[Archive] Ash Wastes Insurrection(1)

Abecedar:

The Hellfire Battlebarge with the conning tower redone …  again.

Admiral:

It’s looking better and better. Will you add some details to the hull and the side plates of the cannon? A lifeboat somewhere would be nice as well.

Abecedar:

Will definitely be adding more details. But considering how my first effort at making windows myself by cutting into the wood turned out I will just have to find the right things to use. I found those ladder shaped cable ties at an airport and they work well for the tower bits and I’ll find other stuff somewhere / someday

Abecedar:

I have made some progress on my Seige Giant.   I traded a couple of olde dragon ogres for him from a young Ogre player at our club.  But then he needed money bad for rent or some-such and I bought the dragon ogres back.

Here it is originally. Still had some mold lines and gaps.

Now re-undercoated with Army Painter spray “Buff” I think. His skin got washed with a reddy/brown wash I’d mixed ages ago.
And he’s got his Kilt made from chains and the beginnings of his proper armour.

Yodrin:

Cool;)

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Bloodbeard:

That chain skirt make him look like a giant princess. But I like chains. I would make sense to put chains on the angry giant and just cut him loose, when he needs to break stuff. And then having to put new chains on him after the battle.

You could add some spikes and skulls to the end of some chains.

The hook are great. Good use of plastik sprue. I would trim of a bit more of all the sides though. And then add some rivets/bolts with thin plastic rod. It makes it much easier to make the metal look good, some part to hightlight and for wash to gather around.

I’ll steal the sprue hook idea for a giant - eventually. Properly after I made everything on the armylist.

Fuggit Khan:

I really like the chain kilt…and I am always impressed by your scratch built conversions using the most interesting variety of parts and bits. The plastic sprues are perfect :hat off

Abecedar:

I started doing the arms first just so i had an idea of where to go with it all.  Got rid of the shields off his arms etc and making a start on the "ripping Blades.  His right hand is drilled out to take a dowel and the plan is for a gauntlet and brace sort of thing with multiple headed flail(s) attached.

So the plan is to finish the armour and body first then solidify the base a bit.  Have got a nicely twisted idea for the helm and then lastly go back to work on the arms and weapons.  They really are only in their first stages of construction / conception and any ideas where to take them will be welcome

Abecedar:

Here is some WIP shots of my second BC Champion.

The pieces are a Reaper Bull? I think, a Reaper Minotaur mercenary and a loose BC Head and arm

This is where I’m up to at the moment.
The axe isn’t finished (and is still detachable),  The join between torso and bull body needs thickening up before I can think about armour and I’m not quite happy with the face as a whole.

Sticklander:

Interesting conversion. How did you remove the bull centaur head from the rest of the torso?

Abecedar:

That head, I beleive now, is a failed recast attempt by someone. It came with a Bull centaur I got from the US through ebay, back in 2010 . The bottom edge was all wavy etc from the casting.

Abecedar:

I have made a start on a ziggurat.  This is the beginnings of very top level of it.  It will contain an alter and an image of Hashut.

I want to add lots of details and gradually build it up one level at a time

Abecedar:

Here is where I’m up to with the temple today.  just some more crenelations to do.

Next is to get the second level sorted out.   I keep changing my mind on how wide and deep it should be.   Then maybe begin some detail work

Admiral:

Nice temple project! The stair is at the same time fitting for Chaos Dwarfs with that stepped suppert and for Chaos in its odd construction.

Have you planned to add frescoes (like of Bull Centaurs) to the walls?

Kera foehunter:

Very nice temple can’t wait to see more

Abecedar:

Thanks Kera.   A bit more tonight if I can get some photos done.

Thanks Admiral.   The stairs took up half a dozen pages of graph paper with scaled drawings whilst I struggled with height and depth and stuff.  I suck at getting scale right and thought I’d measure ten times (instead of twice) to cut once.  The graph paper is lined at 5mm intervals which I drew on for each step.  Trouble was the MDF is 6mm thick.  
I knew I definitely wanted a landing for a sorcerer to be on and that is what I came up with.   I am so glad you liked it for being “odd”

Abecedar:

Here is today’s effort.   the first level below the temple is built. up to a point at least.

A bit of cheating in the photos as all the crenelations on the walls are not fixed on yet.

Abecedar:

Sorry, forgot to say.   Yes I will be adding frescoes and braziers and anything else I can think of.   They are all classified as “details”. The exact details of which I haven’t quite figured out yet to my satisfaction.

I think I’ll have a go at carving some with a dremel and maybe try some wood-burning techniques.   neither of which I’ve actually ever done before.  

there is always that awesome dwarf mine for inspiration

Yodrin:

This is coming along nicely, looks great!!

Abecedar:

Haven’t gotten very far with the Temple / fortress for a while.  I have been having a try at carving stuff to make frescos (right word?) for the walls.

I have got a bit of work done on the interior of the temple but no pics of that yet and all work on the seige giant has ceased whilst I’m struggling with the Artisans project