in advance but I may need to steal that one :wink:

Great stuff :cheers

Uther the unhinged:

Thank guys. I am glad you liked them

GHrask fill your boots. I’ve been mining this site for years as a lurker. You know what they say. Good writers borrow, great writers steal. In the same vein as the wolf riders, citadel once made (many many years ago) a model ‘the dwarf with no name’. I keep thinking of doing this (think how big his Stetson would be) but need to hone my sculpting skills a bit (a lot) first. Would be happy to see someone else have a go. There could be a whole Chaos enforcing group (silver stars of chaos on their chests. Wyatt dwarf for instance or Dwarf Garrett… Ahhh maybe one day. But as I have about 13 different projects all started and not finished they woll have to wait.

Ghrask Dragh:

Ah yes I remember that guy, cigar in Mouth? Older days made some great dwarf minis, Black Scorpion Miniatures do some pretty cool mini nowdays, I’m sure there’s a cool dwarf pirate in there some where :slight_smile:

Look forward to seeing what you come up with

Uther the unhinged:

Been away for a bit but finally finished basing (a bit) my blunderbusses. So here they are the backbone of  the legion of unknown Khazath (usual apologies for picture quality, painting , converting etc)

Uther the unhinged:

Sadly did not manage to enter the golden hat again. In my defence I was distratcted by finally finishing my Storm-crows of Hashut

Eat my Big Helicopter Hat Kharadron weaklings

and introducing Crow Commander Bile ‘I love the smell of magma in the morning’ Killgorul

and his patrol (‘50 cal on the aelves’)

his second in command

and others

Helblindi:

Absolutely brilliant :smiley: Also found some inspiring things among your WIPs, so thank you!

Uther the unhinged:

Thanks Helblindi, glad you liked them. Can�?Tt think how my WIPs could help but great if they did.

Got a couple more heli hats to make to form two units. However been a bit distracted, had to make a scratch built gun hauler for my son and he has finally saved enough for an iron clad. Oh the dangers of an arms race!

Soo CD frigate ( sort of) and iron clad ( my kids think I�?Tm mad) are under construction. My evil empire will prevail. Mwaaahahaha.

I think I�?Td best go lie down again.

Admiral:

Mad and fun. Most appropriate. :smiley:

Carcearion:

Just one look at them and I can hear The Flight of Valkyries :cheers

do do do-do-do, do do do-do-do…

Uther the unhinged:

Dang and Blast. You�?Tve done it now Carcearion. I only have to try to make one with speakers. Grumble, grumble, grumble…

Uther the unhinged:

See Carcearion, see what you�?Tve done, gone and mentioned Ride of the Valkyries. Yes I could do speakers… or I could do a unit of three female heli hat chaos dwarfs with ridiculously long curly blonde braids, horned hats, big chests and spears. Choices choices choices

Uther the unhinged:

Right. My son (dwarfs, seraphon and Kharadron Overlords) has bought himself an ironclad. Fair play he saved for months an months. Of course add this to his scratch built gunhauler and my heli-hatted storm crows of Hashut would be outgunned. Such a situation could not be tolerated by the daemonsmiths of Hashut.

So I needed some serious fire power. I thought of a mechanical great Taurus (but I already made one. A lammasu (tricky) I needed something more original, more fitting the aesthetic…more silly.

Therefore with apologies to any whose artistic or cultural sensibilities I have offended, let me introduce my Twin inflatable Infernal Engine Fighter Class frigate…

and its pilot the lord Vayduk aka Daft Vayduk

and the entire company

tjub:

Hehe, a CD Tie Fighter! :stuck_out_tongue:

Admiral:

Now that was both unexpected and well crafted! You’ve done it again, Uther. :smiley:

Willmark:

...and its pilot the lord Vayduk aka Daft Vayduk

Uther the unhinged
There is something about this picture that seems.... familiar, "I sense something. A presence I've not felt since..."

Fuggit Khan:

Your gyrocopter Big Hats are *@#!! brilliant!

I think you’ve captured the true sense of miniatures and gaming, in that it’s all about having fun :hat off

Cool stuff man, hoping to see more

:hashut

Uther the unhinged:

So glad you liked them guys. Actually means a lot to me when I hear nice things from such talented people that I have admired.

Fuggit yes they are fun, I lack the talent to do a serious army. Any way as I play with my five kids being serious is difficult and would lead to bloodshed if I know them well.

Rules, schmules they are guidelines and fluff just hints. As the great Slartibartfast said �?oI�?Td much rather be happy than right�?�.

More will come, I�?Tm working on Gunhilda a heli hatted cd (counts as skywarden) leader of �?~the blonde bombshells�?T Walkurs of Hashut, flying across the battle field collecting slaves. They are Carcearions fault. Then there is the ironclad. I haven�?Tt got a wip photo as yet but maybe tomorrow… of course only on the clear understanding that you guys keep it secret. I have heard the orc rebels are trying to steal the plans…