[Archive] 13-05-2010 My evil dwarven army blog. Final summary

Schlanger:

And now I’ll post the very first chaos dwarf ever. The one I made before i even knew how they should really look. All I knew that they have tall hats (I was not sure about the shape) and black beards. And I found their symbol! See it on the shield =)

The WD free dwarf conversion. The beginning of Hand weapon-shield regiment

Schlanger:

And the very beginning (also one of the first models of my CD army) of the great weapons. They are elite, that’s why I made them bright and slightly different looking from the dark-red color scheme of other dwarves. They are elite not because of rules or playability (as they are not THAT good), but they are definitely the right choice to place at the doors to the hero’s or mage’s rooms. Two of them, one at each side of the door =)))

As always- C&C are welcome :wink:

BOGGO:

I really think the blunderbuss guys are funky-cool. I can’t make out the sorcerer with fire very well, but the concept is groovy.

Kera foehunter:

i do love the color of your ax men i love the yellow

Schlanger:

And now, few days before I finish my infantry blocks, I’ll post some pics of another model I’ve rescently done. A must have for each CD army- an Earthshaker. Yes, it’s a simple conversion, yes it’s not as LARGE as Hellcanon (cuz it’s a different piece of artillery!!!), and finaly, yes, the photos don’t look good. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my work.

C&C please =)

Schlanger:

Here’s the crew. Each crewman took me longer to paint than the entire cannon. Not because they are so complex, but because of an extremely simple paintjob on a gun itself.

Skitter:

Smallest earthshaker I have ever seen :hat off

That part aside, very nice and simple conversion, lovely details and choice of colors, both on the gun and the crew. The crew looks splendid! :hat off

Border Reiver:

Wonderful conversion of the BFSP Cannon. I wouldn’t worry about the paintjob on the cannon - this is most definitely a case of “simple things done well.”

tjub:

They all look great, but seems like they are “grainy”. Is that the varnish?

Schlanger:

They all look great, but seems like they are "grainy". Is that the varnish?

tjub
No, thats because they're zoomed so closely. They dont look grainy in real life at all. For example- see those guys with 2h axes? They look less grainy on photos (because of the zoom) and they look more grainy in reality. I'm really novice in taking pictures.:(

tjub:

They all look great, but seems like they are "grainy". Is that the varnish?

tjub
No, thats because they're zoomed so closely. They dont look grainy in real life at all. For example- see those guys with 2h axes? They look less grainy on photos (because of the zoom) and they look more grainy in reality. I'm really novice in taking pictures.:(

Schlanger
Ah, peeew... :cheers
I once messed up a few models with bad varnish, from that on I always use varnish I can brush on.

Your NMM looks great as well as you sculpting, looking forward to see an army of them! My only critisism as you said your earth shaker seems a bit small, but its a good conversion of the BFSP canon...

Schlanger:

You’re right, as my shaker really lacks size, BUT! I’m planning some large base for it (representing a fortified gun position), which gonna make the whole model look more presentable on a battlefield.

Loki:

So great model that you have got there Schlanger the gs work and paint jobs are excellent cant wait to see some more keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Border Reiver:

It’s not the size of the cannon, it’s the size of the effect that matters…

ElEndro:

Hi!

Great work so far, love the cannon also.

Would you mind posting some “green” pics also? I want to sculpt faces, and looking for good tutorials. (Tjub if you read this, you could also make a good tutorial :P)

Also how do you make the skin? Its simply great.

Schlanger:

And the dark forces are gathering around my evil dwarven warlord. And the next squad I just started (the BB squad and hand weapon are finished, and I’ll post you a photos soon) is the black orcs unit.

As I have just started working on it, I can post you the very beginning- an unpainted first black orc. Actually, he is the second one, but it doesn’t really matter. I;m currently moving from one apartment to another, which doesn’t allow me to follow the right chronology.

So here he is. Unfinished yet. Converted from 40k AoBR nob. The weird thing near him is going to be his shield.

tjub:

Very original conversion… I like it! :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

omg!!! im stealing the ogre gut plate canon idea!!!

that would be a cool deck gun!!!

S W I P E

Schlanger:

Feel free to steal it =) Actually the idea is stolen from conversions forum =)

Kera foehunter:

Now that make it so much better!! i have to do itnow