[Archive] [8-16-2018] Willmark's Chaos Stunty Army Project-WARNING PIC HEAVY!

Willmark:

Update:

General mostly done still working on smoothing out his beard with more definition… so you get the idea… here he is!

Xander:

Whoa, love that axe. Well crafted! That is hard to make look right!

Awesome stuff. Totally loving your army.

Willmark:

Hey thanks Xander! Coming from you that is high praise indeed!

Traitor King:

Wow. That was the [[BFSP]] guy?

Incredible.

Willmark:

Yep, used the dwarf thane as the basis.

In order here are the various parts used to create this guy (I was hoping someone would ask). :slight_smile:
Dwarf thane from [[BFSP]]
Classic Archaon’s head
Left arm from the Empire knights sprue
Blade from the zombie sprue for the fist/gauntlet
2 shoulder pads from the marauder sprue
Feet from a chaos warrior from the chaos warrior sprue
Arm from a dwarf axe (the shaft part)
2 marauder leader axes
Spikes from the chaos warrior sprue

Lots of green stuff!

And there you have it, 1 unique CD general.

Willmark:

Since I have to work @ my part time job the next two nights there won’t be any updates till at least Saturday so without further ado…

Here is what my general will be riding into battle on. Writing up some rules for it being a throne from one of the ruined dwarf holds (perhaps Karak Eight Peaks, or Karak Azgal) and then captured my my CDs… Brought back to Zharr-Naggrund and teh chaos dwarf sorcerers “went to town on it”. The throne will have capture banners on the back as well as some severed heads perhaps, we’ll see.

So here are the photos with the unit and by itself. Please note that a good number of warriors and the throne bearers have had zero converting to them or minimal. In the case of the warriors some still need a lot of green stuff work.

wallacer:

Tremendous.

That’ll look mighty impressive when you’ve finished it.

Ghrask Dragh:

Very impressive!

excellent idea and some really nice conversion work on the lord too. I like the idea of the captured banners, you don’t really see enough evidence of our conflict with the Dawi through armies like that, notes have been made for my

army :hat off

That’ll look mighty impressive when you’ve finished it.
:cheers

Kobarf:

Wow I’m loving that throne. Surprised nobody else came up with that :).

I’m looking forward to seeing it finished!

Some nifty conversion work on your other guys too btw.

Kobarf

Willmark:

Wow I'm loving that throne. Surprised nobody else came up with that :).
I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!
Some nifty conversion work on your other guys too btw.

Kobarf

Kobarf
Hey thanks guys!

Kobarf. You see I'm a trend setter, now EVERYONE will want a CD general on a throne. Then you'll be able to say you knew way back! ;)

Willmark:

UPDATES:

New recruits have arrived in the form of a unit of 19 Big Uns and a start of 20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors armed with 2-handed weapons. I say 19 for the orcs because GW in their infinite wisdom only puts 19 in the damn box, what a bunch of losers! So now I need to find one orc to round out the unit. They are armed with 2 hand weapons as you will see below.

Also found my wolf riders I painted several years back for no particular reason. After I cut of the feet to duplicate and make a mold for the hobbos on foot I will be revamping them for hobgoblins in the service of the Chaos Dwarfs.

Tonight I am hoping to finish green-stuffing my fist CD warrior unit.

Anyways on to the pics:

Canix:

The headless horde,coming along nicely there that hero with archerons head is cool ,any painting yet!

Willmark:

Yeah the Hellcannon is complete, its in the showcase section of the website. I have been working on getting a bunch of figures ready to go before painting, because usually once I start, I will knock out unit after unit. When I have the momentum going I like to have a bunch of units ready to go.

Xander:

I like Two-Headed Battle Axes. What can I say? :stuck_out_tongue:

Very nice work. :slight_smile:

Chaos prince:

Hi:hat off

I’m new on this forum:exclamation:

The first thing i want to say is: awesome ,i really enjoied your CD’s:cheers

Now i really want to start converting and paint my models:P

Willmark:

Cool thanks for the comments! I feel honored that your first post is on my army blog. Now get cracking so we can see pics of your army as you start it. :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Well finally, some new updates as to the direction of the army:

The 1st chaos sorcerer is now nearing completion:

More work has been completed on the general’s throne:

The general himself has now been primed and is ready to be painted.

This first unit of chaos dwarf warriors is seemingly taking forever. The reason… waiting on parts yet again. but it is at least primed.

And last but not least I have started on my first slave unit: a unit of 20 Big Un’s with two hand weapons!

More updates to come but been a bit busy lately.

Traitor King:

Heh, Some nice updates.

I especialy like the banners on the throne, Its coming on nicely.

Willmark:

UPDATE

I have been busily working along on the army though this update may not seem like it. I finally got all of my CD warriors converted for my first 30 dwarf infantry unit.

This unit will be accompanying my general and his throne. The snag ended up being the throne bearers as I did not like the green stuffing I had done  on them. So I went back to the drawing board. Also the throne bearers were not fitting entirely right on the 40x60 mm base. While they are not complete now, I like them much better and have a much clearer understanding of how I will model them. Of course that means I had to order yet more chaos warrior heads… so they are in the mail now.

Also while not as tricky as multi-part chaos warriors, getting these guys to rank up correctly was anything but fun.

NOTE: for the standard bearer: the dwarf shield in not primed on the standard pole.

I also started painting my general: Lord Xardin, scroll down to see his WIP pics.

clam:

This is exactly how a blog should by IMO. You take us all the the way - step by step - thx! :hat off

And Willmark! - I love you work - and that Lord really deserves that throne. Can’t hardly wait to see it painted though:)