[Archive] [8-16-2018] Willmark's Chaos Stunty Army Project-WARNING PIC HEAVY!

Willmark:

Welcome to the start of my WCSAP as I like to call it ;).

Anyways here is the start of my chaos dwarf army. I’m a helmet/mask type of chaos dwarf and I am unlikely to use any of the official Chaos Dwarf figures. hob-gobs are another story as I plan on a lot of those from the various GW sites

Here is my first unit under sculpting construction, better pics to come, sorry its off of a camera phone, iPhone to be exact! :slight_smile:

A unit of 24 chaos dwarf warriors 5 ranks by 6 wide… Why that you say? Notice the 40mm by 60mm placeholders (i.e. the bases)… stay tuned; my general is going there, but you’ll have to wait and see what exactly he will look like :slight_smile: hence not needing six more stunties.

Xander:

Looking good! Are you using the macro function? And do you have a tripod or stand of any kind for the camera? Could help improve the pics.

Keep it up!

Willmark:

Have a stand but no micro function. Getting a new camera for the family later this year that will have micro functionality on it.

Xander:

It’s Macro, not Micro. It looks like a little flower icon.

Willmark:

It's Macro, not Micro. It looks like a little flower icon.

Xander
Sorry meant that! :rolleyes:

Willmark:

WOOT!

Found my Chaos Dwarf Tenderizer. Its in rough shape needs to be stripped of paint but is complete!

To Do:
1) Order a Chaos Bull Centaur body from GW.Craft new upper torso.
2) Order new Wheels. I think the wheels from the chaos warrior chariot might do.
3) Reassemble and paint.

One less thing to get off of eBay.

Xander:

Sounds good man, can’t wait!

Rootbeer:

Looks like a good start. I chose to shave off the back edge on the maurader shoulder pads and round off the back of the head with green. They are also much improved with beastman horns or horns cut from bfsp thunderers and such.

Pyro Stick:

The warriors are looking good so far. Cant wait to see the Tenderiser. I just got mine in the mail today so i will be apinting one up as well.

Willmark:

Sweet now if I cant get a whirlwind I’ll be all set.

UPDATE: Just got a Hell cannon on lunch! Double Woot!

Ingrown:

i like the guy in the background with the horn/spiky bits off the marauder standard top looks really sorcerer like

Willmark:

i like the guy in the background with the horn/spiky bits off the marauder standard top looks really sorcerer like

Ingrown
Toying around with him, not to sure what I'll do with him.

Willmark:

UPDATE: I now have 1/2 of my fist unit of CDs converted. It took about one week of solid converting, including the unit champion, musician and standard bearer. while waiting for dwarfs to dry I also started the movement tray for the unit as it needs to accommodate 6 wide by five ranks deep. I’m also going to be magnetizing the models and the movement tray as well.

Now just waiting on some eBay stuff and a buddy of mine who is sending me his BfSP dwarfs.

I now also have my Hell Cannon prepped and ready for under coating.

Willmark:

I keep finding things here and there. Just found a sorceror on a lammasu in a shop, still in its shrink wrap for $33.00. Major Woot!

Willmark:

Bumpy.

I will hopefully have some new pics on Thursday. But just finished my first models for my CD army… the hell cannon crew.

Also finished my first chaos dwarf sorcerer based on the engineer model from the [BfSP] set. Still waiting on bits to come in so my first chaos dwarf warrior unit is still at 12.

Willmark:

Updates with Pics!

Bear in mind the crew for the Hellcannon are the most complete, but even they are not done. Photos will get better with time as I had to set up an unusual way to get then off my older digital camera that is zoom/macro capable.

WIP Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Back of WIP Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Chaos Dwarf Infantry. 12 done so far…

Another view

Hellcannon crewman #1

Hellcannon crewman #2

Hellcannon crewman #3

Baalin:

lookin great! what model did you use for your CD standard bearer?

cheers:cheers

Willmark:

lookin great! what model did you use for your CD standard bearer?
cheers:cheers

Baalin
Thanks

Hacked apart the dwarf warrior standard bearer from the [BfSP] set. wait till you see what I have planned for that.

And oh yeah I have the parts on order for my general.... MMMWWWWHHHHHAAAA :o

Ingrown:

i like tha sorcerer, i was thinking of using the standard bits on a marauder mage but it looks too wide on a them, much better suited to dwarves

Xander:

How does your Sorcerer see? :o

Awesome work so far my friend! Keep it up. :slight_smile: