[Archive] Artisan's VIII - Voting Thread

Thommy H:

Just an excellent standard of entries in this contest - I thought I knew who I was voting for, then I saw all the rest…

Willmark:

Stairs inside of the tower? Are you kidding me? Freaking way cool.

Zanko:

Real cool stuff! :hat off

I’m afraid that my entry will not win :frowning:

… like the last times :wink:

… I should propose a special “looser medal”! :smiley:

:hashut

Nicodemus:

... I should propose a special "looser medal"! :D

Zanko
LOL, they'll need to forge one for both of us!! LOL

zobo1942:

Or maybe for the three of us? Also - my pictures are horrible. I only had ten minutes to snap them and upload them, and the ones I took just suck. I should have used a black background so the colours don’t look so crazy bright…

Maybe someone in the know could make a thread about good miniature photography? Although I don’t know if 15" x 9" x 6" is miniature! Or, maybe I should look for a resource on how to light miniatures for film sets - might be the best option…

Zanko:

Maybe someone in the know could make a thread about good miniature photography? Although I don't know if 15" x 9" x 6" is miniature! Or, maybe I should look for a resource on how to light miniatures for film sets - might be the best option...

zobo1942
Just have a look at this thread!

zobo1942:

Awesome resources - thanks!

EDIT: @zonko: Wow - that is great stuff, and it really works! Check it out:

http://picasaweb.google.com/101162634229329408251/RecentlyUpdated?authkey=Gv1sRgCOrBzsv-tdDNpgE#5512492427622661138

Please use the edit button on the bottom left, double posting is against forum rules. Thank you ~ Hashut’s Blessing.

zobo1942:

@zonko: Wow - that is great stuff, and it really works! Check it out:

http://picasaweb.google.com/101162634229329408251/RecentlyUpdated?authkey=Gv1sRgCOrBzsv-tdDNpgE#5512492427622661138

GRNDL:

/em curses Ishkur yet again.

/em thinks he needs more ninjas.

That is if entry #1 is his. I believe there are some telltale signs, but I could be wrong. Whoever made #1, congrats… Sure, there could be a voting landslide for the other entries, they are most deserving, but I doubt the results will differ from their current state.

G.2:

@zonko: Wow - that is great stuff, and it really works! Check it out:

zobo1942
That is indeed a nice photo. Thanks for sharing it, and showing us the difference. - Good luck in the comp by the way.

zobo1942:

Easy to do as well. When I saw the pictures I sent in, I was kind of ashamed of being able to see my vacuum cleaner and kitchen chair in the background, and then seeing the really ‘finished’ looking pictures the other people sent in. I have no hope in the competition - I’m just hoping I get more than one vote (ie. the one I casy myself!!)

Regardless, I learned a LOT. I’ve never made any scenery before (except for drybrushing two bark chips, and the table that everything is sitting on) so I’m pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Already, other ideas are burbling around in my brain…

Bassman:

Why only one vote? I would have the possibility to cast 5 votes!!! Awesome! Good job everyody.

Zanko: do not worry I’m really thinking to vote yours :wink:

Who made the tower/fortress? I love it! It reminds me of Albrecht Durer’s fortresses

http://www.aggregat456.com/2009/06/in-re-durer_17.html

Still wondering who will get my vote… :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Photos on white backgrounds with no clutter, i.e no cats, soda cans, old VHS tapes, etc in the bacground also makes the editor in chief of the Word of Hashut happy as well.

cornixt:

I guess my entry would have been completely blown away by every one of those. Still only half done, but I’ll create a blog for mine since it is so cunningly constructed.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Photos on white backgrounds with no clutter, i.e no cats, soda cans, old VHS tapes, etc in the bacground also makes the editor in chief of the Word of Hashut happy as well.

Willmark
Hehe, well my kitchen in the background would certainly not have been very sexy either. I mean, I think my kitchen looks great, but it somehow just does not seem to fit into the darklands very well. ;)

Khaosbeardling:

Great job everyone! They all look great!

Zanko:

Who made the tower/fortress? I love it! It reminds me of Albrecht Durer's fortresses
http://www.aggregat456.com/2009/06/in-re-durer_17.html

Still wondering who will get my vote..... :-)

Bassman
You means the entry no. 5 with still one vote?

zobo1942:

Or, do you mean entry number three - with just one vote? :wink:

Nicodemus:

Given that we know who entered I think we already know whose entry was whose… esp. when you consider some of the pics have models in them :wink: …is there any real need to wait for the 10-day timed poll to close? I think the outcome is pretty clear!!

Speaking of loser medals… is there anyone that’s been perpetually entering contests and ending up at the bottom of the heap in terms of votes? Maybe we need a articipant’s “Participant of Choice” medal or something.  Or maybe “The Medal of Stubbornness”,

Alfract:

i think would mine would of definitely looked small next to all the other entries, i hope that’ll i’ll still be able to get it finished and post some pictures