[Archive] Artisan's Contest XVII

Abecedar:

Don’t know if I’m going to be able to enter at all this time. Have run out of inspiration.

Dînadan:

Don't know if I'm going to be able to enter at all this time.  Have run out of inspiration.

Abecedar
Stack increasingly smaller boxes atop each other, spray black and enter it as a ziggurat fort ;P

Abecedar:

But isn’t that what you are doing?

And having two ziggurats would be greedy even though progress on my wooden ziggurat is stalled and may never get finished at this rate.

I do have one glimmer of an idea so I’ll see what happens.

Bloodbeard:

Better get to building soon. Perhaps this coming sunday. This weekend was spend building a real treefort in the garden.

Dînadan:

Better get to building soon. Perhaps this coming sunday. This weekend was spend building a real treefort in the garden.

Bloodbeard
Dress the kids up as CDs, strap their feet to wooden boards and enter that with them as the 'minis' for scale reference ;P

TheHoodedMan:

Don't know if I'm going to be able to enter at all this time.  Have run out of inspiration.

Abecedar
I know what you`re speaking of. It seems like the End times have sucked all ideas.

Zanko:

Damn! :mad

I ordered some stuff in the UK about 4 weeks ago and till now didn’t arrived yet! :~

Hopefully it will come before the weekend so that I have some time for the final planning and building … :wink:

:hashut

Dînadan:

Just realised there’s only two weeks left til the deadline. Might have to rethink my entry and do something else as I think I’m going to be hard pressed to get my current plan done in time :frowning:

Fuggit Khan:

Just realised there's only two weeks left til the deadline.  Might have to rethink my entry and do something else as I think I'm going to be hard pressed to get my current plan done in time :(

Dînadan
Me too :(
I've changed directions on it at least 10 times over this past week, each time going for something a bit less grand. The bits I ordered before won't work, sadly, forcing me to scramble for an idea. Hoping I can make the deadline...

Malorndk:

I have a big fundament, but it’s really lacking details, and I’m not sure I will make it in time :frowning:

Bloodbeard:

Got my measurements to work today. Finally. Been a lot of different numbers to juggle around. So now I have grand plans worked out. … Now I just need to build it all. Or at least a small section.

Dînadan:

Got my measurements to work today. Finally. Been a lot of different numbers to juggle around. So now I have grand plans worked out. ... Now I just need to build it all. Or at least a small section.

Bloodbeard
Here's where you go to put the pieces together and find that despite double checking your figures, measuring carefully and making sure you cut exactly the right place, everything is off. Doubly so the stuff that you measured to be the same size only to find out one is a few mm too big and the other is a few mm too small.

;P

Bloodbeard:

Finally cut out bases for the “far to large” project, even cut around to knifing some polystyrene and hopefully I’ll be able to start building some stuff today. Woop woop. Still very much in the game.

Fuggit Khan:

Still very much in the game.

Bloodbeard
Me too, so far. This weekend will be the telling point if I can finish something or not.
Who else is still in?
I'm hoping to see lots of entries, the more the merrier :)

Zanko:

The stuff from the UK arrived yesterday. Hopefully I will manage to finish my project in time … :~

:hashut

Dînadan:

Bloodbeard
Me too, so far. This weekend will be the telling point if I can finish something or not.
Who else is still in?

Fuggit Khan
I'll probably be dropping out; really lacking the energy to get on with things and I'm finding milliput such a pig to work with that I can only manage to do little bits with it at a time which is slowing thing down to a crawl. :|

Won't abandon the project, just won't be able to get it done by the deadline.

DAGabriel:

Small but nearly finished…

Abecedar:

Bloodbeard
Who else is still in?

Fuggit Khan
I might get started this weekend which are coincidentaly my days off. Got nothing done over the past two weeks as each time I tried several days worth of work seemed to attack me all at once.

Miasma:

Yeah I’m going to have to abandon my project, unfortunately real life has thrown a spanner in my plans serves me right for leaving things late even after eating so many ice creams for the materials

Bloodbeard:

Build is drying up. After that it’s painting time. And then see if any expansions are realistic.