[Archive] Artisan's Contest XVII

Miasma:

Twas the same post indeed. Currently looking at integrating the plans into the fortification entry at the moment and materials have arrived in perfect time

Bloodbeard:

Got a bunch of materials today!

Admiral:

Bloodbeard
You're late into the race, old man! ;P

Best of luck! :cheers

Dînadan:

Bloodbeard
You're late into the race, old man! ;P

Best of luck! :cheers

Admiral
Quicker than me - I only ordered materials on Friday :o

Malorndk:

I have got my materials and started building. There is no way in hell I’ll get done in time, but I’m most definitely in the game with this one! xD

DAGabriel:

Relief making is truly uninspiring…

Admiral:

As is miniature brick making… :wink:

Bloodbeard:

As is miniature brick making... ;)

Admiral
Only because you insist to build your entrie castle from small greenstuff bricks.

Admiral:

And fire them in a miniature oven!

TheHoodedMan:

Nice idea :cheers.

You should scratch a poem in each brick ;).

Got a rough idea now for my own entry. After a little vacation I`ve three weeks to get it done in June.

DAGabriel:

Finished building, now to sharpen the brushes.

Not really impressive, but better small and finished than…

Bloodbeard:

I’ve got a pile of cardboard, sticks and polystyrene. …

DAGabriel:

I've got a pile of cardboard,  sticks and polystyrene. ...

Bloodbeard
Base it, drybrush and call it "Fortification, the day after"?

Admiral:

@DAGabriel: Haha. :smiley:

Have slaved away at the entry. Surprised to see there’s nearly a month to go, and it seems at least half or even two-thirds finished in the conversion phase. This theme, and Bloodbeard’s write-up for it in the announcement post, is so good it gripped me like a fever. I hope everyone else also have a jolly time working on their fortifications!

Dînadan:

. I hope everyone else also have a jolly time working on their fortifications!

Admiral
At the moment I'm enjoying the planning more than the construction, although could be because thus far I've spent the day cutting plasticard to size - hopefully things will pick up when I start the actual building side of things tomorrow.

On the swing side, I'm already plotting out in my head an expansion to my fort once the comp is over giving it a basement/sewer system level. :o

Admiral:

@Dînadan: That’s a great idea!

Oh yes, there’s this page from the Babylon 3D project that could be inspirational, plus Lotr Barad-Dûr.

DAGabriel:

Starting on details now.

Glad I chose a small one, don`t think I will have much time the next weeks.

Grimstonefire:

Is there a minimum size for this?

I have something planned out already, but may only get time to make a section of it (say about 5").

Bloodbeard:

Is there a minimum size for this?

I have something planned out already, but may only get time to make a section of it (say about 5").

Grimstonefire
No minimum. Terrain piece and fortification.

Fuggit Khan:

Well, my original idea for a fortification was way beyond my hobby skills…I failed miserably.

I can picture in my mind what I would like it to look like, but I just could not seem to build it (if that makes sense).

I spent the last few days trying to think of something new, an idea came to me a short while ago and I ordered new bits. So depending on the speed of mail delivery, my lack of experience in building fortifications, etc…I may or may not get it finished in time.

But no worries, I’m putting it all in the context of learning some new hobby skills (slowly) and hoping to improve over time.

Hoping all of you are having better luck with your entries :cheers