[Archive] Alternative daemoneater model

Alan the evil:

beacuse of the high cost of whirlwind models I’m looking for something else in GW miniatures that could rapresent it.

What do you suggest??

Bolg:

I’ve seen 2 people here already used the new plastic skaven doom wheel, just remove the skaven bits and a lot of the extra’s and stick a chaos Icon on the side, hobgoblin or DC in side and your done (:

And personally I thought of using a bloodbowl death roller…

maelzch:

Here’s my one, basically as Bolg described

Snotling:

hehe, the Doomwheel conversions are so cool. Maybe you can also use a Steam Tank as a conversion base.

clam:

And I thought he was asking for a cheaper alternative - lol

Both models cost the same/or even more than a used Whirlwind at eBay. You should be able to pick it up at something like £18-20. Problem is finding an auction for them - and not being forced to buy at one of those ‘buy it now at a ridiculous I came up with’ - price.

phierlihy:

Maelzch, I’ve noticed your Demoneater before and the metal is a really excellent colour. Not to derail the thread but could you post its recipe?

Border Reiver:

Alan - I think the Deathroller from the bloodbowl range would be your best bet - add a couple of skulls and a new head for the driver, maybe some GS’d lamellar armour and your gold.

Snotling:

Hm, to be honest, I still don’t know what a Daemon Eater is. Is this a new unit from a fan list? But it seems to be pretty accepted by everone, because there are a lot of people who build one, even when they are not in the Ravening Hordes…

Zanko:

Hm, to be honest, I still don't know what a Daemon Eater is. Is this a new unit from a fan list? But it seems to be pretty accepted by everone, because there are a lot of people who build one, even when they are not in the Ravening Hordes...

Snotling
The Daemoneater is a kind of chariot from the Indy GT list written by Kevin Coleman!

Here is the link: Indy GT list

Just read it! :cheers

:hashut

PS: Why must your Daemoneater be GW Miniature?

cornixt:

How about doing a Chaos Chariot but backwards?

Alan the evil:

wow… so many replays!! thanks to everybody

@ zanko

well, I’d like to find GW miniatures because IF someday CD will be official I’m gonna have something already allowed even in official tournaments…

@ everybody who talked about doomwheel/deathroller:

I think that deathroller is the thing closer to my idea… chep and deathly dwarfed!! thanks for help

@cornixt

now i’m using chaos chariots… but they are not miniature I own and they are not so cheap if I must to convert them with deamonsmith model (yes, because I want to use them like daemonsmith’s mounts…)

@snotling

daemoneaters are the best mount you can give to a daemonsmith in the indy GT army book that zanko linked for you…

if you can try them togheter and you will be amazed of their power!!

Snotling:

Hey cool, thanks for the link, I was searching for that army book 'cause right now I don’t know much about the “new” CDs…

Spikes:

I used some “bits stores” online/ebay. I got some 40k chaos space marine, orc and imperial vehicle panels, bits and tracks. Kitbashing those together yielded a pair of nice looking daemoneaters in my honest opinion.

Lordfishbane:

Nice start, cant wait to see how she turns out.

Zanko:

I’m not sure about this Daemoneater model - looks very much like a “normal” 40K model! :~

I’m missing the typical fantasy and Chaos Dwarf touch - perhaps fully converted and painted it will comply these demands!?!? :wink:

:hashut

Spikes:

I lightly drybrushed them. One is really hard to properly take a picture of while the other is more in regular drybrush tones.

Pics coming up before the end of April (yes it takes that long!)

Revlid:

What that model needs is some steampunky primitive touches, to keep it from looking too high-tech and 40k. Barrels or pipes or smokestacks.

Otherwise, really cool!

Spikes:

The painted pictures of “The crusher” and “The shredder”. Notice the trails of blood on the shredder and the mangled beastman under the crusher.

No pipes or chimneys as I have yet to find the proper bit. 1,50$ curved PVC piping joint could do the trick…

Lordfishbane:

Looking good man !!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Da Crusha:

these look a bit like evil steam tanks without the armour save on their profile. a bit too much metal IMO