[Archive] Artisan's VII(1)

Grimstonefire:

What to enter?

The theme for this Artisans is to create a single Chaos Dwarf themed illustration.  There are no other specific themes, this is an open contest.

Deadline

The deadline for the submission of entries is 30th April 2010 11:59pm EST.  

Rules of the Competition

There is no size limit, the only limit is your imagination.

This is an illustration contest, so we will not accept artwork in any other medium than drawn/rendered (i.e. no sculptures/ videos/ stories/ photography/ whatever else classes as ‘art’ these days).

It does not have to be drawn/ painted by hand, it can be drawn on a computer.  HOWEVER, every part of the image has to be produced by you, you cannot merge/ edit existing artwork done by someone else.

If you put a decorative border on, or some text etc, you have to produce this all by hand (you cannot just type it in on a computer).

Each member may only enter once, and by entering something they have produced.

How to Enter?

To submit your entry upload ONE image to the internet, this cannot be a montage shot.  Next send a PM to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to) with links to the image.  (Note: This is the same as previous Artisan’s Contests)  

If you feel the place you are uploading shrinks it too much (as I think photobucket may), email it to cdostaff@hotmail.co.uk  but please send a pm to the Staff account as well to let us know you have entered it this way so we don’t miss it. :wink:

How will this be judged?

On 1st May we will create a 7 day timed poll to decide the winner(s).

If there are more than 10 entries there will be Silver and Bronze Artisan’s medals.

All entrants will be given a number of slaves equalling the total number of entrants (10 entrants = 10 slaves per entrant etc)

warh:

this sounds interesting,

count on me:P

Loki:

Sounds like a cool idea and we have some great artist on this site cant wait to see what they produce, i won�?Tt be entering, as I can�?Tt draw for toffee

Bolg:

Cool, Ill try to enter…

clam:

Looking forward to see the results - but I’m ruled out too :smiley:

Zanko:

Without any talent in making any kind of artwork I will be an interested viewer of the results! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:hashut

Willmark:

Looking forward to see the results - but I'm ruled out too :D

clam
Yeah we realized this would not be for everyone but figured it would be a nice contest for the artists of the site. Kinda like Artisans' V for the writers.

Pyro Stick:

I fail at drawing so im not going to be entering but im looking forward to seeing entries from the other talented members of the site.

clam:

For the artists or WoH? :smiley: :smiley:

I think it’s a great theme - and I have no problems - what so ever - not being able (read skilled enough) to enter.

Looking forward seeing the entries.

Willmark:

For the artists or WoH? :D :D

I think it's a great theme - and I have no problems - what so ever - not being able (read skilled enough) to enter.

Looking forward seeing the entries.

clam
At this stage of the game we have a ton of art for the Word of Hashut, trust me coming up on 8 issues means we are good to go for a while but more is always nice.

This however is for a chance to have them compete.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Can this be a technical drawing, say for a warmachine, or a perspective drawing, say for a building?

By the term “illustration”, does it mean “cartoon”?

Baggronor:

Cool. :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Willmark:

Can this be a technical drawing, say for a warmachine, or a perspective drawing, say for a building?

By the term "illustration", does it mean "cartoon"?

Tarrakk Blackhand
As long as its a drawing or illustration it works; cartoons work as well.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well…there might be a chance for me to enter.

m3lvin:

how about letting the winner become front page art for WoH?

That would probably get some of us motivated :wink:

/melv

Willmark:

You’ll get your chance I’m working through the front page artist list… The individual up next for the cover has been waiting almost a year.

Forgefire:

well well this sounds fun :smiley:

warh:

I wont have any chance against Baggronor and Forgefire:(

but i will still contribute :smiley:

Ogrob:

This sounds fun. If only I had more practise drawing and a scanner…

Skink:

Ooooh! Love this artisan’s contest! I am actually about to start painting a CD themed canvas. Its inked and ready to be colored :slight_smile:
Yuk, can’t wait to see all the results for this competition, as we have a serious amount of creative people supporting the CDs now:cheers