[Archive] ACTUAL free stuff from GW!

Grimstonefire:

I know! :o I had to read that part twice.

It’s been over a year since we launched the new games-workshop.com site in the US. Since then we have been adding new versions for the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Holland, Eire, Denmark, Australia and Canada.

With one website, we can now add new content and features in five languages at the same time - you can already see the results with What’s New Today, Astronomican and The Best of White Dwarf archive all launched in the last few weeks. And this is only the start…

Through the last year, we’ve had a lot of support and feedback from hobbyists around the world so we thought August would be a good time to have a bit of a celebration of the new games-workshop.com, so we’re having not one, but two prize draws for registered customers of games-workshop.com

Hobby Centre Competition

A Battleforce or Battallion to be won in every Hobby Centre

At the end of August, we’re going to be doing a prize draw for every Hobby Centre from all the registered customers who put that Hobby Centre down as “My Store”. The winning customer for each Hobby Centre (now with over 360 worldwide), will be able to choose a Battleforce of Battalion of their choice on their next visit. Terms and Conditions apply.

Global Competition

Three Global MEGAPRIZES

We’re also giving away three of the biggest prizes from Games Workshop ever in a global prize draw from all games-workshop.com registered customers`;

1st prize: A trip for two to visit Games Workshop HQ, The Studio and Wahammer World, including flights, train fares and hotel accommodation.

2nd prize: Every new product that Games Workshop releases for the next twelve months

3rd prize: A 5,000 point (game legal) Warhammer or Warhammer 40,000 army of your choice.

As with the other prize draw, Terms and Conditions apply.

How do you qualify for these prize draws? Simply register on games-workshop.com. If you’re already registered, you’re already in the prize draw. We’ll close both prize draws at the end of August and notify the winners in September by email.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=3300003a

Joshmohr:

Low chance of getting anything.

Grimstonefire:

I think if I won the 5000 points one I would get as many boxes of the new clanrats/slaves as I could and sell them on ebay at just under GW prices.  Then I would use all this money to buy things from an online store at 20% off!

2nd prize would take some serious ebaying to dump all the 40k and LoTR stuff.

First prize would be interesting, especially if it came early next year when we’d be looking at a new wave of rumours.

I’d probably prefer 3rd prize if I could choose.

Kera foehunter:

I thought you said free stuff !! heck i have a better chance of winning,By going to the fair and play rigged games by the Carnies

Joshmohr:

If i won the 5,000 PTS think i think that i would get all the Grotz for an apocalypse army… 1,666 Gretchen and 166 Runt Herders… Hehe

Kera foehunter:

well that would be away of getting a free cd army

Swissdictator:

Low chance of getting anything.

Joshmohr
Perhaps, but for no cost and minimal effort, I welcome it. I think it is kinda cool.

cornixt:

It’s not free stuff, it’s a lottery.

Swissdictator:

True, though for most of us we’re already entered it seems.

Patsy02:

I thought you said free stuff !! heck i have a better chance of winning,By going to the fair and play rigged games by the Carnies
Kera, you're awesome. But yeah, fun Warhammer-lottery, and no, I won't win anything, you won't win anything.

Canix:

Somebody will win and thats got to be good.The battleforce prize for each store is cool a little bit of a giveaway because their annual report is quite good particularly in this recession :hat

Loki:

I am shocked theose Global MEGAPRIZES are awesome, good to see GW giving somthing back :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

The only thing i got free from gw are the figures they had … but you has to pay for the white dwarf mag. first

two_heads_talking:

It's not free stuff, it's a lottery.

cornixt
It's a lottery that costs nothing to enter. While it might cost GW soemthing, it costs the consumer exactly 0 in currency.. that's free stuff to me..

Grimstonefire:

It’s probably tax deductible to them as well…  (edit:  I checked, it’s ‘promotional gifts’ less than £50 per customer are deductible), so the store level ones less than £50 after VAT are now.

I was thinking if they still had the moulds you could ask for a 5000 pt CD army made from all OOP models!  You could probably get £3000 for that!? :slight_smile:

Border Reiver:

I’ll likely throw my and the oldest’s name into the hat - if you don’t enter you can’t win and alll that rot. And if we don’t win, then we’re not out anything are we?

Taedae:

so for us US people, we are SoL?

we werent on the list of countries and the rules stated that it was for certain countries.

Willmark:

Not sure but cool. Would be funny if one of us won.

WoodenPickles:

The trip to englends kinda cool. But really I think 2nd place is really nice. Just think of those random army’s they put out every once in a while like if it was last year. You would have gotten a vamp army, a high elf army, a space marine army, a dwarf army, and 2 chaos armys. plus all the new stuff to sell whith the new army MUST HAVE craze.

Zanko:

Yeah cool move of GW! :hat off

Like always I believe I would not win! But perhaps …

Aaahhh it´s not important … :cheers

:hashut