[Archive] A Dark Alliance... Ishkur Cinderhat vs Ghrask Dragh

Obsidian:

Lol, it was a present from my mates (ex-colleagues) from GW! In the note it said it would keep me busy giving my wife more time for herself!:smiley:

My marriage didn’t cost me much and I can tell you we had a very big wedding! :wink:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Oh well, while Ghrask needs to find a camera that is good enough to really capture all the glory of his unit, I’ll post some better pictures shot today at daylight. :hat

Indeed I put a lot more effort into the horses, they are the real stars of this unit - very dynamic, full of details and stuff. Funny enough I have actually ever only painted one horse in all those years in WHFB, so I was not aware of the horrors of painting a whole unit of them!

@clam: I mostly some purple on them (it’s hormagaunt purple, actually, so I like to refer to these skins as Hormagaunt skins ^^) to better tie them with my Wulfrik - and the green shields fit nicely to my Nurgle Warriors.

Bassman:

Wow :o the second horseman is amzing! I’m longing to see what Ghrask has done to match such awesomeness. :slight_smile:

Swissdictator:

Ishkur: Very nice Marauder horsemen, and the close up has given me a small lesson in making shields look better. Very nice job.

As Bassman said: Looking forward to Ghrask’s work.

Sojourn:

holy Ish… amazing. I love the look the horses have. in the further away pics it looks dry-brushed. very soft highlighting accents, but up close I see it’s not dry brushing after all! plus, that purple in phenomenal and the metal/steel on the armour looks great. very ‘worn’ in the right places, realistic looking.

I like. :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

wow love the snow on the horse men!! great job !!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

plus, that purple in phenomenal and the metal/steel on the armour looks great. very 'worn' in the right places, realistic looking.

Sojourn
That's the "Hormagaunt Purple" foundation paint - quite a cool colour I must say. And that's why I like to refer to these as "Hormagaunt skins" on the horses. My marauders are *really* tough, you know. :cheers

Hm, two days past the deadline and no news from Ghrask. One can see how long dark alliances between chaos warbands last these days. *sob* :(

Bassman:

Hm, two days past the deadline and no news from Ghrask. One can see how long dark alliances between chaos warbands last these days. *sob* :(

Ishkur Cinderhat
That's the result of diverting from our beloved Hashut to worship lesser Chaos gods! :hashut

Go back to your Chaos Dwarfs or your destiny will be the same of Ghrask! :hat

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Hah, you just wait until GHVIII is upon us, Bass! :hashut

Bassman:

Hah, you just wait until GHVIII is upon us, Bass! :hashut

Ishkur Cinderhat
Are you going to join? :o That's means I'll never win! :(
Ahhahaha, I'll do my best to beat Chaos Worshippers like you! :hashut

Kera foehunter:

ishkur you can’t win !!! you have no room for it under your avatar for the gh8

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Damn you’re right Kera… but I could make my Avatar smaller, then there’s space again. :slight_smile:

Ghrask Dragh:

First of all, my apologies to Ishkur Cinderhat for the lateness of my post.

I offer you 50 slaves by way of an apology, these are indeed the same slaves I trusted to bring you the pics of my horde and the same ones that are at fault for the whole thing, deal with them as you please. :smiley:

Ok, aswell as poor timing I have also had problems with my cameras so these are the best pics I can get at the moment but enough of the crying…

… the banner will be finished when I’ve actually decided on where my elligances lie, the armour has changed colour a few times too :smiley:

Oh and I will probably do a little something extra with the bases, I was thinking about snow but as I have already done that with ny Chaos Dwarfs I’m not sure about these.

Well :hat off Ishkur the first round goes to you :wink: I have learned from my mistakes though… next time it may no be so easy.

Obsidian:

Looking good so far, I feel the horses would benefit from some highlights they also look a bit shiny. Intentional or do you still need to tone that down?

Kera foehunter:

love the bases like the bronze / gold of there armor

Ghrask Dragh:

Thanks!

Looking good so far, I feel the horses would benefit from some highlights they also look a bit shiny. Intentional or do you still need to tone that down?

Obsidian
I agree about the highlights, I was trying to keep everything as dark as I could and didn’t like the highlights I originally put on there but I will have to go back and try and get them just right.
I hate using flash on pics but unfortunetly it was the only way I could get decent pics (well half decent pics) but it’s still a new camera and I will get the hang of it :wink:

Oh and Happy Birthday Ishkur Cinderhat!! :cheers

Xander:

I should totally invade this thread with pics of my own Warriors of Chaos.

Stellar work so far, guys!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

A very neat paintjob, and worth the wait. Thanks for the slaves, too. I shall make good use of them! :hat off

The metal colours are very nice, even through the flash. I seem to make out some highlights on the horses but they can’t be seen all too clearly. Try to make some more photos during daylight, it also paid off here. :slight_smile: You should certainly use the snow idea - it looks so cool on your chaos dwarfs and was one of the main reasons why I turned to a cold tundra theme for my own chaos warriors again.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

bump so… Ghrask, what’s next on our list? :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

pirates !!! if you want to do something cool!!