[Archive] Another Chaos Dwarf Jugger up on ebay (not mine)

Threadbare:

Two Juggers (maybe he’ll add a few more) Love that start price, to bad it won’t stay that low. Always seems that when one shows up and sells for a good amount of money that it opens the door for a few more. This guy also has a load of other chaos dwarfs for sale, including an ass cannon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Marauder-Chaos-Dwarf-Juggernaut-VERY-RARE-OOP-Chaos-Dwarves-LIMITED-/260909955984?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item3cbf71fb90

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chaos-Dwarf-Juggernaut-Warhammer-Marauder-VERY-RARE-OOP-Chaos-Dwarves-LIMITED-/260909988117?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item3cbf727915

Murdock129:

And now I’m currently winning both, and the Ass cannon, lol, but I won’t win them for long

Time of Madness:

Worth a look at his other stuff as well. He has a whack load of rare models up for sale.

Time of Madness

Borador:

Damn his collection is insane, would never part with that if I where him!

Also, now we can check if an assembled jugger really is worth less!

Shimsham:

Are you guys not too worried about how shiny these casts are? I have some old models and they seemed to have tarnished, having never seen paint. Or is there some way to make metal look new again?

wallacer:

They’re both going for over 300 quid and there’s still 3 days to go.

zobo1942:

@Shimsham: I stripped a few models with dettol, and they came out really bright and shiny.

Perhaps these were stripped?

Pyro Stick:

Ill admit that the juggernaut in the first link doesnt look quite right but i think it might just be the flash on the camera or something. Also if its an original it will be an old model so its going to look different from modern casts. One thing i did notice is that the back plate looks a lot lower than its supposed to be and the tower supports are all full of flash

cornixt:

I’m sure I’ve seen that picture on Ebay before, not sure if it is the same model being resold.

I’m also pretty sure there are more fake Juggernauts in the world now than there are real ones, not that I can tell the difference too easily.

wallacer:

I’m surprised GW themselves don’t just recast one and stick it in their classics section.

Threadbare:

It seems strange that GW doesn’t get more use out of their old models. They don’t use the Classic section of their range to its full potential. Maybe its just not worth it or the molds were all destroyed, but I would love to see more releases of the oop figures that they have in their collection.

wallacer:

410.00 pounds. Ouch.

Shimsham:

With the amount of knock offs out there I wonder why somebody hasn’t hit upon the idea of providing certificates of guarantee. It might drive the costs of the models up, but at least the fakes might either drop off, or be worth far less. A replica, and a bad one, is worth about $50AU tops. I wouldn’t want to drop that sort of money on a model that proves to be a bad copy.

Shimsham:

Did anybody here win one?

Taurian:

Did anybody here win one?

Shimsham
I won the first juggernaut and the ass cannon. If I'd read this thread first, though, I may not have bid. I admit that I have reservations about copies. The only reason that I felt somewhat comfortable in believing that it's genuine was the fact that he said he accidentally broke off one of the spikes. I sort of thought that a counterfeiter would have done his best to make it look as good as possible--but maybe that was actually a flaw if he was casting it. I'm really nervous now about what I'll get in the mail when it comes.

And no, I'm not rich and my wallet is going to take a hell of a hit. I'll be eating ramen noodles for the foreseeable future. :P

Pyro Stick:

Heres another juggernaut: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chaos-dwarf-Juggernaut-warhammer-citadel-miniature-very-rare-games-workshop-/180771933862?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item2a16d8cea6

Pretty weird “conversion” there. Im still trying to figure out if he has cut up any of the turret supports or not. Its definitely not supposed to be like that anyway.

Skink:

…Considering that the model is converted I think that 300£ starting price is way too much.

GameThug:

...Considering that the model is converted I think that 300£ starting price is way too much.

Skink
i just bought it at 300£ on the rationale that it looks like all the pieces are there plus some extras, and I don't mind stripping and disassembling it to save 100£+.

Pyro Stick:

...Considering that the model is converted I think that 300£ starting price is way too much.

Skink
i just bought it at 300£ on the rationale that it looks like all the pieces are there plus some extras, and I don't mind stripping and disassembling it to save 100£+.

GameThug
Let us know how it turns out. I think if anything its missing one turret side and i just realised that the joins look too clean so he probably cut of the joints on the end of the turret sides. The thing i didn't like was that he waited until the other juggernauts had sold and then started his at what the others ended at when its painted, looks converted and has a damaged boar centaur. I would say the extras have a value of at least £25, assuming they arent converted.

GameThug:

Skink

GameThug
Let us know how it turns out. I think if anything its missing one turret side and i just realised that the joins look too clean so he probably cut of the joints on the end of the turret sides. The thing i didn't like was that he waited until the other juggernauts had sold and then started his at what the others ended at when its painted, looks converted and has a damaged boar centaur. I would say the extras have a value of at least £25, assuming they arent converted.

Pyro Stick
I'll certainly take some detail shots when I have it in hand.