[Archive] 13-05-2010 My evil dwarven army blog. Final summary

Schlanger:

And here are the rest of the blunderbussers. 18 by now. That is the point where I plan to stop painting them (though I’ve got some unpainted BBs yet) and concentrate on hw-shield, 2hw, artillery and black orcs.

The photos are really killing the colors. Next week I’ll try another (more complex) camera.

BOGGO:

Man, those are pretty groovy. I like the variation of the hats: it is cohesive as a unit, but with individuality between each guy. Good job.

Bassman:

I love your dwarfs. I like their style. Overall I appreciate here some great blendings and shadings, really well painted. This is not easy to achieve in rank and file miniatures :hat off

I appreciate the beard color, reminds my Bluebeards’ clan! Blue beards rock :hat

Regards Bassman

Schlanger:

Yes, when I first saw your bluebeards- I thought that my army idea might look like stolen a bit, though I think (and I tried it out long before I even thought about starting CD army) that blue represents black really well, even if it doesn’t sound logical =))) So I decided to go this way =))) Bluebeards truely rock!!!:cheers

Border Reiver:

Go bluebeards! I rather like your conversions of the BFSP Thunderers, and I can see a few ideas there that I need to “borrow” when I do my own.

Kera foehunter:

omg those are so cool love the paint job and your hero he kicks ass!!!

Schlanger:

And here is my most ambitios and beloved project which is also another must have for each and every CD general. A bullcentaur.

This is a beginning of a first one. Now I’m working on another. There will be 2 types of front part (front legs+dwarf body), two types of hindlegs and 4-5 types of hands, both with great weapons and hand weapon\shield. As I’m cooperating with one small company that makes fantasy and historical miniatures, I’m planning to make a huge cavalry block or maybe two of those and maybe even get some spare copies :idea… But… That’s still a long way to go =))))

ryanamandaanna:

That is some pretty intricate work, sir! Great job! :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

love the cd !! i like his hat and nice ammor

Schlanger:

IN early posts someone asked for a better CD hero pics and some asked for any WIP pics. Here are both. WIP hero :slight_smile:

Schlanger:

A smaller artillery piece. A boltthrower. I had to make up an army for a local tournament. Painting was unnecessary (though unpainted units got penalties) and I had to get as much boltthrowers as possible, and as cheap as I can find. I had no time to convert own BT’s, like in rescent WoH, so I found Rackham’s ballistas for something like 20 dollars per 3, with plenty of crewmen and guardsmen (who are about to become slaves =) As Rackham machines look like a finely crafted devices, i decided to make them look “looted”. That’s why a glued a front shield on each, and gonna give them a specific paint job to make them look more battleworn. Gnoblars are representig hobbos. Yeh, they are small, but I made em in a rush, and still, they look mean enough. Also I guess that the artillery hobbos are weakest and smartest of their kind, so that is where the size doesn’t matter =)

tjub:

Huah, thats a huge centaur! :slight_smile:

Your hero, is he a conversion or a Rackham model?

Schlanger:

Your hero, is he a conversion or a Rackham model?

tjub
Yes, it's a Hirh-Karn the enraged from rackham range =))) There is lots of cheap old rackham models in local store, that affects all my armies a bit=))

the_rat:

I must thank you for making that earthshaker conversion. I had thought about using that maw as a cannon front, but ended up giving it to my friend to throw on the front of his looted wagon :stuck_out_tongue: (which looks sweet, btw). I never could come up with a good placement for it, but you sir have provided it.

I am quite jealous of your centaur as well.

wallacer:

That’s a really nice looking unit. The skin tone works well. The converting is great. Not a single thing to fault. :hat off

apocalypstia:

that is going to be one massive Bull Centaur, looking forward to the completed sculpt. The fire play with your sorceror was nice… it helped me with a few ideas for my own sorcerors.

keep the the Dawi Zharr marching forward t’will be a marvelous celebration.

Schlanger:

Hand weapon\shield warriors. Not as well-dressed as blunderbussers or as flashy as great weapon warriors, still it appears to be the hardest unit

Bassman:

They are the hardest unit: recently during a game a guy watching the match called my warriors with shield “the immortals”. :hat off

Great job again. I appreciate your painting skills. Nice to see a dark tones scheme, I always appreciate dark color schemes…

:hat

Kera foehunter:

nice picture of your army so far!! i totally love the colors of you used so far

tjub:

Looks great so far! :slight_smile: