[Archive] Artisan's Contest XI - delayed, but still here!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Welcome all to Artisan�?Ts XI!

What to enter?
The theme for this Artisan’s is to build an Arcane Fulcrum, themed to a Chaos Dwarf army, bearing in mind its rules in the Storm of Magic.

What do we mean by this? An Arcane Fulcrum is a building, which only a single wizard may occupy (they may be mounted on a monster, be a monster, be monstrous infantry etc), as long as the model would fit on top. They are powerful structures that only appear during storms of magic and greatly enhance an occupants magical potential, whilst giving them an overview of the whole battlefield. They are covered in powerful protections written in sigils and runes (provides a 3+ Ward Save, Hard Cover, immune to Stomp/Thunderstomp), steeling even the most timid of minds (Immune to Psychology). They are lonely places to remain in, however the benefits are exponential (only one model may fight the wizard at a time and controlling more than your opponent gives you more powerful spells and wins the game). In the Storm of Magic rulebook, it explains that a Fulcrum may be of any size and take any form, so feel free to let you mind go wild with creation, following the rules given below.

Deadline
The deadline for the submission of entries is the 23rd of October 2011, 11:59pm EST.

Only enter if you are happy with the rules as they are stated below.

Rules of the Competition
Each member may only enter once.

Only one picture may have a model on the Fulcrum (obvious exceptions such as statues, corpses, storytelling dioramas, etc. Nothing that could be used in a game as a model, for clarification), but this is for scale and demonstrative purposes.

* The piece cannot be wider than 6" in diameter (any shape is allowed, but may not be wider than 6" at any point).

* The piece must be at least 2" tall (you are supposed to have uninhibited sight due to its size after all!).

* The piece may be no taller than 12" (this is for practicality, more than anything else and will give you a massive vantage point - bear in mind that spells are measured from base to base though!).

* The piece ust be completed (fully built and fully painted).

How to Enter?
To submit your entry upload up to 4 images to the internet, these cannot be a montage shot. At least one must be the fully painted end result. Next send a PM to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to) with links to the images.  (Note: This is the same as previous Artisan’s Contests.)  

How will this be judged?
After all entries are gathered a voting thread will be assembled from all of the entrants. The Staff will review and if we have to discount any entries we will do so prior to the thread being made public.

If there are more than 10 entries there will be Silver and Bronze Artisan’s medals.

All entrants will be given a number of slaves equaling the total number of entrants (10 entrants = 10 slaves per entrant etc)

If there are any questions please contact a member of the Staff.

Hashut’s Blessing.

Borador:

I think I’m in, if I have the time to create something :wink:

G.2:

Nice idea. This one will be hard to get right, but I am looking forward to everyone’s entries…especially mine, as I have no idea as to what I am going to build for it. Still nice. :slight_smile:

Abecedar:

Gunna give it a go, Thematically it may be hard though

vulcanologist:

Never done any scenery or terrain building of any kind before. Think I might have a bash at this one though…time permitting!

Nicodemus:

… still no ideas for this one…

Thommy H:

Simple, sensible, topical. Might even enter.

Zanko:

I might enter too but I have no idea yet … must get a sudden inspiration! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:hashut

grimsnikk:

I have some ideas… I’m looking forward to a first contest.

ryanamandaanna:

Never done scratch-built terrain, but I’ll give it a go. :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Glad to see so much support! I’m still trying to figure out what I’m going to go with on this!

If people need soe help/inspiration - check out the Arcane Fulcrums, check out the GW website and WDs, maybe google some and think about the fact that you can always use it as random terrain in normal games if you want :wink:

Baggronor:

Steam-powered arcane fulcrum ftw? I wish I had the time to enter… :frowning:

tjub:

I have an idea that will fit my army nicely, I hope… :slight_smile:

Nicodemus:

After a couple of nights working on designs for my arcane fulcrum, and a couple nights of creation, I decided I had a truly failed attempt on my hands. It looks awful, plus my planned design just doesn’t seem like it’ll work… so now I’m not even sure where I’m at with this contest now. I’ve got 5 more weeks, but I normally would have had a solid design and something blocked out already by this stage. Barf.

How’s everyone else doing with theirs?

~N

vulcanologist:

Still racking my brain for inspiration and trawling the net in the search of technical knowledge!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Been a little busy arranging interviews and auditions to get started myself, but should be on it soon!

Zanko:

No inspiration yet! :frowning:

:hashut

clam:

@Zanko

You can always just buy the chaos one from GW and spice it up a bit :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yep, have a look at the ones on GW for how they’ve done thirs (which are technically generic ones) and look at towers and magic circles and other such things. Then apply your knowledge of Chaos dwarfs and your army style to it et voila!

tjub:

Ive got an idea and started to work on mine yesterday. Just hope that Ill finish it as well… :slight_smile: