[Archive] AoW Night Goblin Shaman + New Plastics

Pyro Stick:

Ive been waiting for Felix to do a proper night goblin for ages. That magic missile is just insanely cool. Resin as well so it wont tip over. Should be available this month, hopefully with better pics. Hes also releasing a new plastic kit this month but hasnt revealed what it is yet. Hopefully its Chaos Dwarfs since they won the poll that was posted a while ago.

vulcanologist:

Well at least Felix has come up with something a little different!

Zanko:

Really nice little guy - my main problem with this model is that I have no usage for a Night Goblin …! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nonetheless great sculpt! :hat off

:hashut

Baggronor:

Like the pose, don’t like the hands.

Pyro Stick:

Like the pose, don't like the hands.

Baggronor
Now that you mention it, it looks like they belong on the old edition goblins. If he had posted wips im sure it would have been brought up and fixed.

Pyro Stick:

The Night Goblin is out now and felix has just shown of a sneak peak at a new plastic/warcast unit:

IMO they just look like an awful cross of old edition chaos warriors and marauders…

Thommy H:

What’s warcast? Resin? If so, he appears to be using GW concepts for his branding too…

Anyway, the new plastics are okay I guess. The Berserkers were interesting because GW didn’t do a plastic Slayer kit, but WoC is pretty well supported with plastic kits and, though the Marauders are showing their age, they’re certainly not beyond utility yet. So I guess, again, I don’t really see the point. It’s a multi-part Chaos Warrior kit…kind of like the one GW first did in, like, 1999.

Pyro Stick:

What's warcast? Resin? If so, he appears to be using GW concepts for his branding too...

Anyway, the new plastics are okay I guess. The Berserkers were interesting because GW didn't do a plastic Slayer kit, but WoC is pretty well supported with plastic kits and, though the Marauders are showing their age, they're certainly not beyond utility yet. So I guess, again, I don't really see the point. It's a multi-part Chaos Warrior kit...kind of like the one GW first did in, like, 1999.

Thommy H
I dont know much about Warcast but if you read about it here it sounds just like Finecast

Bassman:

Yes, they are nice, nothing wrong with them. Multi part is good but… why?

We really need them?

The only use I can find is that if they are cheap enough get one box of them, one box of GW ones and mix them up!

Why not a multipart plastic kit of Chao… sorry Evil-Dwarfs? Or some plastic hobg…ehm, again, taller and thinner goblins? :wink:

Pyro Stick:

Yes, they are nice, nothing wrong with them. Multi part is good but.... why?
We really need them?
The only use I can find is that if they are cheap enough get one box of them, one box of GW ones and mix them up!

Why not a multipart plastic kit of Chao... sorry Evil-Dwarfs? Or some plastic hobg....ehm, again, taller and thinner goblins? ;)

Bassman
Thats my view as well. These arent really needed but i guess he is just trying to establish his plastic line by making the first few units as accessible to the masses as he can. Chaos and Dwarfs will always sell. He will concentrate on the more unique units later, eventhough i think he would have been much better of making the unit that won the poll, chaos dwarfs. Im sure he still wont listen to opinions until he has churned out an Orc unit and maybe a standard Dwarf unit as well.

snowblizz:

YES! Multipart Chosen. Just what I wanted. Ah man that Felix is a genius.

Baggronor:

Those are actually really nice from a model-maker’s point of view. Plenty of options that have been maximised (unlike Mantic) and nice sculpts. How annoying that they are Chaos Warriors and not Chaos Dwarf Warriors. Or anything else that GW doesn’t make or won’t blow out of the water with their own releases within the next 3 years…

Oh well, I suppose that’s where the money is. Can’t blame him for wanting to make a decent profit, those moulds aren’t cheap.

In many ways, its still a wasted opportunity though. If he really wanted to reap it, he should have pushed the designs further and made God-specific parts (and called them something else, obviously). Wonder if he did shields/great weapons too.

And what is with the gigantinormous weapons, it really bugs me :~

vulcanologist:

I agree… Great sculpting as usual but a wasted opportunity by not filling in the gaps in the GW range.

Bassman:

Baggronor: it’s difficult for me to understand what makes profit or not in the miniature world but I think big numbers (like GW) are made with marketing or a long enstabilished market (or both like GW).

If you do not have resourches it’s pretty difficult to make many money.

Said so, I do not think that thousands of people will search online for the Chaos Warriors’ zillion version :slight_smile: Most of them will stick to the many options GW gives you.

If it was me I would prefer to search for the niches GW left behind and fill them with my products!

Or I would follow my own line and produce something different to emerge from the main stream with original ideas and decent prices.

But maybe AoW warriors will be really cheap and everybody will look for them as a good quality and convenient alternative…

warh:

I really like those, might have to pick them up. But I still don’t have the slayer’s and I said the same thing about them.

Grimstonefire:

As I said over on Dakka, these are 1000% better than the GW chaos warriors imo. These actually look chaotic and are much more what I think the GW chaos warriors should have been with the current plastics.

Afaik there are 4 identifiable themes. The idea being that AoW will sculpt 4 heroes and you can somehow mix parts on the plastics to theme them to it. Which sounds great, but I suspect somehow you’ll end up paying a lot more for loads of bits you won’t use…

It’s sort of a shame felix brought these out, as the current rubbish warriors GW do were the one thing stopping me from doing a WoC nurgle army. Much like the orcs stop me from collecting them.

Thorne:

Felix hasn’t done cd’s because he can’t compete with Titan war games products :wink: even forge world copied them.

Grimstonefire:

From what I remember CD came out top on the poll he did for the next plastics.  Followed by Witch Elves…  Not sure I remember seeing chaos warriors on the list… :~

ryanamandaanna:

If those are reasonably priced, I will be all over them…

Pyro Stick:

From what I remember CD came out top on the poll he did for the next plastics.  Followed by Witch Elves...  Not sure I remember seeing chaos warriors on the list... :~

Grimstonefire
I linked to the poll in the first post. Heres the current results anyway:

Most favourite races for the regiments-box
Dwarf................. 13% [ 20 ]
Chaos Dwarf..............          15% [ 23 ]
Human................. 8% [ 13 ]
High-Elf................. 4% [ 7 ]
Dark-Elf................. 12% [ 19 ]
Wood-Elf................. 5% [ 8 ]
Lizardman................. 3% [ 4 ]
Undead................. 7% [ 13 ]
Beastman................. 4% [ 6 ]