[Archive] 10,000 points of CD (warning: lots of photos)

wallacer:

Update 19/6/2012

Well, I finally got round to playing with my 10,000 point list (this one: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5499).

The highlights were my flying Circus (the 2 Lamassus, 2 Tauruses and their riders) wiping out almost an entire horde of Marauders in one turn (36 models) and the Infernal Guard with Fireglaives successfully defending a building in the centre of the table for the entire game.

The result was a minor victory for the Chaos Dwarfs.

Piccies:

And for those who are curious, my hated enemy (combined Orcs & Goblins/Warriors of Chaos):

Original post continues below

Well, I finally got round to taking some photos of my stunties. The Sorceror on the Lammasu and one of the warrior units aren’t there, but everything else can be seen in the piccies:

UPDATES (Lammasu and Marauders) 28/07/2009 at REQUEST OF CLAM:

More stuff:

You can never have too many Bull Centaurs:

Been a while since I updated this…

Scibor’s Taurus:

Raging Heroes Lammasu:

And finally the Infernal Guard are done:

And the Iron Daemon:

And the K’daii Destroyer:

A missile emplacement I made to be used as a counts-as Death Shrieker:

Well, since the K’daii Destroyer has to be on an Arachnarok base i’ve had to rebase him.

Magma Cannon and Games Day Hellsmith:

Well, this one’s not a miniature update. I made some tokens for my Sorcerors. Info tokens for the magic swords they carry so I can remember what they’ve got and what it does during the game. Toughness tokens for when the Sorceror miscasts, and hatred markers for when Breath of Hatred goes off.

I also made some magic cards for the Lore of Hashut.

Dreadquake Mortar:

And the full train:

The heroes:

Pyro Stick:

Wow. Im loving that Bazooka. Do you have a marauder mage in there somewhere?

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Khan!:

Well… I’m not sure what I can say, other than “This army is so awesome.” And questions: What did you use for the giant? It is awesome. And, what rules do you use for the bull centaur-powered chariot things? They are awesome also. Finally, I’m please to see that the Rackham proxy bull centaurs look good! I wasn’t really sure about those models, but your army is so eclectic that they fit in really well. Cheers! :cheers

cornixt:

HUGE variety of models! There can’t be many duplicates in the whole thing!

The Flying Beaver:

Huzzah, finally I can give out a Gold Army award! It’s lookin’ good, wallacer.

Vexxus:

Lots of fun ideas in there, your hard work has definately paid off!

angryboy2k:

Am I gonna get banned if I give an “OMG!!1! WOWZORZ!!!111!!!1”?

Fantastic army in every way. I especially liked the bazooka and greenskin units.

Steve

clam:

Can’t find words:cheers

It’s a absolute fantastic army you got there. So many fine models in there - and so many beautiful paintjobs:hat off.

Love your Bull Centaurs - is it converted Centigors? If so - a “how to do” would be appreciated!

Nice to see you got room for the use of the Whirlwind and the Tenderiser - how do you use them in battle (rule wise)?

grom:

lot s of confrontation minis :slight_smile: (and i dont like dwarfs from it :/)

hal:

Nice introduction of the Rackham minis.

You’ve a very nice range of different guys in this army, the mish-mash of colours looks excellent.

wallacer:

Wow. Im loving that Bazooka. Do you have a marauder mage in there somewhere?

Pyro Stick
Yes, but the photo didn't come out very well (i'll try to take another one)
Well.... I'm not sure what I can say, other than "This army is so awesome." And questions: What did you use for the giant? It is awesome.

Khan!
The Giant is from here:
http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=697
Huzzah, finally I can give out a Gold Army award! It's lookin' good, wallacer.

The Flying Beaver
LOL. Well, that's why I did it Beaver, so that you could dish out an army medal. That is what kept me going through all those long hours of painting :cheers
Love your Bull Centaurs - is it converted Centigors? If so - a "how to do" would be appreciated!

Nice to see you got room for the use of the Whirlwind and the Tenderiser - how do you use them in battle (rule wise)?

clam
The Bull Centaurs are Rackham Miniatures "Prowlers of the Abyss". You can get them here:
http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/liste_familles.cfm?type=normal&num=2&code_lg=lg_us

I was using my experimental army list in this game, which is why I fielded the Whirlwind and Tenderisers. The list is here:
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5862
HUGE variety of models!��There can't be many duplicates in the whole thing!

cornixt
Only a few. I didn't want any duplicates (chaotic armies aren't meant to look regimented and identical imho).

Father Grumpmas:

Your usual high standard - love the way you have mixed the miniatures together - it does produce an excellent chaotic horde.

You got the Scottish goblin too - a very cool figure!

Thommy H:

You got the Scottish goblin too - a very cool figure!

Father Grumpmas
Yeah, it's nice to see a hasslefree figure in amongst your horde - I'm a big fan of their figures.

I find the Rackham evil dwarfs to be a bit too much of a style-clash for my tastes, but a coherent colour scheme really does work wonders, and they all seem to fit quite nicely.

wallacer:

I actually have 2 Hasslefree figures - the drunken Goblin and Kain the Dwarf.

In my normal Dwarf army I use the flying pirate ship and the female Dwarf from Hasslefree as a Gyrocopter.

You’re right, Hasslefree make some nice stuff.

Xander:

Amazing to the max. If I could give you slaves, I would!

wallacer:

Just unlock the key to the slave pen, then get a slavemaster to drag them round to my fortress.

How hard can it be?

catbarf:

Is it just me or does that rocket have the same diameter as the launcher?

Pyro Stick:

clam
I actually tried to re write or update the old rules. Updated Rules for the Whirlwind and Tenderiser
Is it just me or does that rocket have the *same diameter* as the launcher?

catbarf
Stop wrecking the awesomeness! I might do that with my one. It might look good on the Swivel Guns as well.

wallacer:

I thought about trying it on the swivel guns, but it would be too hard to counterbalance the weight (unless you stuck the swivelgun on a metal base).

Pyro Stick:

I still cant find the mage model. You must have about 3 sets of Renegades in there. All those 3rd edition models are so awesome. You wouldnt happen to have any spare parts for the Whirlwind?