[Archive] A Dark Alliance... Ishkur Cinderhat vs Ghrask Dragh

Ghrask Dragh:

Good question. Shall we do a character or another unit? If we are thinking Chaos Spearhead we could go…

Chaos Hounds

Sigvlad (something like that :~)

Chaos Knights

Khorne Lord :slight_smile:

Chaos Chosen (would be interesting)

Mounted Chaos Lord

…what do you think mate?

Xander:

I vote for Chaos Chosen! :smiley:

Sojourn:

gotta say Ghrask… NICE PAINTING… I love the intensity of the browns. it’s warm, but not ‘friendly’ they’re still intimidating :wink:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Good question. Shall we do a character or another unit? If we are thinking Chaos Spearhead we could go...

Chaos Hounds
Sigvlad (something like that :~)
Chaos Knights
Khorne Lord :)
Chaos Chosen (would be interesting)
Mounted Chaos Lord

...what do you think mate?

Ghrask Dragh
I'd definitely say a character, as we're both probably quite occupied with the GH8, aren't we? Also, we always need to reward ourselves with a nice quick character, after the pain of painting a whole unit. :cheers

Let's see, what can I offer: Nurgle Scorceror, Chaos Spawn, Daemon prince, Mounted Lord. ^^

Ghrask Dragh:

I'd definitely say a character, as we're both probably quite occupied with the GH8, aren't we? Also, we always need to reward ourselves with a nice quick character, after the pain of painting a whole unit. Cheers!

Let's see, what can I offer: Nurgle Scorceror, Chaos Spawn, Daemon prince, Mounted Lord. ^^

Ishkur
Yes you are ;) I like the idea of a character.

What base size is the daemon prince? I have one but it's pretty big, if it's too big then the mounted Lord would be my next choice...

Ishkur Cinderhat:

The daemon prince is not too big actually, it’s based on an Inquisitor Model and on a 40mm square base. I would strip and remake this one, most probably -

Ghrask Dragh:

OK, I’ve had a rumage around and I think I have found something that will suffice, I’ll go for Daemon Prince.

I know you are working on your GH8 entry so I will leave it to you to decide the deadline date and so forth.

So, next update… Daemon Prince!

:cheers

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I know you are working on your GH8 entry

Ghrask Dragh
Indeed I am.. and you're not? :o

I'd like to set the deadline to March 15th. If that's OK with you? Cheers! :cheers

clam:

Glad you could join in, Ghrask D :smiley:

Worth waiting for :hat off I love your colour scheme, but would like to see some less flashy pictures - please.

And hopefully, you are also working on your GH VIII - entry - right :wink:

Ghrask Dragh:

Thanks clam, poor pics I know, will do better next time :hat off

15th it is!

I think I will find something to enter just to get the entries up and break the record but nothing new I’m afraid :stuck_out_tongue: trust me I have a good reason :slight_smile: will update my blog soon.

I started my Daemon prince earlier on and I’ve also decided to align myself with a god, I won’t tell you which one but I’ll give you a clue…

Blood for the blood god! Skulls for his skull throne!!

(don’t tell bassman :D)

wallacer:

Both armies are coming along well.

I like dark tones and snowy bases for Chaos.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well, it’s deadline day again. :slight_smile: May I present Grand-Vezier Vashroth Coldclaw, my pimped and reworked daemon prince of old…!

I’m not 100% happy with how the frozen hands have turned out, and I have yet to decide whether there should be any Chaos graffity / runework on the stone. I am however quite satisfied with the wings, I find them a lot better now than in his old incarnation. :slight_smile:

Come on Ghrask - time now for you to wow us! ^^

warh:

nice prince of chaos:):):slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

looks great ish !!!

Canix:

Swooperb ! The armour plates look excellent but are hard to see well in these photos ,great conversion :hat off

clam:

Awesome work Ishkur - he looks really great - would have been nice with a few close up’s (Head/torso/hands/weapon) to really see how he turned out.

Is this the Damien 1427 model? Awesome conversion …

And what are you using for snow - it looks so cool - haha! :wink:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Is this the Damien 1427 model? Awesome conversion ...

clam
Indeed, that's him! The head is from a different =I= model, I think it was that posessed guy. The original conversion dates back to the days when the online store sold all the bitz separately *sighs*
And what are you using for snow - it looks so cool - haha! ;)
Ah, the snow is my own very special recipe! ;)

Ghrask Dragh:

Amazing work Ishkur, the wings are stunning and the whole pose really works, nice conversion!!

Cool avatar clam, I like it! :cheers

I made it on time this update, but still in need of a few touch ups :rolleyes:

Will get some more and better pics and try and do something with the base when I get an idea worthy of it, not entirely happy with this base or how he fits on there. The weapon isn’t glued either, when I find an axe big enough I shall replace it :slight_smile:
I love Ultraforge mini’s!! they are so detailed it’s ridiculous and such fun to paint :smiley: I can’t wait to get painting this guy…

:cheers

Swissdictator:

NICE! Looking awesome Ghrask!

The bloodthirster turned out very nice! That’s an impressive center piece! Makes me want to do some Khorne demons!

clam:

It’s an awesome figure Ghrask - and he looks so great painted :slight_smile: Thanks for guiding me in direction of Ultraforge.

The Lord of Change looks cool too - hope you find the time to paint this one soon, but first we want to see some painted chaotic dwarfs, please :smiley:

How big is he actually? If you are doing more pics - please give us one to show it’s scale :cheers

EDIT: Found it myself 5½ inches -Now, that what I call a Daemon Prince :smiley: - but still, please post a scale picture.

Indeed, that’s him! The head is from a different =I= model, I think it was that posessed guy. The original conversion dates back to the days when the online store sold all the bitz separately sighs

Ishkur Cinderhat
Yeah, those where the days :wink:

Ah, the snow is my own very special recipe! :wink:

Yeah! that’s a Ishkur Speciality - I see - and thx! - I might give that a try.
Cool avatar clam, I like it! :cheers

Ghrask Dragh
Yes, isn’t it - and it’s made especially for me by our very own Mr. Pyro Stick, so thx again, Pyro :hat off