[Archive] [3/09/11] Alfracts Oceanic Chaos Dwarfs. [Golden Hat XIV WIP shots]

G.2:

I love this thread, it is full of character. The custom/modifying work is awesome. And I must admitt I really like the concept sketches througout the thread. I will stay tuned. Thanks for sharing. I going back to look at the sketches/drawings some more.

Alfract:

I love this thread, it is full of character. The custom/modifying work is awesome. And I must admitt I really like the concept sketches througout the thread. I will stay tuned. Thanks for sharing. I going back to look at the sketches/drawings some more.

G.2
Cheers George, i find it easier, for when im converting to sketch out what i want it look like and then with the next sketch, draw it with GW parts or parts from home, so that when i go to convert i know exactly what im going to build and have a pretty good idea what its going to look like.

nitroglysarine:

The base for the taurus (jugga) is awesome work. Paint job makes it look the business!

Alfract:

Some of the Completed shots

Some Completed Model Shots

Use guitar strings to create cabling

Detail like blood on the teeth

Horns added from Black Orc Banner Top

Detail on the base - first try at lava and lighting effect

Back View

Final Shots

Waste Rider:

Alfract,

I took some time to gawk at your crazy CD constructs and war machines …that Great Taurus is truly wicked :smiley:

Thanks for the tip using guitar strings… a good idea. I very much like the heavy machine Doom Forged! theme you have here.

It personifies my “ideal” of CDs in many ways… I’d make the bolters different somehow… perhaps simply adding a nose cap

(proper name for the horn-shaped end?) or cogs/gears. If elves have repeating x-bows than why not an auto-blunderbuss :slight_smile:

- WR

Giftzwerg:

Love the photo of the Bull God in Rockhampton. Funnily enough, I first heard about warhammer when I was living in Rocky. Guess I was doomed to become a Chaos Dwarf Player

Alfract:

Haven’t added an update for a while, but doesn’t been that i haven’t been modelling between uni studies and a little bit of partying, but recently talking with a friend here i have decided i will continue to model my chaos dwarfs rather than buy those from warhammer forge and build my army towards a kings of war abyssal list, i have most of the units already ( just waiting for my AOW slayers) in some form of another whether that be partial built or still pieces. Hopefully i should be able to make this the reason that’ll i’ll have a finished army before the year is out

Work on Decimators - this unit draws inspiration from the WF CDs with the types of guns they carry, i tried to mimic it for this unit. i plan to have another 2 units of 20, each unit will get a unique type of weaponry. I chose not to convert the beards as it could become quite fiddly making it work properly

Gun built with basic thunderer weapon with kroot gun end

Command unit for unit

Also a start on the overmaster for the Great Abyssal ( My jugger Taurus)

Mahtipakarat:

Brilliant work on everything so far! Your juggertaurus has to be my personal favourite, although the 2 massive earthshakers are probably more intimidating looking. Keep up the good work! :cheers

Alfract:

Brilliant work on everything so far! Your juggertaurus has to be my personal favourite, although the 2 massive earthshakers are probably more intimidating looking. Keep up the good work! :cheers

Mahtipakarat
Thankyou for your kind words, im hoping to have the army painted by october , so fingers crossed, hopefully my AOW bezerkers will be a home when i return so they can get converted to Abyssal Dwarf Bezerkers.

As the GH is over i can show the pictures of horde unit of warriors in various stage of completeness

Work on my horde of blacksouls

Close up my command for the unit

New Editions

My take for a throwing mastiff

Alfract:

Haven’t had an update for while, im trying to get everything built, so i can try and paint it all at once, but i was bored doing that so i decided to do a little painting

My Earthshaker

My Obsidian Golem - it kings of war it counts as a hero model

The obsidian on the golem still needs a gloss coat to give it some BANG

Abecedar:

Good to see your still out there creating stuff. Have only ever been to Rockhampton once (the town of cows) and I’m damn sure there’s more than one bull statue there somewhere.

Abyssal_Terror_:

Gotta love the BC idea. Oh and that magnificent Taurus conversion as well. Cannot wait to see more.

Alfract:

Some work that i did on my bezerkers.

AOW slayers given WOC weapons and CSM muations to add a little more BANG. AOW Slayers is a great kit to work with, although i have to build each slayer at a time to make sure they ranked up, im very happy with how they turned out. I didn’t really like that there weren’t enough hand to give them all hand weapons but i hack and slashed the GW to work

Unit shot:

Close up of the Command

Was the only dwarf that i gave the ‘flipping the bird’ hand to, i tryed to give each of the dwarfs that would make them stand out from the pack.

Admiral:

Unique stuff. It’ll be interesting to see how the Berzerkers turn out when painted.