[Archive] [8-16-2018] Willmark's Chaos Stunty Army Project-WARNING PIC HEAVY!

Draconis:

This is stuff you should truly be proud of man.

Awesome work all around. I cannot wait to see it all when it is completed. :slight_smile:

Willmark:

How does your Sorcerer see? :o

Awesome work so far my friend! Keep it up. :)

Xander
Don't you see the little slit beneath the brim of the helm... You will when he's painted. :)
This is stuff you should truly be proud of man.

Awesome work all around. I cannot wait to see it all when it is completed. :)

Draconis

Willmark:

Updates of the Hellcannon in progress… (still waiting on parts for my 1st warrior unit grrrrr). Dwarf wall from Battle for Skull Pass is going to get cut up and demolished somewhat methinks… Maybe something to what the orcs did to the King’s head in LoTR- Return of the King

Hellcannon Side

Hellcannon Side

Hellcannon Back

cornixt:

Ah, the hellcannon. It has taken me so long to file off the mould lines and greenstuff all the gaps that I still haven’t finished putting mine together yet. What colours did you use for the faces on the barrel?

Xander:

Looking marvelous! Can’t wait for more pics. :slight_smile:

Ghrask Dragh:

I really like that dull, worn gold you have on the crew masks and cannon! what is your technique?

Great Standard top too is there going to be a banner aswell?

Very good ideas with the spikey mohawk (I already had planned to do something like that for one of my warrior helms, great minds think alike eh!) and the sorcerer’s helm. Keep it up, I look forward to more!

Hammerhand:

Looking good my friend, I love the sorceror, consider that idea stolen!

Willmark:

In Order:

Ah, the hellcannon. It has taken me so long to file off the mould lines and greenstuff all the gaps that I still haven’t finished putting mine together yet. What colours did you use for the faces on the barrel?

cornixt
I used a burnt umber (light brown), then dry-brushed with white. Then added a yellow wash. I don’t use GW paints.
I really like that dull, worn gold you have on the crew masks and cannon! what is your technique?
Great Standard top too is there going to be a banner aswell?

Ghrask Dragh
1. Start with a bronze color, lightly dry-brush gold, then thin black wash.
2. Standard? For the warriors? Assuming that yes there with be a banner , two in fact, I have already sketched them out as to what they will be.
Looking good my friend, I love the sorcerer, consider that idea stolen!

Hammerhand
Have at it!

Canix:

Nice original stuff ,like the wip state showing there development .Cool take mate those warriors are amazing:hat off

Willmark:

Bit of a rush on the last three photos, but the first give a good impression where this stands now. Almost done with it, the base is the last major thing to do.

Traitor King:

Man, how did i miss this?

Thats one sweet hellcannon, I dig the white on the faces on the basrrel. How did you do it?

Willmark:

Yeah how did you??? :wink: JK. I was beginning to think people didn’t like my work!

In all seriousness the barrel was pretty easy:
1. Undercoat white matte spray paint.
2. Dry brush light brown
3. Dry brush white
4. Yellow wash the barrel
5. Retouch any spots that get messed up from the silver parts of the barrel.

(NOTE: I don’t use GW paints so YMMV)
That’s it.

Lord Darkash:

Some great stuff here. Really liking that beaten gold colour on the masks of the crew, would steal it, but i dont think it would suit my guys since they dont really have masks. THat sorcerer is looking awesome to!

Hammerhand:

Awesome!! That hellcannon is just superb! like what you did with the dwarf statues, It all makes it one colossal centre piece!

Willmark:

Some updates to the ongoing project.

As you can now see the Hellcannon is 99% done. I only have to touch up a few things here and there as well as add a few bits of static grass; plus finish off the human head on the side.

Still waiting on parts from the damn hobby shop down the way. Next time order direct from GW is what I will be doing. But thus far here is my first unit of CD infantry.

Lastly my start to my Lammasu, not much but gives an early indication of the direction he will be going. Plus I’m filing down the beard, no curly beards need apply in this army!

Willmark:

UPDATE: Tonight I should have pics that I was “teasing” about… parts finally came in for my general! Got a bit done on him last night and there is still more to go, but the basic shape is mostly done.

Also I have some other “secret parts” that are going along with him that will be displayed at a later point, gotta build the excitement on the blog and all.

Canix:

That lurking dreadnaught anything to do with the general? The hellcanon base is really coming together now,wot no lava

Willmark:

That lurking dreadnaught anything to do with the general? The hellcanon base is really coming together now,wot no lava

Canix
LOL. No lava, love the effect and it has been modeled very well by several people. Want to do my own bit. My army is raiding the ruined holds in the World's Edge Mts (western side nearer the border princes), so no lava for me.

Nope on the dread.... good guess, but that is the last thing to paint for my Space Marines. As far as to WHAT it will be for my general.... I'll have to keep you all guessing!

Traitor King:

How about the vague thing with a cool axe in the background :wink: ?

Willmark:

Well got something completed, check here:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6573

And Oh yeah… working on the general right now. :wink: