[Archive] Artisan's Contest #5 - Ends 31st August

Ancre:

I’ve begun mine too ! It’ll be done in time for the contest, but I’m progressing slowly, as I’m not that good in english but I want something very well done (which means a lot of time spent on searching the right word, hello dictionary) !

Are there many entries in yet ?

Grimstonefire:

We’ve had 3 entries so far.

I will be writing mine in the last few days of august.

Revlid:

Going to start in the morning. Probably about… something. Not daemonbinding, I’ve done that, although I have some rather nasty ideas I could use. Not slavery, or torture, or an army on the march… Something new.

I KNOW

OH

THIS COULD BE QUITE COOL, ACTUALLY.

Willmark:

Remember everyone end of the month for the contest.

Kera foehunter:

at midnight est ???

Loki:

have just finished mine will send it through in the next hour so so after spell checking

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m still trying to figure what to do mine as, lol :smiley:

Pyro Stick:

I wasnt going to enter this because i wasnt happy with the rules but came up with a good idea and churned out a story in an hour. Just need to type it up and hope its the right length.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I finally thought of something after my last post and have begun work on it. It may be far shorter than the limit, but hopefully people will still like/enjoy it.

Pyro Stick:

Turns out my story was 500 words under the limit lol. Im going to have to go through it again and flesh it out. Are we allowed to write an intro to the story without that counting towards the word limit?

Thommy H:

I would assume that anything you send as part of the entry would be included in the word count.

Hashut’s Blessing:

If it’s in the entry, it’s part of the entry and counts towards the limit.

Pyro Stick:

If it's in the entry, it's part of the entry and counts towards the limit.

Hashut's Blessing
No big deal then. Intro only took about 50 words lol.

Are the staff able to read .docx documents? (completely different from .doc)

cornixt:

I can’t, I do a lot of site stuff during breaks at work where I can’t install anything.

Scion:

would a PDF work?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Nicodemus:

Why not just send content for submissions as plain text instead of any kind of document at all? Just copy and paste. There’s no way possible to go wrong with plain text. Alternatively, one can follow some of the guides on here if some simple bold or italics is all that’s needed (see above).

~N

Hashut’s Blessing:

As NIcodemus has suggested, it’s easier to simply copy and paste into the PM since we need to do that in the voting post ourselves…

Pyro Stick:

Can a PM even hold that many words?

Thommy H:

Yeah, it can.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Hashut’s Blessing:

It sure can, Pyro. It can hold tens of thousands of words.

On a personal note, I’ve done almost a thousand now and have to add about 50 near the beginning and finish it off. I may be a hundred or two hundred words under the limit though because I’d rather it didn’t feel stretched…