[Archive] A Dark Alliance... Ishkur Cinderhat vs Ghrask Dragh

Kera foehunter:

wow nice come back Ghrask !! it looks great

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wow dude that guy has character! :hat off It’s oozing power and a mean attitude. So you are going into the Khorne direction with your army?

Now next up should be a regiment again. I leave it up to you to decide! Maybe we should also post pics of the finished units of the army together every now and then, to better visualize our progress?

theblackmage:

drops dead from sheer awesomeness

that 'thirster is just pure awesome, I mean, wow, if only you’d painted the tzeetch one instead though:o:cheers

clam:

So, what are we to see next, Ghrask ? Marauders, Warriors, Chosen, Knights?? Would really like to see Marauders :wink:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I think Ghrask was eaten by his daemon prince. Haven’t got any response of him lately… :slight_smile:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Quick update: Ghrask and me agreed that next up are chaos hounds, deadline April 15th.

Get painting Ghrask! :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

Well good luck !! can’t wait to see who will be first !!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Deadline day! ^^

Well I’m a bit early but since I will go to the other side of Austria today to stay with my parents for a few days, I figured it would be better to be early, lest I miss the deadline by 3 days! :o

I have to say the Chaos Hounds are a fun little regiment to assemble. They are a bit less fun to paint, will all that fur, the little horns and thorns, the spiky bits on their tails, the wounds, the teeth and what not.

To make the regiment a bit more interesting anyway, I added a handler to the pack, in best Conan-style. Hope you like 'em! Can’t wait to see what Ghrask comes up with when I return on Saturday. :cheers

Arashi:

Wow Ishkur, love that unit! And the handler really suits in very well!

Alfract:

Damn those warhounds are just EPIC, love the one with the handler.

Bassman:

The handler is a great touch. His painting is brilliant. My compliments.

clam:

Awesome - as always.

If that’s the standard for your Marauder Warriors I’ll really be looking forward to see the hole unit when finished. So please let them be next :wink: The Beastmaster is absolutly brilliantly modeled and painted :hat off

Love the colours on the beasts. What colours did you use for the Hound skin? It’s very dark but match the black fur very well. Is it scorched brown?

And then have a nice vacation - it’s well deserved.

Now let’s see yours Mr. Ghrask D :smiley:

Sojourn:

I don’t keep up on this thread NEARLY enough. :frowning:

as for the daemons on the previous page. jaw drops Ghrask, I love the bone (so much, it looks like you found a mini-horn from a real animal and attached it) and the bright red on your guy… excellent. Ish, phenomenal staff and overall stellar painting.

as for Ish’s new hounds… PUPPIES! they’re great looking. even if they’re “less fun to paint” the pale green is a nice accent and flawless in anycase. can’t wait to see Ghrask’s next entry.

Ghrask Dragh:

How the hell do I compete with that :smiley: with one eye on Golden Daemon this one really crept on me, I will have mine posted before Ishkur gets back!

Ishkur your handler conversion is amazing, excellent work through this unit, I like the greens you have used for the scales and biting horns :slight_smile:

I have been really impressed with every single GW plastic set they have brought out recently and these are no different, really fun mini’s!!

Kera foehunter:

look great !!ish !! how did you paint the black they look great!!

but the guy looks like a cool tall pirate dwarf he he

warh:

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!

what model did you use for the beastmaster?

Swissdictator:

The handler is a great touch. His painting is brilliant. My compliments.

Bassman
Quoted for truth. Truly impressive work my friend!

clam:

How the hell do I compete with that :D with one eye on Golden Daemon this one really crept on me, I will have mine posted before Ishkur gets back!

Ghrask Dragh
Some off us are still waiting for Ishkur to come back - longest 3 days ever :D

Come on 'G' - they can't be that bad.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Unfortunately, Lord Ghrask has shelved his plans for old world conquest for the near future due to 40k-related projects. :frowning:

This means I will probably move my documentation of the progress with this army into a separate blog. Alternatively, I would be very happy to continue the “Dark Alliance” with someone else. Surely there are other fledgling chaos tyrants out there!

Dino:

Sad. I loved following this. I’d love to join you, but lizzies and commission work have most of my painting time at the moment. Sorry.