[Archive] [8-16-2018] Willmark's Chaos Stunty Army Project-WARNING PIC HEAVY!

clam:

First of all, I’m glad that your classis CDs finally finds their way to this blog - really can’t get enough of these old fellars :slight_smile:

And you conversions are - as allways - very, very nice :hat off

The Blocs are comming out nicely and that Death Rocket is awesome.

But then I saw this :sick

Lastly after much debate I have decided to go with metal hobgoblins for my infantry and archers. with my latest eBay purchase my archers are now complete (once they arrive and i already have 1 unit of ten painted). This unit of infantry is going to be 20 hobbos. I plan on having 2 units of 10 each as well. With 1 slave unit of various races, perhaps two… as count as of course.  This unit will also server as a bodyguard for my second sorcerer on foot.

Willmark
NOOO! I wanted so much to see you take on these - you can’t take these standard metal hobbos in this beautifully all converted army - please redo that decision - will you? - please … please?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking good. Very effective rusty armour on the Orcs. Rarely have I heard of people hiding sorcerers (or even non-sorcerers) in hobgbolin units. One quick thing, that helmet works PERFECTLY for CDs… Good choice :wink:

Vredesbyrd:

Some awesome stuff here mate, I really like the captured Grudge Throne idea - have you any special rules for it or is it just a CD Lord on foot? I think your Lammasu is a huge improvement on the stock mini, it looks much more imposing and deserving of its Terror rules. :hat off

Willmark:

Thanks guys.

Yeah as noted on the podcast the lammasu is definately my favorite model. I should really come up with a good idea for the banners.

As for the general. Right now I use him as count as, essentially on foot. I have some preliminary special rules for it.

Willmark:

Minor Update

Finally finished something, 2 old school bazuka which I repainted. I even go a bit carried away and made movement bases, movement bases for two figures? hmmm.

Of special note these guys allow me to get a silver gallery contributor badge as I now have models in 15 different categories… get taking photos and start posting yours as as well: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=41

I’m continuing to amass hobgoblin models for the army, right now I have my first hobgoblin unit of to 18 with two more coming to bring it to 20. I have also started acquiring models for two 10 hobgoblin warrior units.

The first hobbo warrior unit (the one with 20)  and the 10 hobbo archer unit might be the next ones to work on as they are drawing my interest.

Right now I’m not going that fast as I have been tied up with other things in life, moderator responsibilities, as well as being distracted by the Olympics (lately). however, as I noted in the podcast I do not need to rush now as I’m over 3,000 points already.

Lastly, I’ve also got 25 Sneaky Gits coming!

Ghrask Dragh:

Hurray, Willmark goes old-skool, awesome!!

Great job on the Bazooka team, red armour works well and the bases are really cool too :cheers

Sweet update,

btw I remember talking to you the other day about the new Chaos Warriors but then I must of like blacked out or something, what happened there? Oh well, keep up the good work!

Kera foehunter:

great group of hobos willmark

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, despite those things, rush anyway :stuck_out_tongue: I like seeing new things in your blog, Willmark. It’s almost as good as a cake injection, he he he :wink:

jester:

nice stuff keep up the great work buddy

Willmark:

Thanks.

For those wondering I have been in a bit of a lull this summer for a number of reasons (Site duties, house work and those darn Olympics!) However there is now a quite formidable horde of models on my poor painting desk that is starting to groan under the weight of it all.

Suffice of to say there is a lot more to come! At least 9-10 more units easy. :o

I have even started assembling a count as Chaos Dwarf crossbow unit!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Then stop typing and keep assembling :stuck_out_tongue: Got a lot of catching up to do :wink:

Kera foehunter:

well crack the whip willmark !!! your slaves are going soft

Willmark:

Heh, finally freed, Up My fantasy football draft was tonight so by end of the week I should have some new stuff completed.

Willmark:

Update

The gathering horde for Phase II of WCSTAP continues with more recruits arriving. First off even though I wasn’t planning on adding them for quite some time an offer came up and I pounced on it. Now 25 Sneaky gits are awaiting their movement tray and priming on my painting table.

Due to another trade I now have parts to assemble another orc to round out my unit of 30 Big-Un’s. Basically this is a chaos warrior torso with a chaos warrior body and Orc arms and a head. Green stuffing remains but as I have done this before to create another Orc via the same method I’m confident that he will go together quickly.

Still have to green stuff quite a bit of him.

Work on the Death rocket continues. I tried adding fenders to it and it didn’t work out right so I scrapped the idea. next up is green stuffing the flames from the rockets themselves and I now have a good idea of how I will attempt the smoke for them.

As you can see I added more rockets coming out of the barrels to represent it just firing.

Lastly, my finished mortar, sorry about the dark first pic. The scenic base was left intentionally plain echoing back to when it was glued to a piece of card painted cr*ppy green with stacked BBs to represent cannons balls… :rolleyes:

Kera foehunter:

wow you have been busy. great job on the orc conversion

Xander:

Wicked stuff! Keep it up. :slight_smile:

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Wow, that chaos warrior body is perfect for it … looking good already :wink: I’ll be looking forward to your next updates :).

wallacer:

A movement tray for a Bazooka. You crazy sod :stuck_out_tongue:

Willmark:

A movement tray for a Bazooka.  You crazy sod :P

wallacer
Yah, I did go a bit overboard on that!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Congratulations for the deal and for getting the parts for that last orc. It’s good to hear that there is another like him as it looks good and means he’ll fit in just fine :smiley: Death rocket looks even better with more rockets… How do you plan to do the smoke then?