[Archive] Artisan's Contest XI - delayed, but still here!

vulcanologist:

I’m afraid I think the demands of work and family have defeated me on this one .

Hashut’s Blessing:

There’s still time, vulcanologist!

Zanko:

Yeah nearly finished! :hat off

I have once more a question - the mini on the Fulcrum could it be a sorcerer or must it be another non priest/non wizard model?

And … can the model be painted or must it be an unpainted one?

Please formulate your answer for a non-English speaking guy! :wink:

:hashut

Thommy H:

Only a Wizard can occupy a Fulcrum in the game, so I’d say it would have to be a Sorcerer of some kind.

Zanko:

Sorry … I mean for the contest-photo not in the game! lol

Thommy H:

Yes, but since the contest is to make an Arcane Fulcrum, and Arcane Fulcra can only be occupied by Wizards, it wouldn’t make much sense to put another kind of model on it. It’d be like a contest to make a regiment of Chaos Dwarfs and having a Dark Elf as the champion model. Part of what makes an Arcane Fulcrum what it is is the fact that only a Wizard can use it.

Zanko:

O.k. I understand! :smiley:

Thanx a lot Thommy! :hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

A sorcerer, on foot (I.E. not mounted). It’s up to you if it’s painted or not, although I personally would find an unpainted model detracting from the piece.

Lord Aldades:

Just found this, I might enter still, depending if I can get the miliput sculpting all done and cured tomorrow (saturday) and the whole shabang painted up in it`s base colours on sunday.

That should leave me my day of work off the 22nd to detail paint it and enter, though it is going to be cutting it VERY close.

It will then have to be without a wizard I fear though, I doubt very much i can get one painted up as all my current spellcasters are swimming in a bath of paintstripper

Nicodemus:

Excellent ord Aldades!! Join us!! It’ll be great if you can pull together an entry at the last minute! It’s a little hard to gauge just how many entries there will be so far… it may not be all that many so you could stand a fair chance :wink:

cornixt:

CDs are lucky in that their wizards can look a lot like a regular warrior (all that armour they are allowed now), so don’t be too caught up in it looking exactly like a sorcerer.

Hashut’s Blessing:

As said, it just needs to be passable (Sorcerer-prophets in Tamurkhan are fighty to an extent too!) - I may actually be back in on this and, if I don’t finish in time, I still have a specific purpose for it!

Lord Aldades:

As said, it just needs to be passable (Sorcerer-prophets in Tamurkhan are fighty to an extent too!) - I may actually be back in on this and, if I don't finish in time, I still have a specific purpose for it!

Hashut's Blessing
I think i`m going to use the `exoskeleton armour` as an excuse, add some wizardry stuff to it, and it might just pass as a sorceror stand inn.

This is so going to cost me my nights rest this weekend, the first layer of industrial milliput is drying at the moment, two more to bulk the whole thing out and then a layer of greenstuff for details tomorrow

EDIT: I got perhaps a silly question, but `somewhere on the internet` to link towards, I take you speccify which pictures to be used, as I got a heap of WiPs of todays start and effort at sculpting work already made in my photobucket

Zanko:

Pictures are made and send! :smiley:

Now I’m curious to see all the other entries! :hat off

Nicodemus:

I got perhaps a silly question, but `somewhere on the internet` to link towards, I take you speccify which pictures to be used, as I got a heap of WiPs of todays start and effort at sculpting work already made in my photobucket

Lord Aldades
I'm not sure I undeerstand your question. Are you asking where else to upload images besides your photobucket album for your 4 pictures for the contest? Mediafire is another hosting source. That's where I put all of my contest entry images so that anyone browsing my photobucket album doesn't see my entry. After the contest winners are announced I put all my WIPs to my photobucket account to use in my blog.

~N

Lord Aldades:

Roightie, got it, I just send links of the ones used when - if - the thing should get ready, to the Staff of the first post

Hashut’s Blessing:

That’s about right. Also, use the edit button instead of double posting. I have my idea ready at last (as well as some funds to do it!), but it may not be CD enough for my tastes (for the competition) and very unlikely to be done on time.

My original plan was to get several obsidian crystals/wands and have them support a symbol of Hashut (or some warpfire or something) which the sorcerer would stand upon.

Nicodemus:

Time is counting down… four more days to get stuff in… can’t wait to see what everyone came up with!!

Incidentally, does anyone know what font was used in the “Artisans’ contest XI” title?

~N

Lord Aldades:

I actually made it with a few days spare :-D, two days spare on the envisioned time needed.

Now only to make a decent picture friday in daylight, and send the entry in.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Mine’s not happening due to lack of funds. it will be made though (with a step by step of it) and shown later though!