[Archive] A quick poll/discussion

Necrotique:

Just wondering what the most is you’ve spent on any mini and if you can remember what it was?

It has to have been one used for GW games, so just FW or GW, or one designed by a company specifically for use with GW models. This can include models off eBay or other people.

I hope that made sense :slight_smile:

:cheers

Grimstonefire:

The Iron Daemon at £50 is the most I’ve spent on a single mini.

After this it would be £30,  (Leman Russ, Hellcannon, Abomination). Not that I actually paid retail price for 2 of those.

Zanko:

1. The 3rd editon Juggernaut costs me 125 Euros!  Till now it was my most expensive model ever!  

2) 1986 (I presume) I bought the Grenadier Goblin-Giant for 125DM and at that time I was a pupil and earned no money!

:hashut

Necrotique:

@Zanko - what country are DM the currency for? Sorry if I sound offensive, I was never that great at economics.

My biggest spend would have been the $360 for the War Mammoths, which I can’t wait to arrive. I usually don’t spend that much on models but there you go.

Persides that there’s the Realm of Battle Gameboard extension for $151 and the mighty fortress for $80 on eBay (P+P included)

Oh, and Tamurkhan on the Toady for $160 (but I got a free one due to it being miscast, so effectively got them for $80 each)

Fallen246:

I have only bought blisters for a single model, no big metal kits.

So under $50 for me.

Pyro Stick:

I think the Hellcannon is the most expensive thing ive bought, unless you want to count a rhino with forge world reinforced armour and iron warrior door set but that counts as three purchases although they are all for the same model.

Zanko:

@Zanko - what country are DM the currency for? Sorry if I sound offensive, I was never that great at economics.

Necrotique
DM was the old German currency before the Euro - it means "Deutsche Mark"! ;P

At the time of monetary reform 2 DM corresponded 1 Euro!

:hashut

Grimstonefire:

Just to be clear for people, Necrotique is presumably using Australian $.

So (apprx)

Less than £32

Less than £65

Less than £197

Less than £328

Less than £656

:slight_smile:

GRNDL:

Forgeworld Chaos Warhound, $650 Cdn + shipping and duty, so it came in around $800 when all is said and done. I don’t really view it as a mini, though, and more of a premium model kit, so maybe it doesn’t count.

If you’re talking a single miniature, then it has to be what I won on Ebay last week: Zsdul Kancoral, which was a mini sculpted to match the winning entry of a competition in the first Citadel Compendium. I spent $70 Cdn on a 25mm scale model, but to me it has sentimental value, as the winning artwork inspired me greatly.

Necrotique:

Sorry about the currency rate, hope it isn’t too much of a problem :slight_smile:

@GRNDL - I know what you mean. To be honest, the Chaos Mammoths are the same for me as they will take me ages to paint and convert.

I thought that any orders over 250 quid were free P+P, or was this a while ago? Can I have pictures of it? Haven’t seen many warhounds - only one at my local store a while ago, and it looked very boring (just looked like bronze dry-brushed with a copper colour)

Naagruz:

Sticking to non-war machines, the most I recall spending on a single figure was ~$100 US for the original Lichemaster from the 1986 WFB scenario mail order. It was one I had missed ordering back in the day & it irked me for years.:smiley:

nitroglysarine:

one mini. the new fw model so… £11ish.

GRNDL:

@GRNDL - I know what you mean. To be honest, the Chaos Mammoths are the same for me as they will take me ages to paint and convert.
I thought that any orders over 250 quid were free P+P, or was this a while ago? Can I have pictures of it? Haven't seen many warhounds - only one at my local store a while ago, and it looked very boring (just looked like bronze dry-brushed with a copper colour)

Necrotique
Well, I can take pics of the kit and parts if you like. Its become a bit of a monkey on my back. I got it back in like 2004 or so, when it first came out and I was seriously into Chaos. However, about 2 years later I lost interest in the Chaos armies and never got around to building it. I still plan to, but my queue for big projects per year is stacked. Last year I completed a kit that I have had in my collection for 10 years, so I think its still possible.

The interior is what makes it amazing, IMO. Fully detailed, with the crew wired in and grown into the titan. I want to build it stepping over a wall, crushing an imperial dreadnought under its foot and an Imp guardsman cowering at the other side of the wall hoping he isn't seen. The title would be "Cover or religion: everyone finds something." One day... one day...

Sorry to disappoint you.

As for the free shipping. Yeah, I believe I qualified for it, but that was a long time ago and for my last few FW orders (a few being close to $500 Cdn) I still had to pay for shipping, IIRC.

Blue in VT:

Wow some power spenders on here…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I think the most I’ve ever paid for a figure is my copy of the Marauder Giant…which was like $28…new. The most I’ve paid for a 28mm would be one of the MM15 Marauder Dwarfs (hat waver) that I paid $20 for.

Cheers,

Blue

Abecedar:

Original Juggernaut $600.00 Australian ( approx 520.00us at the time). $25.00 to 30.00 odd I think for the CD Marauder Sorcerer about 40.00 for the lammasu and rider, 2nd & 3rd ed. CD’s some up to S15.00 ish for individuals.

saearath:

$AUS600 Years ago on a Warmammoth, back when Oz dollar was trading closer 1 pound to 3 dollars.

Ogre_Mage:

Iron Daemon is the most expensive I’ve bought, other then that it would be my 10x Bloodcrushers (the slightly older metal ones) at $30 each

wallacer:

I think the most i’ve spent on a GW figure was the WoTR Mumakil.

snowblizz:

Hmmm…

Mk1 Netherlord was £50

I have a Stompa (well two, but one was a gift) that was… more… �,�95 I think

FW Keeper of Secrets, 95£ I think.

Wait, wait, I got it. The Heresy Dragon for £100, though it is now retailing for £200 and I haven’t even gotten it yet.

When I get my Ph D I’m buying myself a Chaos Reaver though.

Necrotique:

@Saeareth - could you upload photos of your warmammoth? I have two on the way soon and was wanting to look at one with better angles than most photos as I’ll be converting one extensively.