[Archive] are chaos dwarves still legal?

snowblizz:

When your caster is compulsory and weighs in 200pts more than goodie casters, I think an armour save isn't that unreasonable. Anyway, Mannfred only has a 5+ (or did he take a steed too? In which case 3+) and most caster vampire lords don't have the space for armour. Plus, I reckon CD casters when they are redone will most certainly be encased in chaos armour :)

Baggronor
Please do not use the word "caster" for a lord level combat monster which is able to break most fundamental rules of casting magic. Compared to a HoC Tzeentch Lord (nearest equivalent) this "caster" is a fairly decent price.

mattbird:

Corpse carts add +1 per invoc, so you can use them to raise 2 Vampire models per turn

mattbird
Nope Vampires still only gain a single wound otherwise everyone would park a Corpse Cart with a Necromancer behind a unit of Blood Knights or and a Varghulf and keep them withing 6" the whole time

Bazil
Good to know, thanks. Guess I need to have a word with my club mate.. :hat off

Baggronor:

Please do not use the word "caster" for a lord level combat monster which is able to break most fundamental rules of casting magic. Compared to a HoC Tzeentch Lord (nearest equivalent) this "caster" is a fairly decent price.
Why not? He casts spells. And how does he break most fundamental rules of casting magic? There is no 'mages can't wear armour' rule anymore, so the only exception to the norm is that he can recast necromantic spells. Other than that, he casts just like everyone else. And I wasn't implying he isn't worth his points, he definitely is.