[Archive] 2400 ETC comp

Nurion:

So with the 1st draft for ETC 2013 comp out i decided to try and make a list.

This is the general restrictions:

I. General Restrictions:

2400 Points.

No Special or Named Characters.

Army used can be any of the currently published GW Army books. Forge World based army lists & units may not be used on the event, except for Chaos Dwarves.

A maximum of 3 identical core choices may be taken (regardless of equipment and other upgrades)

An army may have up to 4 war machines and shooting template weapons. Warmachines that use a template count as a single choice in this regard. All template weapons (from magic items, abilities, etc.) count, except for spells. Bolt thr. count as ½ a war machine(round up).

Max. 45 models with missile weapons with a range of 20�?�+ (not incl. war machines, characters and chariots).

All BSBs can take all the Equipment, their unit type has acces to as if they weren’t BSBs.

Unit sizes are limited as follows:

Units cannot be more than 40 models nor 450 points (including all command, upgrades, magic items/banners). This restriction applies during the creation of the roster - unit size/cost may be increased during the game (for example - by joining characters to the unit). This restriction does not apply to characters.

Magic Restrictions:

- No duplicate non-signature spells(not including bound spells) and max 2 Spirit Leach

- Apart from Winds of magic, an army may only use 2 Power Dice/DD per magic phase. After an army generates the limit all the other extra dice are discarded. This includes channeled Power Dice/DD.

- Player can use maximum 5 Power Dice to cast a spell. For death & shadow spells this max is lowered to 4 power dice.

- An army may use up to 12 Power Dice during each phase.

- You may have units/abilities that actually would generate more than 2 extra dice, but any excess dice are lost

- Some magic items/abilities count as generating dice toward this limit.

- �?oCount as�?� items/abilities may never exceed a cumulative 2 Power Dice/DD per phase. This means that player who already spent his limit Power Dice limit, cant take more items which �?ocount as adding Power Dice�?� or add Power Dice from channeling during game (same for DD).

- All modifiers are applied from the army list and will not change during the game.

Detailed description

Apart from Winds of magic, an army may only use 2 Power Dice/DD per magic phase (unless army restrictions specify otherwise). After an army generates the limit all the other extra dice are discarded. This includes channeled Power Dice/DD.

If a dice is stolen from the opponent�?Ts pool, but your army has already generated two extra dice, the dice is removed from the opponent�?Ts pool and then discarded.

Some special items and abilities DECREASE the limit of power or dispel dice you can add to the pool. We refer to those as �?ocount as�?� items. What this means is that, if your roster includes one �?ocounts as 1 Power Dice (Power Dice)�?� item, your army can only add 1 power dice (instead of the usual 2 dice) to the pool in each of your own magic phases of the entire game (regardless of whether the item is destroyed or used up).

Please note that you cannot have a combination of items that would decrease the limit of extra power or dispel dice to below zero.

Item restrictions:

- Any item that auto-dispels a spell counts as generating 1 DD each magic phase.

- Folding Fortress is not allowed
Chaos Dwarfs

Hellcannon, Iron daemon are each 0-1.

Hobgoblin Khan 0-3

Lore of Hashut can be cast with max 4 Power Dice.

Chalice or Sorcerer Prophet. Chalice of darkness counts as 2 Power Dice

Iron daemon, K’daii destroyer, taur’ruk, count as war machines.

Max 3 out of Str. 5 shooting templates/Lore of death/Lore of Hashut.

Daemon Flask of Ashak/Bale taurus, max 1 in total

Crown of Command/Iron deamon, max 1 in total.
This is the list i came up with:

Prophet, lvl 4, general, lore of hashut, talisman of preservation, enchanted shield, d. scroll     375pts

Castellan, BSB, shield, dragonhelm, opal amulet, shrieking blade, ironcurse icon     172pts

Tau’ruk, blackshard armour, warrior bane, dawnstone, OTS, shield   220pts

Tau’ruk, blackshard armour, dragonbane gem, biting blade, crown of command, shield   225pts

22x Infernal Guard, full cmd          296pts

30x Infernal Guard, mus, st. bearer   380pts

3x Bull Centaurs, shield, musician    140pts

Magma Cannon       145pts

K’daai Destroyer       325pts

5x Wolf Raiders                        60pts      

5x Wolf Raiders 60pts

Total: 2398 pts

Prophet and Castellan will join the small unit of Infernal Guard. The BC and Tau’ruk will be very hard to deal with for most armies with 1+ save on both and stubborn LD9. The Tau’ruk with 1+ reroll will try to take out characters. The large block of IG will try to relay on their numbers to remain steadfast. K’daai do what a K’daai does best - destroy, while the Wolf Raiders offer some much needed chaff and deployments. Magma Cannon will try to thin out any enemy unit that will be to large for my 30man IG unit to handle. Magma Cannon will allso be used to clear out redirectors that goes after my K’daai.

What do you guys think?

zhatan87:

Castellan, BSB, shield, dragonhelm, opal amulet, shrieking blade, ironcurse icon 172pts
Tau'ruk, blackshard armour, warrior bane, dawnstone, OTS, shield 220pts
Tau'ruk, blackshard armour, dragonbane gem, biting blade, crown of command, shield 225pts
617 pts in heroes:)

Nurion:

Lol and I was thinking so hard about how to keep them under 625pts (yes, last tournament i played was 2500pts) :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess this setup then:

Prophet, lvl 4, general, lore of hashut, talisman of preservation, enchanted shield, d. scroll, ironcurse icon 380pts

Castellan, BSB, shield, dragonhelm, opal amulet, biting blade, 167pts

Tau’ruk, blackshard armour, warrior bane, dawnstone, OTS, shield 220pts

Tau’ruk, blackshard armour, crown of command, shield 210pts

22x Infernal Guard, full cmd 296pts

30x Infernal Guard, mus, st. bearer 380pts

3x Bull Centaurs, shield, musician, st.bearer, gleaming pennat 155pts

Magma Cannon 145pts

K’daai Destroyer 325pts

5x Wolf Raiders 60pts

5x Wolf Raiders 60pts

Total: 2398 pts

Jossy:

I’m heading off to ETC this year representing Chaos Dwarfs for my team

I am however saddened by this horrible comp hammer we have been hit with. There is a lot of hate for CD in the ETC :mad

Nurion:

Yeah :frowning: I’m surprised that they didn’t comp the destroyer more than they did. Iron daemon comp is realy harsh and so is the lore of death/hashut count as templates.

What do you consider bringing? I’m not going to ETC myself, but allmost all tournaments i will attend will be using ETC comp.

Woody:

I’m Ireland’s Dawi Zharr rep this year. Still tweaking the list at the moment, have until friday to sort it out.

Jossy:

I don’t know what the AR team is thinking with making Taurk’s count as war machines. And the hate on Hashut Lore. I mean we pay 300 points for a level 4 where most other races pay 200ish for comparable.

Then they let Dwarfs away with little comp and hand them 5 war machines. They are really trying to force people into specific builds

Geist:

ETC has never been a fav of mine. As the years have gone on and on it becomes obvious to me that ETC no longer plays warhammer, they have made so many changes to the rules of each army and in some cases out right changing how items work, that is no longer warhammer. I have no clue what ETC plays but it for damn sure is NOT warhammer.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Not to turn this into a comp-rant but honestly, I pity the folks who have to suffer with ETC rules. I can appreciate someone may want to run an event with some composition rules in it, but to play with those day in and day out would just ruin the game for me.

Also do not understand their Chaos Dwarf hate but whatever…

Nurion:

People that made the CD comp speaking:

"Omg a book from Forgeworld! It must be full of unbalanced stuff! reads Iron Daemon rules was complicated, i bet it’s realy awsome!!! Let’s comp it! They have a lvl 4 caster, that can use armour and have acess to chaos dwarf lore! Omg that lore looks realy good… but their caster is more expencive that a Slann…ahhh fk it, let’s comp it anyway! And while we’re at it, let’s comp that one magic item that MIGTH affect any magic phase by a whole lot. Why don’t we make it so CD have to choose between a lvl 4 and that item? That will make sure noone will take it, and technicaly we didn’t ban it! What about warmachines? Hmmm, that’s one of chaos dwarf’s trademarks! Big scary guns! Let’s comp that as well!’'

It’s not fun to make lists with ETC comp, but i don’t mind playing games with it. I recently played a tournament with no comp what so ever, and some armies realy need comps to make tournaments more balanced. Dark elf magicphases, Ogre Kingdom 18man Iron Gut buss with multiple characters, no LoS vs the big nasty spells like gateway, dwellers and final transmutation are some of the things that i think the ETC comp handels well. For friendly games it’s a different matter tho.

Samanos:

i think the problem with your list is that your tauruks are very vulnerable to lore of death and shooting.

you only have 3 bulls and i dont think you will retain a loS save for long. they are tough but against armies such as empire or dwarfs (and possibly other CD lists) you will have problem… the bulls will die and then your character will be left vulnerable against missile attacks from the opponent

Woody:

you only have 3 bulls and i dont think you will retain a loS save for long.

Samanos
With only 3 bulls you don't get a LoS.

The reason the comp is harsh is because ChD were the 2nd or 3rd highest scoring army last year and were a little undercomped.

Nurion:

I tested this list vs a player in last years ETC. He used dark elf with a dreadlord on a dragon. Lvl 1 with metal, two heroes on peg (one BSB kitted out to hunt down K’daai). He had 3 units of shades (7,7,6). 15Rxbow, 3 units with warriors with spears and full cmd (30,30,25), hydra and two units of harpies.

My opponent is a realy good player, so i knew that it would be tough. I’ll only sum up the key events in the fight.

My k’daai and Tau’ruk with dawnstone killed his BSB (pendant, 2+ ward vs flaming, 1+ save, pegasus etc.) I moved the both of them up so that my Tau’ruk would be ready to charge him if he decided to charge my k’daai. Eventually he had to charge my k’daai unless he wanted it to go nuts on his flank. K’daai survived the charge from his BSB and when my Tau’ruk moved in he decided to challenge my tau’ruk hoping to win combat that way, but with only 1 wound left after my k’daai did 7 wounding hits first round of combat he died pretty fast.

My unit of bull centaurs were a constant target by his lvl 1 with searing doom. Luckily he never managed to cast it with only lvl 1 and constantly trying the boosted version.

My Tau’ruk with crown of command decided to try and assassinate his lvl 1 with a charge out of his unit and into his block of spearmen. His champion issued a challenge, but he was naturally killed right away. I still lost combat (which i knew i would), but i had a hope that stubborn ld9 would keep me in combat for another round so i could kill his lvl 1. Ofc it didn’t and i ran far away, actualy i ran through one of my own units and then failed to rally him twice… So he ran of the table only killing one lousy champion.

My 30 IG with HW & shield held up his dragonlord for 3 rounds before they got charged by his spearmen. By then they had managed to kill the rider, and putting one wound on the dragon. I’m not sure if it was a good decision to try and kill his general and not the dragon. While we were fighting none of us remembered if i would get points for killing the raider so we just assumed that i would. After the battle we found out that i would have to kill the dragon as well to get points, which is the main reason i lost the battle. I calculated that i had the points for his general without the dragon from round 4 and my k’daai figured he’d stay away from the dragon. If I had knew, my k’daai would have gone for the dragon and possibly giving me the victory.

My 22 IG with HW & shield took all the dark elf shooting for 3 rounds. Even a S5 breath from the hydra. Both my general and my bsb were in this unit. They were reduced to about 10 man + characters when i charged his hydra. They killed it, but my general who had rolled a 6 for his weapon did two wounds to himself… Hydra put one wound on my BSB. Then they cought the fleeing hydra proceeding into one of his units of shades. They killed it, but in the magic phase my general attempted a boosted breath of hatered and did his 3rd miscast of the game and was sucked into oblivion and killed allmost all of the remaining IG. BSB, standard beared and musician survived and finished off the shades. They reformed, hoping to survive another round of shooting and then charge a reduced block of warriors just to stick around untill the end of the fight. Ofc, they were shot down…

Magma Cannon did realy well! It killed like 30 dark elf warriors in total. I never got a chance to target the hydra since it were lurking around on the opposite side of the table.

Bull Centaurs allso preformed well, even without any Tau’ruks in the unit. They charged his other hero on peg and broke it. They failed to catch him, but since they broke him in his turn i proceded to charge him with my k’daai and other tau’ruk which made him run of the table in my turn. BC then proceeded to charge one of his warriors units and held them for the rest of the battle.

All in all im somewhat happy with the list, even with a 14-6 loss in this fight. Mainly because my generals unit were killed and that my tau’ruk ran of the table and that we didn’t know if i got victory points for his general or not. The changes i consider doing leaving the crown of command tau’ruk out, reducing the numbers of the big IG unit by a few and maye reduce the point cost on the bull centaurs. Then add another magma cannon, crown of command on the prophet and a lvl 1 with scroll and lore of metal/fire.

Edit: as for the LoS and making the tau’ruk vurnable against shooting and lore of death/metal. I find that he survive most/all normal missile fire with T5 and 1+ reroll. As for cannons they usualy target k’daai if they can. Lore of death he got ld9 S5 T5 so none of the sniping spells are that good against him. Only thing that can realy hurt is searing doom, but it has a limited range and tau’ruk is moving fast, so hopefully he should be safe from that as well.

Nurion:

I came up with this list instead. It’s very similar to the last list, but i traded both units of wolf raiders and one tau’ruk for better gear on the BSB, a khan on wolf, a d.smith and a magma cannon. I allso put crown of command on my prophet so i’ll have two stubborn blocks.

Prophet, lvl 4, general, lore of hashut, talisman of preservation, enchanted shield, crown of command, blood of hashut   405 pts

Castellan, BSB, shield, mask of the furnace            197 pts
D.smith, lvl 1, lore of fire, d.scroll, charmed shield               125 pts
Tau’ruk, blackshard armour, warrior bane, dawnstone, OTS, shield    220 pts
Hobgoblin Khan, giant wolf, light armour, shield,      56 pts

24x Infernal Guard, full cmd          320 pts
24x Infernal Guard, full cmd          320 pts

3x Bull Centaurs, shield, musician    140 pts
Magma Cannon       145 pts
Magma Cannon       145 pts

K’daai Destroyer       325 pts

2398 pts

Samanos:

seems solid.

however i think you need more khans. 1 is not enough in my experience.

maybe drop 1 magma cannon and add 2 khans? and with the spare points add a magic banner or something?

Nurion:

I’m thinking that the BC can work somewhat like a khan to redirect/kill chaff if I will need it. The Tau’ruk can allso do the same, but he’ll join the K’daai if he’s threatened by 2+ vs flaming unstompable characters like a dark elf peg BSB or a chaos lord on disc. Besides i have allready spent my amount of points on heroes with this setup. I’d have to drop the BC and Tau’ruk completely to add any more Khan’s. Or the d.smith, but then i loose my scroll :confused:

NemesisCH:

Here is my testlist, some ideas?

2400 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster

Total Roster Cost: 2399

Sorcerer-Prophet (1#, 400 pts)

. . 1 Sorcerer-Prophet, 300 pts = (base cost 265 + Level 4 Upgrade 35)

. . . . 1 Enchanted Shield, 5 pts

. . . . 1 Sceptre of Stability, 15 pts

. . . . 1 Talisman of Preservation, 45 pts

. . . . 1 Crown of Command, 35 pts

Daemonsmith Sorcerer (1#, 125 pts)

. . 1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer, 95 pts

. . . . 1 Charmed Shield, 5 pts

. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll, 25 pts

Dark Castellean (1#, 207 pts)

. . 1 Dark Castellean (Battle Standard Bearer), 132 pts = (base cost 105 + Shield 2 + Battle Standard Bearer 25)

. . . . 1 Biting Blade, 10 pts

. . . . 1 The Mask of the Furnace, 65 pts

Hobgoblin Khan (1#, 65 pts)

. . 1 Hobgoblin Khan, 60 pts = (base cost 40 + Wolf 12 + Spear 4 + Light Armour 2 + Shield 2)

. . . . 1 Dragonbane Gem, 5 pts

Hobgoblin Khan (1#, 83 pts)

. . 1 Hobgoblin Khan, 58 pts = (base cost 40 + Wolf 12 + Spear 4 + Light Armour 2)

. . . . 1 Shield of Ptolos, 25 pts

. . 1 Hobgoblin Khan, 60 pts = (base cost 40 + Wolf 12 + Spear 4 + Light Armour 2 + Shield 2)

. . . . 1 Warrior Bane, 5 pts

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (19#, 260 pts)

. . 18 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, 236 pts = 18 * 12 (base cost 12) + Musician Mus 10 + Standard Bearer Std 10

. . . . 1 Deathmask, 24 pts

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (19#, 374 pts)

. . 18 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, 344 pts = 18 * 18 (base cost 12 + Hailshot Blunderbuss 6) + Musician Mus 10 + Standard Bearer Std 10

. . . . 1 Deathmask, 30 pts = (base cost 24 + Hailshot Blunderbuss 6)

Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon (4#, 145 pts)

. . 1 Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon, 145 pts

Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon (4#, 145 pts)

. . 1 Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon, 145 pts

K’daai Destroyer (1#, 325 pts)

. . 1 K’daai Destroyer, 325 pts

Hellcannon (4#, 205 pts)

. . 1 Chaos Dwarf Hellcannon, 205 pts

Points of Lords: 400 (0 - 600)

Points of Heroes: 545 (0 - 600)

Points of Core: 634 (600 - Unlimited)

Points of Special: 290 (0 - 1200)

Points of Rare: 530 (0 - 600)

Nurion:

Your hero and lord setup seems good, however your core seems a little small.

If your unit of blunderbusses takes one causality you will loose reroll to wound. It’s allso a very expencive unit the way it is right now (i assume either BSB or your prophet will go in here). Allso Hellcannon might be given another pointcost with new WoC book out. What lore do you plan on use with your prophet? Since you have 3 S5 template you can only use metal or fire with him and to get full use of your hellcannon lore of death would be a much better choice.

I’d say loose a magma cannon, use lore of death on your prophet and give your core units more bodies :slight_smile:

Geist:

He does not have the power to reroll wounds. Takes 20 to reroll wounds, he only has 19. Blunderbusses need to be no less than 30.

NemesisCH:

ups… here the correct list. (Sorry for thread hijacking)

2400 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster

Total Roster Cost: 2399

Sorcerer-Prophet (1#, 400 pts)

. . 1 Sorcerer-Prophet, 300 pts = (base cost 265 + Level 4 Upgrade 35)

. . . . 1 Enchanted Shield, 5 pts

. . . . 1 Sceptre of Stability, 15 pts

. . . . 1 Talisman of Preservation, 45 pts

. . . . 1 Crown of Command, 35 pts

Daemonsmith Sorcerer (1#, 125 pts)

. . 1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer, 95 pts

. . . . 1 Charmed Shield, 5 pts

. . . . 1 Dispel Scroll, 25 pts

Dark Castellean (1#, 207 pts)

. . 1 Dark Castellean (Battle Standard Bearer), 132 pts = (base cost 105 + Shield 2 + Battle Standard Bearer 25)

. . . . 1 Biting Blade, 10 pts

. . . . 1 The Mask of the Furnace, 65 pts

. . . . 1 Dragonbane Gem, 5 pts

Hobgoblin Khan (1#, 83 pts)

. . 1 Hobgoblin Khan, 58 pts = (base cost 40 + Wolf 12 + Spear 4 + Light Armour 2)

. . . . 1 Shield of Ptolos, 25 pts

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (19#, 260 pts)

. . 18 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, 236 pts = 18 * 12 (base cost 12) + Musician Mus 10 + Standard Bearer Std 10

. . . . 1 Deathmask, 24 pts

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (29#, 559 pts)

. . 28 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, 524 pts = 28 * 18 (base cost 12 + Hailshot Blunderbuss 6) + Musician Mus 10 + Standard Bearer Std 10

. . . . 1 Deathmask, 30 pts = (base cost 24 + Hailshot Blunderbuss 6)

. . . . 1 Scarecrow Banner, 5 pts

Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon (4#, 170 pts)

. . 1 Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon, 170 pts = (base cost 145 + Hellbound 25)

Hellcannon (4#, 205 pts)

. . 1 Chaos Dwarf Hellcannon, 205 pts

K’daai Destroyer (1#, 325 pts)

. . 1 K’daai Destroyer, 325 pts

Composition Report:

Points of Lords: 400 (0 - 600)

Points of Heroes: 480 (0 - 600)

Points of Core: 819 (600 - Unlimited)

Points of Special: 170 (0 - 1200)

Points of Rare: 530 (0 - 600)