[Archive] Archaon End Times ! (Possible Spoiler)

Parish:

Warning ! You enter this zone at your own risks !  :hat off

(! Possible Spoiler !)

Hi Guys !

Nothing overwhelming we were all aware of that I think :cheers

http://imgur.com/LYvhUaW

Alone for the end time :smiley:

So, no we won’t get merged with Warriors of Chaos, and I guess we won’t be mentioned whatsoever . (I mean they’ll describe chaos warmachine but we don’t really care much as it brings nothing to our fluff ^^)

But wtf Skaven ^^.

UPDATE with Some info on the end times:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10491985_10152661130912681_4180322167720435540_n.jpg?oh=aafbe63350b766d68a9d026e1fac03a8&oe=55874C6C&gda=1434981848_5d1a98b1a983c398ee97ed8171032283

Bloodbeard:

Buuh! Hisss!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Skink:

Utterly disappointing. They even gave ZOMBIE PIRATES some love. Although I suspect that they will leave Forgeworld the honor to deal with our story, as soon as 9th kicks off.

Yodrin:

Buuh! Hisss!

Bloodbeard
mhm.....

sam585:

So with the new dwarf battle scroll seen here http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?405465-End-Times-Archaon-Roundup-Discussion/page33 I see a very nice and viable alternate way to play Chaos Dwarfs. My biggest problem with using the current dwarf book was the lack of any magic at all, so if this is a hint at whats to come I am excited. Get some rules for monsters in there and it will be perfect!

Parish:

I updated the first post with this link

"Spoiler"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10491985_10152661130912681_4180322167720435540_n.jpg?oh=aafbe63350b766d68a9d026e1fac03a8&oe=55874C6C&gda=1434981848_5d1a98b1a983c398ee97ed8171032283

I thought it might interest quite a lot of you !

BABIS:

the End is nigh:

Ungrim and the dwarfs defend Avenheim thanks to Gelt�?Ts Crucible but, in the end, they sacrifice themselves while imperials and bretonnians flee. Ungrim�?Ts slayers fight against Zhufbar�?Ts hosts.

Nagash offers Mannfred to the elves as a sing of good will, snaring him in a prison made of death magic.

Be�?Tlakor frees Mannfred and tells him the truth about Lileath. He is later found by Jerrod (Be�?Tlakor�?Ts plan all the time) and tells him the truth about Lileath. Jerrod lets Mannfred live, who then flees and calls her. She admits the truth, saying that she is the Lady of the Lake, and also that she pushed Bretonnia out of the Stone Age and saved them from the greenskins and themselves. She says that she won�?Tt ask for forgiveness, because the sacrifice of Bretonnia was needed to create the Haven. Then Be�?Tlakor appears when Jerrod is about to kill her. They both fight and the demon defeats Jerrod (but does not kill him), and turns to kill Lileath, but Malekith and Tyrion pop out and trap Be�?Tlakor.

Jerrod returns to his people and tells them about the Lady. They decide not to fight alongside the treacherous elves, returning to Bretonnia. No more is known of them.

After the fall of Averheim, the Incarnates face the daemonic host. The battle is hopeless, so Lileath sacrifices willingly to Teclis in order to give him the needed power to move them to Middenheim. A titanic battle takes place there, and the incarnates travel to the caverns located beneath the city, where Archaon, the Swords of Chaos, and the 4 greater daemons with their respective hosts are waiting. Grimgor fights Arachaon and almost defeats him, but Archaon manages to kill the orc. Then Archaon faces Sigmar, the Emperor, who after a long battle defeats him, throwing him inside a rift created by the Old Ones�?T artifact that the chaos guys activated to destroy the world. The surviving Incarnates, aided by Teclis (who now holds the winds of Fire and Beasts), try to close the rift. They could have succeeded, but Mannfred betrays his master (Nagash) killing Gelt. Teclis tries to absorb the wind of Metal, but fails and dies, so the rift feeds on them and sucks out all the Incarnate�?Ts powers. Archaon appears again, climbing out of the rift, and faces SIgmar one more time. They both are last seen fighting against each other, with Ghal-Maraz being held by Archaon as Sigmar tried to smash him. Meanwhile, Malekith saves Alarielle from being crushed by debris, and then she and Tyrion turn their backs and walk away while the Eternity King dies in pain, with his legs crushed. They both look back at the growing rift while the darkness swallows them.

Game Over.

Skink:

I finally deciphered my feelings towards all this. At first, when Nagash was released, I was extremely happy to see Warhammer’s timeline moving forward. However, as the End Times went on, I grew more and more uninterested in the event, as it brought my all time favourite fantasy world to utter extinction. Now I am torn between an odd mixture of genuine curiosity and overwhelming sadness.

My only hope is that the new background is going to be as strong as the old one with the addition of interesting new factions… Which, let’s face it, it’s a possibility! I mean, some people might say that GW screwed up a lot of things during the past decade, but the company still counts some talented writers and game developers in its working force (thank GOD Matt Ward is gone). The saga of the End Times it’s a solid proof of it, as it is an extremely enjoyable read (or at least it is for a non native speaker).

Still, deep in my heart, my main concern is whether or not my two only loves (Lizzies & Chaos Dwarfs) will be able to see the dawn of this new era.

sam585:

I think we will make it somehow. What if all dwarfs in the reboot are chaos dwarfs? I always thought chaos dwarfs were something unique to warhammer fantasy But vanilla dwarfs eclipsed them to much in terms of established lore from things like wow, tolkien, and genetic dwarf mythology.

Forgefire:

Damn i need to read these new books. Lizardmen and Chaos dwarfs are two really unique fantasy races so i agree with you skink that their legacy should be preserved. And i think everyone who frequents this forum would agree!

Parish:

Well this ending really allows a huge range of opportunity !

Looking forward to seeing 9th edition !

Skink:

Damn i need to read these new books.

Forgefire
Do it, doesn't matter if you like the fluff or not. All the books make for a very enjoyable read, their story is really well told and from a non native speaker's perspective it's very easy to go through them. On top of that every chapter creates extremely vivid mental images. Seriously, you'll find yourself marching with the Blightkings knee-deep in the snow, the only sound being the howls of the wind. Epic!

Doombeard:

I’m 100% certain CD’s will go the way of the squats. Hope I’m wrong, it has been known!

Bloodbeard:

And the new rules for this episode of TE. Wahammer Unbound!

So playing with End Times rules just became completely and utterly silly.

I think the restrictions make for some interesting diffenrent lists. And I most concept / fluff based lists can be achieved within the non-End Times rules.

But for interest. Playing End Times. What would you bring in a 2000p list?

Baggronor:

I'm 100% certain CD's will go the way of the squats.
That didn't stop us last time, it won't stop us this time.

Bloodbeard:

Baggronor
Can I get 'hell yeah' people?!"

Skink:

Baggronor
Can I get 'hell yeah' people?!"

Bloodbeard
HELL YEAH! Also:
What would you bring in a 2000p list?

Bloodbeard
Sorcerer Prophet, 2+ / 4++, Lore of Undead (spam ethereals),

Sorcerer Prophet, 2+ / 4++, Arabian carpet, Lore of Hashut (spam ash storm),

K'daai Destroyers.

...No?

Skink:

that's the word. EPIC!

Herby
Eh. I don't know. I reckon that the word that should be used in this instance is much less pleasant. Personally I would NEVER play a game with a list like that (unless it's against elves).

Yodrin:

Intersting listning

- YouTube

Doombeard:

Baggronor
Well Squats just vanished off the face of the earth. CD's weren't wiped out of Warhammer quite that badly, first of all they were kept alive by ravening hordes, then by the release of the Hellcannon. This time around though I see them getting Squatted for realz yo