[Archive] Artisan's Contest #5 - Ends 31st August

GRNDL:

Why do you have to meet the limit? Good writing is concise. IMO, just adding words to make the limit will degrade the writing’s flow, unless those extra words actually contribute to the story. As far as I can remember, the only stories that require a specific number of words are “drabbles” which are exactly 100 words long, and that is to test the skill of the writer.

Alfract:

i was under the impression that it was a Maximum Word limit not a Minimum.

There is a maximum word limit of 1500 words, so PLEASE double check before sending it. It�?Ts so easy to check that there isn�?Tt really a reason not to. Any words over this will be deleted.

Willmark
On another note, this was one that i had intended to enter but, assignments at uni have held me back, maybe next time

Pyro Stick:

i was under the impression that it was a Maximum Word limit not a Minimum.

There is a maximum word limit of 1500 words, so PLEASE double check before sending it.  It�?Ts so easy to check that there isn�?Tt really a reason not to.  Any words over this will be deleted.

Willmark
On another note, this was one that i had intended to enter but, assignments at uni have held me back, maybe next time

Alfract
It is a maximum word limit.

If you think of a good idea you can power out a story in an hour.

Alfract:

If you think of a good idea you can power out a story in an hour.

Pyro Stick
i have a few, i'll probly end up doing on the 31st lol

Patrikson:

I posted my Story

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Hashut’s Blessing:

GRNDL and Alfract, I was saying that mine will be under the maximum by a fair bit because I didn’t want to ruin it by stretching it :smiley: People may now be able to guess which is mine as a result, but I don’t think it should affect it. In all honesty, I don’t mind if I don’t win, I just hope at least someone finds it enjoyable :smiley:

Pyro Stick:

Sent im my story.

Revlid:

Well, shoot. 1/2hr left for me. Need to get started.

GRNDL:

Revlid
Nah, You have another 5 hrs 25 mins or so. The deadline is on Eastern Standard Time. 4:59am your time, I think

torn:

i have literally in the last 20 minutes noticed this thread, wrote an entry, checked and re-wrote, and submitted! as you can guess it isnt very long but hopefully readers will find it dynamic and intriguing and filled with a few new ideas.

Revlid:

Revlid
Nah, You have another 5 hrs 25 mins or so. The deadline is on Eastern Standard Time. 4:59am your time, I think

GRNDL
...Seriously?

Damn my Britishness! I sent it in haste, thinking it half-an-hour late, and now find that adjustments could have been made!

Curses and ecstacies!

Ah, well. At least my meatbread came out okay.

Revlid:

Aaand I believe that that’s the deadline, even taking into account timezone differences. Did everyone get in?

Patrikson:

Yep :smiley:

Staff:

The deadline for new entries has passed.

We’ve had 13 entries, all of which are on or under the word count.  Not a bad turnout I think.

The formatting may present a challenge, I will try and retain it as typed where possible.  Where we asked for it in pm it’s obviously messed up some of the indentation formatting, so I will try and at least make them all equal.  That way it’s fair.

Hopefully the voting thread will be up later today.

- Grim

Thommy H:

If you quote the PM, you can copy and paste the bit inside the quote tags and it’ll preserve all the formatting.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Glad to see a turnout of 13. I was kind of expecting less. Still, more competition can only encourage us to do better in the future :wink:

Thommy H:

Told you it’d work.