[Archive] AGPO's army blog WARRIORS UPDATE (pic heavy)

AGPO:

I don’t tend to sell miniatures anyway, I always find a use for them somewhere down the lineand it gets expensive buying them again

Kera foehunter:

so does that mean you trade !!! Then when you want them back you trade back!

AGPO:

UPDATE: 15/9/2008
Okay, only a small update, but important as it takes me to enough painted models for 1,000pts (so if a mod is reading this medal please!).

These guys are my recently finished chaos ogres, who will be featuring as Ironguts in the army. I’ve still got to convert a new champion for the unit, as the one from the boxed set looks too much like the regular ogre. I decided to use a variety of skin tones to set the different models apart

Xander:

Quality seems ok, but the size is tiny! Bigger please! :wink:

Willmark:

Good job. Glad to see soneone else using chaos ogres. To me it is a natural fit, of course some people don’t like the look of said chaos ogres.

Xander:

I think the Chaos Ogres are some of the ugliest models still being sold. :wink:

But I am going to make a couple Ogres for my CDs. :slight_smile:

I also might make some Chaos Ogres for the new WoC, if I buy any of that army. It should be cool as they can wear Chaos Armour.

slev:

Chaos Ogres are easy to convert from Ogre Ironguts. Simply replace the Gut-Plates with marauder shields, and the normal shields with other Chaos shields. It’s then a case of adding horns to the helmets, and giving the unit champion a more chaotic weapon and you’re done.

This looks especially good if you use the plastic Ogre bodies to replace the ones on Dragon Ogres. Ties it all in nicely.

AGPO:

@ Kera - Nice try, but no I don’t ever part with any of my models once I’ve bought and assembled them.

@ Xander: I know, but for some reason photobucket won’t let me resize them. Any help with this would be appriciated

Willmark:

Chaos Ogres are easy to convert from Ogre Ironguts. Simply replace the Gut-Plates with marauder shields, and the normal shields with other Chaos shields. It's then a case of adding horns to the helmets, and giving the unit champion a more chaotic weapon and you're done.

This looks especially good if you use the plastic Ogre bodies to replace the ones on Dragon Ogres. Ties it all in nicely.

slev
That is if you like the look of the current line of ogre models, which I don't. I realize I'm in the minority on this one but the current range for the ogre is nothing short of heinous to me. YMMV.

With that said not a bad idea to make an ogre look more chaosish.

wallacer:

Fwiw, I use Rackham Wolfen figures as Chaos Ogres.

They do the job pretty well.

Kera foehunter:

where the tuba guy??of the chaos ogre he the only one i like

just kidding! great job

AGPO:

UPDATE 17th SEPTEMBER 2008

Okay, ogre pic resized Xander :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, in a more chaos dwarfy treat for you I have some WIP pics of my newly renovated Hellcannon. As it was this machine which originally inspired me to collect chaos dwarfs I figured it deserved a refit

As you can see the first five pics are angles on the hellcannon whereas the last two are wips on the crew. One of my CD engineers has been deputising for the last one whilst I made the moulds for my miner’s face masks. He’s now nearly complete. The biggest addition to the model was the new scenic base which allowed me to add all those cool chains you get in the box.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

This will look very cool… once painted completely and shot in daylight. :wink:

Kera foehunter:

what sized stand you use for the base of the cannon Agpo??

i like the flaming wrench

AGPO:

100x100 I.e. four large 50x50 bases.

@ Ishkur, I know what yyou mean but I’m normally at work or in training in daylight hours, so getting chances to take pictures are few and far between

Xander:

We want a group shot of all your stuff so far! :smiley:

Ghrask Dragh:

Nice job on the Hellcannon AGPO!!

Have you put 4 50mm bases together for the base?

We want a group shot of all your stuff so far! :smiley:

Xander
:cheers

AGPO:

We want a group shot of all your stuff so far! :D

Xander
More than happy to oblige, its on its way tomorrow
Nice job on the Hellcannon AGPO!!
Have you put 4 50mm bases together for the base?

Ghrask Dragh
I have indeed, although I recommend miliput rather than greenstuff for filling the gaps

slev:

Be givin’ thought to a daylight bulb lad. It be grand to be paintin’ under.

AGPO:

Ey that it be

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.