[Archive] AGPO's shiny blog of everything! (update 13/11/11)

al-hashut:

<

snyggejygge:

I love bloodbowl even though I haven´t played it in ages, looking forward to see your team!

AGPO:

UPDATE: 3rd SEPTEMBER 2008

Request granted Kera!

Okay, first up come Da Chiefs. The Super14 team have black as their main colour with yellow as a secondary colour andred flashes, so I borrowed this colour scheme (ish) for my orcs. This also makes them stand out from my Fantasy army and my space orks. I’ve got some nice scary black orc blockers to hold the line of scrimmage and crack a few opposition heads. There’s another one of these guys to follow pretty soon. I’ve always liked Black Orcs, they strike me as the props of the bloodbowl world, and who doesn’t like those cuddly front row cavemen?

There are some other orcs to come as well. These are slightly more WIP but are painted to gaming standard. So from left to right (first picture) Here come a blitzer, lineorc and a thrower. The lineorc obviously needs basing and the thrower is going to have a pigskin added to his hand once I’ve ordered another pack. These guys give a pretty good idea of where I’m taking the team modeling-wise

Next up are the Darklands Bulls. I thought the Bulls’ blue kit would make my hobbos look too much like night goblins, so I’ve stuck with the scheme from my WFB army. The chaos dwarfs will have a different scheme to the main army, which you will see in a future update. There are six hobbos in the team - four in the starting XI plus two reserves. If I need speed one or both of these may be swapped with a blocker. anyway here they all are

Finally, here’s a special preview. My chaos dwarf blockers have progressed well, and are nearly done. However, they will be featuring in my next post, entitled “How to scratch sculpt Chaos Dwarf Blockers, by AGPO.” As this will be rather a large post I don’t want to spoil it for you all (it’ll probablly be all there is in my next update ;)) so for now heres a shot of some models at four different stages. Hopefully this’ll whet your appitites:

clam:

Awesome, AGPO - they look very, very nice. And for what I can see great sculpts and paintjobs too. Would have loved bigger pictures though :slight_smile:

This, really makes me want to have a go for BB.

Kera foehunter:

great team like the orcs and the night gobos

AGPO:

The thread arises as if from the grave! Okay, these guys have to fit in between Bloodbowl, Chaos Dwarfs and the resurgance in my interest in 40k. (Not to mention uni and a full time job!). Despite this work has been done. The first necessary task was to expand my Chaos warrior units to have five models per rank. This will mean the building of several custom movement trays, not to mention tracking down a lot of 5th edition chaos warriors! Slaanesh’s servants were first to recive this treatment and photos will be on their way in a day or so. Secondly, my BoC now need a lot more core troops, and to that end I picked up a job lot of old plastic beastmen with great weapons. These will serve as Bestigor in the seperate army.

The plan will go something like this: I need all the core troops and important units for my mortals done for when the new book comes out. Namely marrauders, warriors and knights. This means the beastmen and daemons will take a backseat for a while. When the new book is out I’ll assess which special units merit inclusion and take up work on the beastmen and daemons again.

I will be paying far more attention to all my blogs in the next few weeks, so make sure you stay tuned

AGPO:

Thy’re not night gobbos Kera, they’re hobgoblins! There’s no nightgobbos in bloodbowl which is why I nicked the minis for my chaos dwarf team

Kera foehunter:

OOPS !!! SORRY Sweety they also look a little short for storm trooper to lol

AGPO:

Okay, in the vein of finally updating my blogs on a regular basis here’s some photos of my Slaaneshi warriors being refitted for the 7th edition:

The first unit, Silketh’s warband is the furthest from completion. Several models need basing up and theres a few highlights missing. The second picure features Milaenor’s Warband, which is done apart from one model near the back which still needs painting. The picture also contains my converted sorceress Lucira. The final unit, lead by an aspiring champion, is Felinus’ warband - the only one to be fully finished. All three units are fully converted, with no model having the same head/helmet and weapons as any other in the unit. They were painstaking to paint as the bone trim took seven highlights to get right in the days before foundation paints.

The units were all in three ranks of four, but when seventh edition came out this had to change. Each one had been sliced and diced to make them look dramitic and there was no way I could rank them up wider. Luckily I managed to get a box of the old chaos warriors off Ebay to help sort out some of my units and boost them up to fifteen strong. Next time I’ll post a Slaanesh group shot with the new Chaos Knights I’m converting for them, plus maybe some of my Tzeentch stuff if I get round to it.

Xander:

Your pics are so small! We want big ones, nice and close up! :wink:

AGPO:

Sorry dude, as I said in my other blog, its Photobucket rather than me I’m afraid. Does anyone know how to make pictures larger on that site?

Kera foehunter:

great group is that a guy with a whip i see in the third picture??

AGPO:

close Kera, actually its a girl with a whip - she’s keeping the boys in line! I’m suprised nobody has noticed the special guest lurking in these shots but then again they are pretty small :wink:

Kera foehunter:

i like your thinking Agpo* kera gives Agpo a hug*

its too small for me to see but could it be a bour centaur??

AGPO:

UPDATE: 18th September 2008

Okay, I’ve resized the photos so you should now be able to see what I’m talking about :slight_smile:

AGPO:

Okay, partly this post is to say that despite all the requests for resized photos none of you have commented since you got them :mad.

Secondly though - and on a happier note - the parts for my dragon ogres arrived today! :cheers The prototype is in production at the moment and should be done for the time my poll ends in the main section

Auretious Taak:

Dang the pictures aren’t showing for me. :frowning:

But holy crap I realised just now I have a Chaos Dwarf Bloodbowl Team! Including Bull Centaur Star Player anbd a Minotaur champion from WFB I was gonna convert up, oh wow, it’s like I’ve been a closet Chaos dwarf for so long and not even realised it!

Auretious Taak.

AGPO:

MASSIVE UPDATE - 9TH OCTOBER 2008[/B][/COLOR]

Okay, I know I promised miners, but as my work commitments have built up massively in the last few weeks my hobby time has been axed. With that in mind I wanted my army ready for the release day celebrations on 1st November. Anyway, here’s what I’ve been up to. I managed to get a sprue of unpainted classic warriors to expand my Tzeentch warriors in the same way as my Slaaneshi warriors. I know Tzeentch has been nerfed in the new list, but these guys used to contribute 3 power dice to the army and were thus a mainstay led by chaos champions. So anyway here’s some WIPs of the expanded units:

[/color]

These two units were some of the first painted for the army, aand have won me many a battle. Some of them are going to be touched up a bit, and I may develop the highlights I usedbut in all I like the metalic blue and gold scheme.

These guys were done slightly later at the same time as the slaaneshi warriors, but were never actually fully completed as I rarely needed them for games. They were always pushed back for more crucial or ‘shiney’ stuff. The unit champion (far left of the unit) was my very first attempt at sculpting about 5 years ago. I’m sentimental about him but he’s not up to the standards I set myself now. I’m re-doing him and the WIP can be seen in the centre of thre unit. I’m going to make this a theme - all my old favorite characters from the army will recieve 7th edition versions. :o Help!

Incase you think all I ever do is warriors - here comes some shiney new stuff! :slight_smile: First up is the first of my unit of converted Slaaneshi knights. Much as I like the metal knights I already had three units and didn’t want replica models flooding the army (they’re a pet hate of mine). LOTS of pics of this guy but I’m pretty pleased with him:

[/color]

I decided to give the unit themselves lances - a great piece of forsight on my part as the new list wasn’t even rumour at the time :slight_smile: Anyway next is art of my continuing experinment to find a use for those bloody spider riders. five of them will become furies, however I wanted to do something a bit different and thus produced an Insectigor. He still needs arms but as I’m not sure what he’ll be yet I haven’t got a clue what to give him!

[/B]

These next few photos are to give you an idea of where I’m taking the army in 7th edidion. Obviously once I’ve got my old stuff up to date i’m not going to just drop my beloved Chaos. Here’s some recent stuff:

I decided to combine the two units of warriors from Archaon’s siege attackers to form one massive unit of Chosen of Khorne. The unit had two hand weapons, shields and were led by a full command with banner of rage and a lord of khorne (!). The whole thing was for mega games only (4,000pts wasn’t an uncommon game size for my old group) and set me back over 1000pts!!! Obviously thats overkill but it was my centrepiece unit. Now I know some of you will lynch me for converting a special edition model. My attitude is that as I never sell models they’re worth what I put into them and a unique model is better than a rare one.

Other stuff

These guys are in turn a prototype new Tzeentch warrior, an update of my Tzeentch lord (now sorcerer lord) Grenean, and a champion of Nurgle to lead a new unit with great weapons. All are WIP:

[drum roll]

last but not leat there’s…

furrie:

the dragon ogres are out of proportens

AGPO:

Compared to what - real life dragon ogres? :wink: